Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roboticmehdi

doom 3 demo not working

Hello, new here. I don't use steam. Downloaded and installed doom 3 demo. Not working, fails to launch. Here is error message:

----------------------------------------------------

Doom 3 has stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    Doom3.exe
  Application Version:    1.0.0.1
  Application Timestamp:    414221a3
  Fault Module Name:    Doom3.exe
  Fault Module Version:    1.0.0.1
  Fault Module Timestamp:    414221a3
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    001e8693
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    0920
  Additional Information 2:    0920d209f8c35f05a188129cc62d9cef
  Additional Information 3:    fe7f
  Additional Information 4:    fe7f114f1d62b0e56d9eff8e6230ebdb

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I have windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, intel core 2 duo T7250, ATi mobility radeon 2400XT, 2 GB RAM, all other games work good (COD4 MW, crysis, half life 2, GTA SA....)

(all drivers are up-to-date and working perfectly with all games except this one)

Can help?

(I want to play the demo and looking for solutions about that, please don't tell to go with full version)

The demo executable does not work on versions of Windows post XP. It's the full version or bust.

That certainly is very wrong. Firstly, it seems only SOME versions past XP is affected by that bug including Vista and 7. However 10 is NOT affected, since I'm running it myself and I've tried Doom 3 Demo on it and it's more than happy to run very well. :) I skipped Windows 8/8.1 because it sucks (mostly because of the GUI imo), so I can't say when the bug was fixed, but it must've been somewhere between Windows 7 and Windows 10. And secondly, even if you're unfortunate and can't run the demo straight off, the still good possibilities of getting it to work. Moreso than ever since the source was released and a few source ports are available too.

So what this boils down to is the OP has Three choices here as far as I can see.

1) Either downgrade or upgrade your Windows

2) Do it the old skool method by patching the demo, then do console skip

3) Use a source port. You probably still might want the patch and perhaps have to console skip if you don't want to download the source code and recompile it in demo mode, should be possible to do though I've never tried it, feels like overkill even for me ^^