Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wraith777

Gods&Guardians - 6 map episode (beta demo ready)

Posted (edited)

[custom title screen pending]

Gods & Guardians - DooM2 6 map episode beta (3 maps).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsz96coapt09zf2/GnG05.zip?dl=0

*/reuploaded - fixed map03/

This little project spawned from my attempts to map for 'Doom2 the way id did'. Two of my maps
were then rejected and since I really don't like to make single releases those two were hanging
around on my HDD for 5 years now. Also, there was a third map that I've never finished.. until now.

So, I've decided to add proper beginning and boss fight maps to make a complete 6 map episode out of it.
Three more maps are now in process.

Beta demo contains maps 3,4 and 5. I always try to test everything out, but there still might be some HOMs,
misaligned textures or things, action errors etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical info:

-6 classic DooM2 maps (planned), no slaughter, mostly adventurous (as some would expect)

-All textures are stock (except new sky).

-Music order and map names are changed (dehacked inside .wad and patched DooM2+.exe are included)

-Levels are mostly vanilla, only maps 4 and 5 break save game limits. Better use PrBoom.

------
Story
------

Ugh, another boring day in old port town. Yet, again, hell pays another visit to earth. Beyond
murky walls of the old water city they are building a tower-shaped temple, where they can worship
their hell gods (and which, additionally, will serve as a slipgate for hell forces). As a member
of C.A.H.I.G.O (City Anti Hell Invasion Guardians Organization) your mission is to infiltrate
and destroy that temple.

All routes to invaded area are contained, the only way to get there is thru underground flood
channels which exit right into the old town of New Venice, where the entrance to the tower is hidden...

GnG05-1.png.e44711c481faac2b33cddc8cb706711e.pngGnG05-2.png.f532f349c8d0da0ed9b48c65040f8528.png

GnG05-3.png.d3b2865da2bdbd6eda9a0bc54f8913a7.pngGnG05-4.png.283441487098dbf9f3f706e94de3d8e1.png

GnG05-5.png.077c082892b5c0677b664ccfa06d8ec7.pngGnG05-6.png.d28352f2381d506ef0d1b514c42ee15d.png

Edited by Wraith777

Well I just spent a very enjoyable ~45 minutes exploring map03, a large dense highly interconnected tech-maze map. Think of stuff like Memento Mori map09 or MM2 map22. I recommend it to anyone who likes a slower-paced exploration with lots of secret-hunting.

I found all the counted secrets although missed some items. More importantly I was not able to exit because there is no mechanism to raise the exit bridge (there is no line tagged 34 -- I suspect you meant to put a raise+change switch somewhere). Also I noticed the berserk box can be bumped off its ledge early which was probably also unintended, and a few things that seem like secrets but aren't marked as such, e.g. the switch hidden behind the pillar (line 2405) and the plasma cells behind the bars in the radiation sector near the start (thing 290).

17 hours ago, RjY said:

More importantly I was not able to exit because there is no mechanism to raise the exit bridge (there is no line tagged 34 -- I suspect you meant to put a raise+change switch somewhere). Also I noticed the berserk box can be bumped off its ledge early which was probably also unintended, and a few things that seem like secrets but aren't marked as such, e.g. the switch hidden behind the pillar (line 2405) and the plasma cells behind the bars in the radiation sector near the start (thing 290).

Fixed the lift, switch is in the lift tower (area with that switch was rebuild some time ago, but I've forgot to put linedef action back). Also made some other changes to map03, so it's now reuploaded.

Remaining maps (#1,2,6) will be something more fast paced and action oriented in order to compensate slow paced exploration nature of maps3,4,5.