Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fletcher`

Q2 theme mods

Does anyone know of any Quake 2 themed mods for Doom 2 (for zdoom)? I'm in the mood for those. ;)

yes it's very Quake 1ish. Fatal's Doom Ressurection levels did seem a bit Q2ish, but I hunger for MORE HA HA HA!!

Sorry.

There was a wad I played once by ReX, had the Q2 weapons converted into sprite format.
Look here for it.
It's called temple.zip, BTW.

ravage said:

Does anyone know of any Quake 2 themed mods for Doom 2 (for zdoom)? I'm in the mood for those. ;)

Temple of the Ancients is a 5-level hub for ZDooM that uses Q3A textures and Q2 weapons. Phoenix Rising is a 5-level set for a source port (to prevent VPOs and for custom sprites) that uses Q2 textures.

You can get more information on these and other levels at Piper at the Gates of DooM.

DooMBoy said:

There was a wad I played once by ReX, had the Q2 weapons converted into sprite format.
Look here for it.
It's called temple.zip, BTW.

Hey, DB, you and I posted at almost the same time.

(Also, IIRC, the file is called Temple2.zip, because a temple.zip was already in 3d-archives. Ravage, here is the direct link.)

Darkening E2,
Perforated Entrails (DM)
QuakeDoom2 (got monsters from mainly quake 2, and weapons from quake2 etc.)
Ni'mrod (was inspired by quake2, but I'm not sure how much it shows)
FFi aka FragFest initialized (DM)
Gems3 (using DE2 resources)

lots of other wads.

kristus said:

Ni'mrod (was inspired by quake2, but I'm not sure how much it shows)

It does feel like quake 2 a bit, but to me it feels like Malice (that 23rd century TC for quake 1) as well. (in terms of atmosphere and the dark future-esque time period)

Darkening E2, - played it
Perforated Entrails (DM) -cant get it (bad links)
QuakeDoom2 (got monsters from mainly quake 2, and weapons from quake2 etc.) - never hear of
Ni'mrod (was inspired by quake2, but I'm not sure how much it shows) - played it
FFi aka FragFest initialized (DM) - played it
Gems3 (using DE2 resources) -never heard of it.
Dark 7 and mission pack - played it.

It's made by Urhash[OS], a deathmatch fellow, it's about a year ago, I think. Nowadays he is still alive and sound hanging out on Zdaemon.

gems3 - can be found on DoomCenter.Com

Ultimate DooMer said:

It does feel like quake 2 a bit, but to me it feels like Malice (that 23rd century TC for quake 1) as well. (in terms of atmosphere and the dark future-esque time period)

Haven't played malice.

ravage said:

I had a idea...if jdoom uses quake 2 models...then why dont they have a addon pack that lets u use quake 2 weapons?