Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gerardo194

Resurrecting the missing Doom64 monsters. ("missing" weapon animations done)

@Ex Oblivione thanks for your appreciation, my friend. I just need to adjust some things, capture frames, and convert them into sprites.

@Rifle Infantry I like your idea about adding larger armor pouches to him. It would add a different touch to him. Besides he is wearing a backpack full of bullets. About the hand, of course I can make it more proportional.

@Kaos thank you very much. I'm gonna make those calves bulkier. You are right about that. That's very easy to do, haha.

@GoatLord I guess you are right about Revenant's proportions, I've been noticing this as well. As @Kapanyo mentioned before, do the legs need lengthening? I think you both are right. But, do the arms must look shorter as well? Give me an opinion of what to do here, please. The only thing I can't do is @Solmyr suggestion about the pelvis, It's too late for that now, I didn't know that I was doing back then. I'm sorry for disappointing you guys :(... About the former humans, what changes do you wanna see for them? 

Edited by Gerardo194

Damn, this Cyberdemon from N64 poster. BRUTAL

Mastermind looks really cool

BTW, the chaingunguy is cyber-chaingunner? xD

After examining the original revenant sprite, I can see that it's got long arms too, so I understand where you're coming from. However, making them just a bit shorter, along with less broad shoulders, ought to even out the proportions. 

As for the former humans, the "zombieman" could look similar but have a clearly different weapon, slightly diffferent face, maybe look less armored and imposing. Doesn't have to be a drastic change in design, but something more than the Doom 64 original which is just a palette swap.

IMG_7453.PNG

IMG_7454.JPG

IMG_7455.PNG

i love your work and how greatly you caught the n64 spirit. mastermind reminds me of the one from doom: eternal trailer.

@Gerardo194

Doom 64 has the theme of duality.

The chainsaw has two sawblades, the Arachnotron has two plasma guns that fire simultaneously, the cut Cyberedemon design wielding dual rocket launchers etc.

Do you plan on having the Revenant firing both shoulder mounted rocket launchers at the same time?

On 8/9/2018 at 11:13 AM, Gerardo194 said:

hey guys, here a bring you more pics about the progression of this project. It's almost done!! Now I added two more monsters to the project. here they are:

Arch Vile (it needs to be painted again XD).

Reveal hidden contents

9l4cxg41c952l12zg.jpg

Heavy Weapon Dude (new model):

Reveal hidden contents

ecy5w3esjpo50kxzg.jpg

Revenant:

Reveal hidden contents

bx9mooft351p6ywzg.jpg

Spider Mastermind:

Reveal hidden contents

cerg14ycc3cqtwpzg.jpg

The snakes of the brain are fatter now, as @Empyre suggested and added her a pair of arms, good suggestion from @NightmareMan I'm planning of a secondary attack for Spiderdemon.

Female Arch Vile (Summoner or whatever you call her, give suggestions please) She needs color, of course!

Reveal hidden contents

gn80ha0dqtwd4xnzg.jpg

and.. Cyberdemon 2.0:

Reveal hidden contents

3fgokwz4xnj9knwzg.jpg

more coming soon :)

Arch Vile looks awesome!

Heavy Weapons Dude looks awesome! I agree the calves need to be more bulky, the larger ammo pouches are a good idea.

Revenant looks awesome! except I agree the proportions need evened out a bit.

Spider mastermind looks awesome!

Female Arch Vile looks awesome!

Cyberdemon 2.0 looks awesome!

EDIT: Also, what program are you using to make these? I'm curious.

1 hour ago, Ex Oblivione said:

@Gerardo194

Doom 64 has the theme of duality.

The chainsaw has two sawblades, the Arachnotron has two plasma guns that fire simultaneously, the cut Cyberedemon design wielding dual rocket launchers etc.

Pain Elemental belches two Lost Souls.

Thanks everyone!! 

@V0idH0und I use Blender to make these models. I've learnt much from it.

@DeXiaZ no, he's not a cyber a chain gunner, it's just his hand inside the chaingun. But your idea sounds cool.

@Ex Oblivione the Revenant is gonna fire both rockets at the same time. Do they need to be slow like PSXDoom or fast like Doom64? BTW, nice profile pic.

