Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Splatterhouse 3D - Full TC

That looks really great so far. I wanted to try this out, but the link in the opening post does not work for me. I am just getting a 404.

Sorry, the link should have gone to the download page, but it went straight to the old file instead, which is no longer available. Fixed.

I've been playing the newest update on ultra violence. I like the new revamp for the Howler as well. I haven't finished E2M6 yet but I have found a few things that need to be fixed.

E1M3: Sector 126, next to sector 115 which is a secret, is labeled as a secret when that area isn't really an accessible place to be able to go to. 
You have to jump and crouch to get into it but there is nothing significant there. 

E2M1: There are 4 monsters in a non-accessible closet (sector 155) that are stuck in there. Things 526, 527, 528, and 529 are the ones trapped in there
and all have the tag of 0. The rest of the monsters in the closet have the tag 93 and can get out to attack. 

11 hours ago, Larzuk said:

I've been playing the newest update on ultra violence. I like the new revamp for the Howler as well. I haven't finished E2M6 yet but I have found a few things that need to be fixed.

E1M3: Sector 126, next to sector 115 which is a secret, is labeled as a secret when that area isn't really an accessible place to be able to go to. 
You have to jump and crouch to get into it but there is nothing significant there. 

E2M1: There are 4 monsters in a non-accessible closet (sector 155) that are stuck in there. Things 526, 527, 528, and 529 are the ones trapped in there
and all have the tag of 0. The rest of the monsters in the closet have the tag 93 and can get out to attack. 

Thanks for the bug report. Fixed both issues, and uploaded the new version, which also has Rick in a green outfit to match his kick (thanks QuakedoomNukem Cz!).

I'm glad you like the new Howler. I think it's become the scariest monster in the lineup as a result.

Edited by Impie

Made some updates to E2M5: The Hidden Below. Monsters can now escape from the ordeals and enter the central chamber, AND I fixed the Bagman Maze so you HAVE to enter it to clear it (after a let's player showed me a way to cheat that section).

Hey there, made an account just to say I love this TC, thank you for your hard work!  =]   I am no modder but I did a few tweaks for my own personalization, and gave the chainsaw new sprites + doom 3 sfx, as well as added the brutal doom 21 axe weapon, just for a bit of weapon variety. It can be picked up in S1M3 and S2M2. I also whipped up a Rick hudbar mugshot to help it feel more like SH, instead of Doomguy down there.

I attached a zip of the Rick mugshots for anyone that would like to use them. 

Image1.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Splat3DRickmugshot.zip

Edited by mrskumbag : added file attachment

8 hours ago, mrskumbag said:

I also whipped up a Rick hudbar mugshot to help it feel more like SH, instead of Doomguy down there.

This looks really dope in-game. I could never make a decent looking hud face for rick. You mind if I add it to the mod and credit you in the pdf?

19 minutes ago, Impie said:

This looks really dope in-game. I could never make a decent looking hud face for rick. You mind if I add it to the mod and credit you in the pdf?

glad you like it :)  and go for it!

Finally had the time to check this one out. Very well done Impie, that is impressive !

Splatterhouse 2 and Killing Time were probably the first of my gory games back then and they're still part of my collection. 

I think the old Namco crew would be proud of you.  

4 hours ago, 4everDoomed said:

I think the old Namco crew would be proud of you.  

I'd like to think Namco USA woulda wished I was on the dev team for the reboot...

It'd be cool to send links to this to the original dev team members, but I dunno how I'd do that.

On 1/6/2019 at 11:28 AM, mrskumbag said:

Hey there, made an account just to say I love this TC, thank you for your hard work!  =]   I am no modder but I did a few tweaks for my own personalization, and gave the chainsaw new sprites + doom 3 sfx, as well as added the brutal doom 21 axe weapon, just for a bit of weapon variety. It can be picked up in S1M3 and S2M2. I also whipped up a Rick hudbar mugshot to help it feel more like SH, instead of Doomguy down there.

I attached a zip of the Rick mugshots for anyone that would like to use them. 

