Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SiFi270

Origin of this titlepic for Memento Mori 1?

1512225812849.png

I've seen it in Demos uploaded to Youtube by TheLonerD and as the header for this review, but was there ever actually a version of (or patch for) Memento Mori that actually included it? I also found the origin of the picture, but that site has measures to prevent people from copying or saving it.

a bit of irony as it isn't even hosted on that site

https://photos.smugmug.com/By-Room/The-Tomb/i-SKM2GgP/0/c451c8c9/XL/IMG_1301-XL.jpg

It is a fake fake total fake titlepic and has never been in any way, shape, or form, part of the official release. I slapped it together purely for my review. The only fake titlepic I made to graduate to "official" status would be Return to Hadron's.

It is pretty strange that Memento Mori didn't have a titlepic.

I wonder which pwad was the first to feature one.

5 hours ago, kmxexii said:

It is a fake fake total fake titlepic and has never been in any way, shape, or form, part of the official release. I slapped it together purely for my review. The only fake titlepic I made to graduate to "official" status would be Return to Hadron's.

Did you do the same thing for MM2? I found the MM2 Titlepic with that same red logo in my MM folder. I know it's not in the original wad.

When I downloaded MM1 I searched for the latest release, in case there was a rerelease or something.

I played it first and I decided to go online and check a review, out of curiosity.

I saw this picture and I also looked at YouTube demos. Indeed, the picture was there too.

And I thought to myself: "You damn idiot! You searched for the latest release, didn't you?"

So, I am glad to finally know that MM never had this titlepic.

7 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Did you do the same thing for MM2? I found the MM2 Titlepic with that same red logo in my MM folder. I know it's not in the original wad.

The titlepic for my review is literally a screenshot of the titlepic with Memento Mori II's M_DOOM graphic pasted on top of it. Sticklers may note that I failed to stretch M_DOOM to account for aspect ratio correction.

I decided to make a second version of my addon that just has the photo on its own so you don't see two M_DOOMs overlapping. But now you may think the total absence of color makes it more bland I dunno.