Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XDelusion

Strain Level 7

Is there a walkthrough for Strain? My girl friend is stuck on level 7, she has the blue and yellow key, and she has switched all the switches there are to switch, and still nothing! Anyone?

I don't know of a walkthrough, but there are demos available:
http://www.doomworld.com/sda/strain.htm
Note: you will need to use Strnhack.exe to play them back.

Many source ports have a problem with the exit from Map07 (you go into the exit teleporter, but nothing happens). This issue has been discussed in some previous threads. You can either idclev08 to start map08 with no ammo, or else (and this is port-dependent) use the "exitlevel" command or equivalent.

Well I have not played it myself up to that point, so I did not get to see where all she went, and in what order. I looked at the map under Deep, and it showed the exit as having Fraggle script, and scrolling textures, but I thought this came out before Fraggle script and was designed for vanilla DOOM?

Anyhow what makes the exit available, and what is supposed to happen when it is? Does a wall slide down and you can walk through or what? I'd like to correct it for my page:

http://files.frashii.com/~sp00nz/Doom/

Using changemap at the console in Zdoom finishes the level as if you have hit an exit switch, and allows you to progress on to a specified map

eg

changemap map08

I had the same problem too, but I "idclip"ed into the teleporter then unclipped and forced my way back out of it causing it to trigger the exit.