Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sanster87

doom 2 undertale meets ao oni

this wad contains 2 wads aka undertale wad/determination 1.1 and ao oni wad/mansion wad

but in this wad/mod you can play as chara against the ao oni

plz enjoy!

I would say many of the same things hold true for mods, so please read this thread and add the appropriate information to your post. I think your mod will be more likely to be downloaded then.

2 hours ago, sanster87 said:

trust me you will love this wad

Quote from 2nd link:

Yommiao said:

My sincere apologies that I made idiotic attempts in trying to convince everyone this mod is a masterpiece....

... Imagine if you realized you've been working on what's atrocious from the start....

I think the only thing worth saving/checking out from that thread is one of Jaxxoon R's posts linking to this beautiful little article:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=47526

On subject, sanster, are you yommiao? Have you learned to take criticism yet? What made you change your mind from regretting all your work on this mod that even you said 'started as shit' to trying to pimp it again? Is it the same from that thread or has anything been updated in the last couple years?

If you're not yommiao, why are you posting this and trying to present it as being good? Is your goal to open a new wave of shitposting from players' expectations not being met?

1 hour ago, Fonze said:

why are you posting this and trying to present it as being good?

My first thought is that @sanster87 does think that the mod that he/she (presumably) worked on for awhile is good. Why would you post it and present it as good unless you thought that? Right? Right?

There is always the chance that it is as awesome as he/she claims.

We should probably also wait for this person to come back and add some additional information before we jump to conclusions. Because we here at Doomworld are responsible members of online society.

All the information should be in the first post, not third. Also, this should have been posted in WADs & Mods subforum tho.

I will love it if there were screen shots and you didn't use 3 posts to kick off your thread.

21 hours ago, Pegleg said:

My first thought is that @sanster87 does think that the mod that he/she (presumably) worked on for awhile is good. Why would you post it and present it as good unless you thought that? Right? Right?

There is always the chance that it is as awesome as he/she claims.

We should probably also wait for this person to come back and add some additional information before we jump to conclusions. Because we here at Doomworld are responsible members of online society.

well i didin't think since  if.. i mean if you guys dont like the mod i can remove it if thats what u want

to be honest if you dont want the mod for your doom guys ill just get rid of it

im sorry if you dont want the mods

Well I apologize for my part in that; I'm sure some people will want to play or at least see them. No need to take them down; their being posted might even be enough to inspire somebody else to make their own thing later... or take up developing a fork to this mod as you've done with the original (assuming you're yommiao).

I was mostly curious if you are the author of said mod(s) and if anything has been updated in the last couple years since that zdoom thread. I prolly could have worded my post nicer but after reading that zdoom thread it seemed appropriate; kinda still does tbh.

As harsh as I was about this, I'll just say that you really shouldn't care what I think.

Removing mods because "nobody wants them" is stupid, I assure you that they'll be more welcome then some of the hot garbage still hanging around, just because us vocal lot don't like it don't mean it ain't welcome.

-

... Even if it turns out to be ironic entertainment, I'd still call it a win.

Edited by mrthejoshmon

well i didin't think since  if.. i mean if you guys dont like the mod i can remove it if thats what u want

1 hour ago, sanster87 said:

Let me say something that I should have said earlier: Welcome to Doomworld!

I'm sorry if I came across as harsh or a prick. That wasn't entirely my intention.

The bottom line is, people on Doomworld aren't a bunch of jerks (usually), and @mrthejoshmon is right, you shouldn't care what we think. You should make mods and wads for yourself and your own enjoyment.

That all being said, I stand by my initial post regarding adding screenshots and other information. People are more likely to download something, especially if you're new to the forum, if you have information about what the mods, what they do, how they look, etc. then that does two things for you:

1. It shows people that you're serious and actually have put the time in to making something

2. It lets people get an idea of what the mod looks like

Furthermore, you have to remember that people here have seen a lot of "this is the most awesome wad/mod ever and you should play it" type of posts, so if you don't include information, you're likely to get the sort of replies you got.

Ultimately, don't be discouraged. Submit your work and take the feedback you get and learn from it.

7 hours ago, Pegleg said:

That all being said, I stand by my initial post regarding adding screenshots and other information. People are more likely to download something, especially if you're new to the forum, if you have information about what the mods, what they do, how they look, etc. then that does two things for you:

1. It shows people that you're serious and actually have put the time in to making something

2. It lets people get an idea of what the mod looks like

This. You'd be surprised how much of a difference a single screenshot can make. It is hard as hell, especially for new members, to get others to play their wad/mod without screenshots. Also, when you talk about something like playing as Chara in Ao Oni in a Doom mod, you kinda need screenshots because for all we know, it could just be a very bland, very broken and very unfun mess. Screenshots help tell us what we're in for and what to expect.

but you have to admit i really dont know how to make a wad/mod/pk3 file for doom but if u guys gave like a tutoriel [plz] let me know and ill try to fix the problems im having

27 minutes ago, sanster87 said:

but you have to admit i really dont know how to make a wad/mod/pk3 file for doom but if u guys gave like a tutoriel [plz] let me know and ill try to fix the problems im having

We don't know what you know and what you don't know. All we know is that you said you made 2 wads/mods that we would all love. You didn't include any other information aside from where to get them. We don't know what they look like, what ports they were tested in, etc. From the download locations, we can assume that these are meant to be compatible with ZDoom or GZDoom. But that's all we know.

There's nothing wrong with being inexperienced when it comes to mapping or making mods. Everyone starts out somewhere. No one is just born as a genius mapper; it takes time and work. It's possible to learn what you need to know and all of the information is out there. You just have to be willing to go look for it and try (and you seem like you're willing to do so).

@Linguica made a set of very detailed tutorials explaining what you need to get started mapping in vanilla Doom.

These tutorials (12 in all) will set up a solid foundation for vanilla Doom, which will lay the foundation for more advanced things you can do in Boom and ZDoom.

There is also an entire section of these forums devoted to tutorials on various aspects of Doom, many of which go beyond vanilla Doom.

https://www.doomworld.com/forum/53-editing-tutorials/

There are also numerous videos on youtube about how to map and make various things in Doom.

The bottom line is that people here are willing to help if they feel like they're being approached the right way and if you seem as if you're making an effort on your own. It takes time to learn the things you want to know (by the way, we don't even know what you want to know) and it will take even longer for you to get good at them. So, start from the beginning and learn.

You can post updates to this forum (with the appropriate accompanying information) and get feedback. Take that feedback and learn from it and keep growing. Mapping and modding for Doom is a marathon not a sprint.

Good luck!