@GoatLord I'm considering your suggestion about the Zombieman. He might gonna has right-handed gun firing.

6 minutes ago, Gerardo194 said:

@Ex Oblivione the Revenant is gonna fire both rockets at the same time. Do they need to be slow like PSXDoom or fast like Doom64? BTW, nice profile pic.

Hmm... Maybe somewhere in-between? not fast, but not slow.

@Ex Oblivione that gibbon skeleton is awesome. It also reminds me of my Doom64 Revenant, heheh!

But now, here I bring more progress to this project almost finished. here they are:

Cyberdemon 2.0 and "Harbinger of Doom":

Spoiler

s7pg05o3s55x7atzg.jpg

Hell-hound:

Spoiler

dxay1qvil97r921zg.jpg

Female Arch Vile/Summoner:

Spoiler

eya1e6r4rd30698zg.jpg

Spoiler

jjjv567jxodgds9zg.jpg

and... Icon of Sin:

Spoiler

afikp3ht81ty8mjzg.jpg

Hope you have liked them. It has took a while but this is almost finished. I'm going to add more monsters later, to create more variety. 

I canged Arch Vile's color similar to his head like the last picture; Heavy weapon Dude's Calves are bulkier now, looking more strong as suggested; Revenant's proportions were adjusted a little.

So guys, suggestion are welcome but, Do you think that the Icon of Sin needs a body, if he does,what could it be??

Edited by Gerardo194

Holy shit, nice work! glad this thread got bumped so I could see your work.

1 hour ago, Gerardo194 said:

So guys, suggestion are welcome but, Do you think that the Icon of Sin needs a body, if he does,what could it be??

It could be like the one from Brutal Doom 2.

doom_screenshot_by_desterfawgrold-d6jrni

It could be like the one from Brutal Doom 2.

Hmmm maybe, not bad idea but that thing looks taken from an anime to me, heheh!

Maybe creating something similar to this because it's not far away from VIOS from Doom2 RPG. Could he use some wings???

You could also make it strike a resemblance to, lets say, Destroyah from the Godzilla franchise.

image.png.255cc47d6c2599c5c4532aebea7a7d82.png

I always thought he would fit perfectly in a Doom game. He really does look like the Devil of all Kaiju.

Wow, that monster looks badass! I like it.

I could create a rotten/deteriorated human-like body with bat wings and goat legs like Barons. Sounds good???

4 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

Wow, that monster looks badass! I like it.

I could create a rotten/deteriorated human-like body with bat wings and goat legs like Barons. Sounds good???

Definitely.

16 hours ago, TakenStew22 said:

Definitely.

Alright! I will be making some desing sketches about his body. I think it will be hard to do but I will try it!

I wanted to ask, could it be possible to design a bigger monster very similar to the Doom 64 Cyberdemon? I will eventually want a sprite set of a monster resembling the "Titan" from DOOM 2016 and a supersize modified Cyberdemon sounds about right. I'm picturing something very similar to the Harbinger but maybe dark brown skin and twice as big.

Sure! I can design something like that for you @Nevander but I have some doubts now... Which Titan are you referring to?

This fallen "Titan" from Titan's realm... Or:

Bkb.bimage.jpg

This another Titan, the Cyberdemon?:

latest?cb=20160624011200

Why this doubt? Because I consider that Cyberdemon is the Titan that Doomguy fought in the Third Age, Doomguy was able to rip his arm and foot off and all the shadow dwellers were defeated. Now, in the Fourth Age, Baalgar Demon, the Titan was found and collected but later reconstructed by the UAC, now the Cyberdemon is ready for a rematch.

But, there are people I've seen in both Spanish and English forums that think that the giant, rotten and fallen "titan" is the actual Titan.

At the end, whichever you consider the Titan, I can design it for you, including some elements you need for the Retribution Episode.

I'd say the giant skull is the Titan's skull. So it can just be an approximate size with the same horn shape and rough face design. It obviously doesn't need to be identical since classic Doom and Doom 64's scale and detail is much less expanse.

Then @Nevander, I'm going to be designing the Titan as well. Must he have rocket launchers or cyber-limbs? 

On 9/19/2018 at 12:06 PM, EtherBot said:

You're doing the devils work, my man.

Thank you, my friend! :)