Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gerardo194

Resurrecting the missing Doom64 monsters. ("missing" weapon animations done)

Guest Unregistered account

Looks fantastic, though I would either make the armour warmer coloured to mesh with the bone colour or the bones colder coloured to mesh with the armour.

Also, this might just be me, but those legs really need lengthening. (Unless they're bent more than's apparent?)

I don't like Doom64 sprites but your work is amazing, it really captures the feel of the game and the style of late 90's gritty digitized sprites.

The Revenant looks great but in adition to Kapanyo's suggestions, maybe you should consider enlarging the pelvis area, it looks proportionally too small in relation to the rest of the model.

Oh man. This looks amazing!

Even now that I have saw it, I know that I'll still be in shock when some of your designs make appearance in game.

I can easily imagine this Revenant in the D64 instruction booklet or some N64 games magazine. 
It would be nice if your project have some promotion in that style once the project is completed.

On 7/8/2018 at 7:58 PM, NightmareMan said:

It would be nice if your project have some promotion in that style once the project is completed.

Of course I thinking about that, some kind of promotion or manual for the project, hehe.

Here's another leaked photo:

IMG-20180707-WA0002.jpg

Wow, Gerardo194 . Great moves, keep it up. Proud of you.

That Revenant is all kinds of awesome! I would say it fits right in with the redesigned Doom monsters.

I'm glad to see you again @Ex Oblivione

Thank you very much for liking it. It was a hard job! I've been working on a polished version of the Heavy Weapon Dude and it looks better than the first one but having a similar design. The first version was giving me rendering problems but it helped me to learn more about 3D models on blender.

But that is not all. The other monsters: female Arch vile "summoner", early Cyberdemon concept and cerberus are on the way. The "summoner" is in progress now, I just have to add her skin, bones and adding more details to the mesh. I will show more in the coming days...screenshots this time, not "leaked" photos 

On 4/24/2018 at 1:29 PM, GoatLord said:

If you look at the sculpture of the original archvile, it has mostly human features, and a terrifying, otherworldly face. Your entire model is otherworldly, and the humanness of the face is obfuscated by a lot of peculiar segmented touches. It ends up giving the model an almost vegetative or dragon-like appearance. Now, that's not the say the model is bad, in fact it's quite nice, but it strays a bit too much from the overtly demonic characteristics of a typical Doom enemy. The archvile is an elongated, pale, emaciated fire thrower with a face full of hate. Think about how that might translate to your model. I don't think it would need major adjustments.

archvile2.png

Archvile_sculpt.jpg

Does anyone else see Carmack in the face and head? 

12 hours ago, BeenJammin said:

Does anyone else see Carmack in the face and head? 

I do...especially in the second pic.

There's a Doom 64 styled Revenant sprite made. Not sure it's complete to be used though.

Edited by The-Heretic-Assassin : Original post was out of context.

3 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

There's already a Doom 64 Revenant sprite made.

What do you mean by saying this? Just because another person made a Doom64 style Revenant, nobody can't make their own? 

I see someone smells like fanboy around here. I feel sorry for you.

1 minute ago, Gerardo194 said:

What do you mean by saying this? Just because another person made a Doom64 style Revenant, nobody can't make their own? 

Better shut everything down and delete your work! Back to square one.

18 minutes ago, Ex Oblivione said:

Better shut everything down and delete your work! Back to square one.

I cannot do that my friend. This project isn't for me. It's for everyone.

6 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

That's not what I mean. I made a little mistake not saying it properly, was just explaining that someone else made a Doom 64 styled Revenant. I didn't say that you don't have to make your own. You think i'm a fanboy just because I said that someone else made one? You really need to calm down, i'm sorry about the post.

Edited by The-Heretic-Assassin

10 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

There's a Doom 64 styled Revenant sprite made. Not sure it's complete to be used though.

Are you referring to @DrPyspy 's in progress Revenant?

While you're here, Nevander, I've been meaning to ask. Once there are good chaingunner sprites, do you think you'll put them in your version of the Outcast Levels in places where the original had red-clothed zombiemen that were meant to be chaingunners?

57 minutes ago, Nevander said:

Are you referring to @DrPyspy 's in progress Revenant?

Yes, and it's so awesome. :D

Gerardo's is nice too. :)

1 hour ago, SiFi270 said:

While you're here, Nevander, I've been meaning to ask. Once there are good chaingunner sprites, do you think you'll put them in your version of the Outcast Levels in places where the original had red-clothed zombiemen that were meant to be chaingunners?

Possibly, not sure about the other monsters though unique to the Abs TC.

15 hours ago, The-Heretic-Assassin said:

That's not what I mean. I made a little mistake not saying it properly, was just explaining that someone else made a Doom 64 styled Revenant. I didn't say that you don't have to make your own. You think i'm a fanboy just because I said that someone else made one? You really need to calm down, i'm sorry about the post.

Forgive me bro, I thought you were having that kind of thoughts... You know, there are people like that... I don't have any problem if others try to recreate these missing monsters. BTW, I know I haven't showed anything but I made a new Chaingunner model that looks better than the first one; the female Arch-Vile is done now and also the Cyberdemon 2.0 (the one who uses two rocket launchers), and Harbinger of Doom style as well, I also wanna to add more monsters that I have in mind. Now I have to finish the last missing Doom64 monster: the Cerberus.

Thank you, can't wait to do the Hellhound and adding more monsters to this. I'm thinking of adding the Sawcubus from Doom 2 RPG, it's just an idea.

These all look great, especially the female/summoner character and the spider. However, and I hate to nitpick, I think the revenant still needs better proportions. Long arms and short legs don't seem to work as well as an overall lanky frame with roughly human proportions.

I love it, but the heavy weapon dude could use a few changes:

• Larger green ammo pouches
  • Hand more proportional

I like the small almost assault rifle like shape of the chaingun, fits it's power level well.

Are you planning to make a new sprite for the former humans so the assault rifle/shotgunner guys don't like so similar?

Woah.

I mean, woah.

My favourite is the female arch vile, I think you nailed that design. The other guys could have maybe a bit short legs, but I think that's the doom64 style. Didn't play it but looked up some images and I think they will fit nicely. All monsters there don't look like they have long legs. 

Maybe, just maybe, the chaingunner calves need to be a bit more bulky, since looks like he skipped leg day. He has a massive torso but quite skinny legs from the knee down.