Image1.jpg

Image4.jpg

Image5.jpg

Splat3DRickmugshot.zip

Do you have a download link to the axe and chainsaw with it or can you load the zip file for it?

Music from the demo version was removed because it was repetitive and the game is scarier without it.

I think it would be best to leave that to the player. An option to turn the music on/off would be nice.

2 hours ago, Mugwump said:

I think it would be best to leave that to the player. An option to turn the music on/off would be nice.

It doesn't suit the direction I took the mod in. I was going for something immersive, so I made the use of music minimal. Besides which, as I've stated before, level music makes it almost impossible to hear important sound cues, like monsters approaching from behind, environmental changes, zombies reviving, etc. Especially the loud music used in the original games.

On 2/11/2019 at 1:58 AM, DoomCATO said:

Do you have a download link to the axe and chainsaw with it or can you load the zip file for it?

sorry for the late response!  Yep I can share, havent messed with it in a bit but it all still works as best as I could manage (couldnt figure out how to get the saw or axe to be blood stained when doing damage, i got exhausted. and it was tricky rigging the chainsaws' doom 3 idle sound to sound acceptable)! Just my own personal little remix of it that I play with

Splat3Dsawaxeedit.7z

Finished the first episode last night (HMP), and it was awesome! I had totally forgotten there was an Ep2, though, so I'm glad I looked up this thread. Also, I don't remember ever using a kick attack; how is that done? (I suppose it's in the PDF, which I never looked at...?)

Alt fire with most weapons engages the kick. Alt fire with the shotgun fires one barrel at a time.

Played the first 3 maps of episode two; great stuff. Loved the bayou theme of M3; the swamps levels (especially Darkmere) were always my favorite in Hexen.

I did find a very minor bug in S2M1. The top of this piece of wreckage has the slow-down floor effect of the mud surrounding it:

Screenshot_Doom_20190415_210217.png

Updates!

- A few level tweaks to reduce tedium, especially final levels.

- Bat has 3 damage frames instead of one, allowing you to maul enemies more effectively with a single swing.

- Potassium Bombs are more damaging.

- Boreworms are less damaging.

- Bagman has shorter attack range.

Happy Upcoming Halloween! If you want a festively spooky time in Doom, add Dark Doomz to this mod! It looks amazing!

I have just registered to say Thank you, the atmosphere of the game is magnificent, I love the sounds of heal pick ups and will books, No music in game is perfect for immersion, Monster screams, the blood drop sound, and other details are great also level design i love it. The gameplay is perfectly balanced is challenging and fun to play.

Thanks for this TC. Impie you have a lot of talent.

Im uploading  to youtube a blind playthough, now im at s2m3

Spoiler

Sorry English is not my native language

Edited by Bulldog del 80

It's great that so many people are youtubing this mod for halloween! Thanks for stopping by, Bulldog!

After seeing what a reception Splatterhouse got through the month of October, I started working on the third episode to conclude Rick and Jenny's ordeal. It is a work in progress, but this is what to expect with the next update:

- 6 spooky new maps

- New monsters to squish with your fists

- Graphical updates for the episode bosses Dr. West (all new sprites) and Professor Mueller (major facelift)

- Teaser encounters with villains West and Mueller in their respective episodes

- A few fixes to maps in episodes 1 and 2: map mechanics, texture misalignments, locations of items, etc

- Improved storyline based on that of the third game

shaq.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

When a mod that you thought was finished announces another episode

Spoiler

Is this how people felt in 1995 when The Ultimate Doom dropped?

4 hours ago, Darkpixel said:

Is this how people felt in 1995 when The Ultimate Doom dropped?

Actually yeah, Doom 2 was already out and it was a little more difficult to find news about games. Online bulletin boards and magazines were a good source but Ultimate Doom was kind of a surprise to me because it's unusual that a developer updates an original game when the sequel is already out. It was kind of like a cherry on top of an already tasty cake.

on topic: the update looks awesome, Splatterhouse was a game I enjoyed a lot back in the day, and this is a mod that transforms the atmosphere/feel into the Doom engine really well. Much respect.