Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stochastic

My music cover/medley that combines Doom Episode 1 Tracks

Here's my thrash/progressive metal cover arrangement of Bobby Prince's tracks from Knee Deep in the Dead that I wrote/arranged for a college project. Combines (almost) all the tracks from Episode 1 in some form or fashion. Listen for them all :) 

Originally performed live, mixed in 5.1 surround with accompanying speedrun video in the background. Here's the regular mp3 in stereo. Feel free to download if you like :) All instruments recorded by yours truly.

Thanks for listening!

1 minute ago, Glaice said:

Neat stuff, tho why include sound effects of the game?

Thanks for listening! To add even more context, the concert in which this was performed was entitled "Nostalgia", so each student in the class wrote a musical piece depicting that. I wanted to recreate my first memories of playing Doom, in which I was a frightened little kid battling the forces of hell, overwhelmed by all the demon noises and the metal music tracks. To help convey this, I decided to quite literally insert these sound effects into my piece. When I performed it live, it was mixed in 5.1 surround and projected through the recital hall. The sound effects were panned in various positions to help immerse the listener; to give the impression that the demons were all around them. Then, in the stereo mp3 version I decided to keep them in there for shits and giggles. 

TLDR - for shits and giggles and nostalgia :)

On 4/17/2018 at 5:28 PM, Odal said:

.... the concert in which this was performed ....

An epic piece for an amateur concert. I hope it was well-received.