Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gerardo194

Resurrecting the missing Doom64 monsters. ("missing" weapon animations done)

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

Wouldn’t the chaingunner just function the way he does in Doom 2?

It would... if that's what you wanted. The old Absolution TC made them fire in bursts if I remember right, and as Boondorl suggests. When I add them to Retribution I will probably do that.

12 hours ago, Boondorl said:

I imagine Revenants would be identical outside of firing from their shoulders and having a proper hitbox (in that case, would they fire two rockets?).

That would make for an interesting animation if they fire a burst of two rockets, one shoulder getting thrown back by the recoil before the other.

We're getting really close to getting the version of Doom 64 that could have been! I think that this could be paired with a community mapping project intended to re-interpret the original levels with more pizzazz, plus the new enemies.

On 5/25/2019 at 1:55 AM, Erick194 said:

V2 =)

0ijg7pqkq90ksx0zg.jpg

34ezmdcz1364pf8zg.jpg

Will V3 have some sort of down sampling applied? It looks a little clear to pass off as a Doom64 sprite. You got the 3D technique in the bag but remember, this has got to at least fit on an N64 cart! (Just kidding about the cart, but it doesn't look as blurred as the base sprites.)

That's all down to whether he's maintaining the resolution scale of the originals. For reference, they're something like 150% of the size of the Doom 1/2 sprites.

10 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

That's all down to whether he's maintaining the resolution scale of the originals. For reference, they're something like 150% of the size of the Doom 1/2 sprites.

My bad then, maybe I was thrown off by the contrast between the two being side by side.

the v2 looks absolutely fantastic, excited to see the other monsters ingame!

I love the new version but the legs could be a bit brighter, to match the Arachnatron color better.

On 5/30/2019 at 4:52 AM, DooM_RO said:

I love the new version but the legs could be a bit brighter, to match the Arachnatron color better.

I think it's good thing they look a bit different. Makes the Mastermind special.

On 5/21/2019 at 4:56 PM, Erick194 said:

modifiable you say does it run custom wads????

Cuzz I want to play Brutal Doom 64 Proyect Nightmare with;The Absolution,Outcast,Redemption denied and The Reckoning 

Brutal Doom 64 doesn't let me

I also want to add the Arch-vile and a Cyber Demon with Spider Legs

On 5/1/2019 at 10:00 PM, Gerardo194 said:

Iconus.png.181b61117debdddf241942e252c4e0b5.pngThe Icon of Sin, still working on it...planned for a Doom64 sequel.

I'm gonna release the four missing Doom64 monsters very soon as they were the original project.

There will also be new monsters packs in the future.

oh wow, that looks awesome. Looks like some of cyber and baron mix.

But wait, does that mean that Icon of Sin is just another huge, supreme giant, just insanely enormous, oversized imp?

3 hours ago, EtherBot said:

How has progress been on this so far? What we've seen so far looks very promising!

Very very soon, I'm free for now. The four missing ones are done, now I have to edit them for the game.

3 hours ago, MaxRideWizardLord said:

oh wow, that looks awesome. Looks like some of cyber and baron mix.

But wait, does that mean that Icon of Sin is just another huge, supreme giant, just insanely enormous, oversized imp?

Yeah, something like that... There will be a battle plan to face the icon of Sin

Hype! I know some people find 3D renders a bit smooth in hi-res. I have noticed that filter forge (for photoshop and stand-alone) has these shaped noise filters which I have used to grain up some neural-upscaled sprites. If you want me to test it out on any 3D renders let me know and I will give it a shot!

On 9/1/2019 at 9:24 AM, MaxRideWizardLord said:

does that mean that Icon of Sin is just another huge, supreme giant, just insanely enormous, oversized imp?

It means that imps are tiny icons of sin.

Just in case, if Eternal turns out to have an Icon of Sin with a body, would that have any impact on this project?

Same question for the Titan.

The designs you have are still great, though.

Thank you @whatup876. I don't know exactly what kind of impact it could be. Both Titan and Cyber Titan have their frames finished, mean while the Icon of Sin have a battle plan divided in three parts (planned much before the fake Doom Eternal leak)

Actually I hope Eternal has an Icon of Sin with a body.

On dimanche 1 septembre 2019 at 4:24 PM, MaxRideWizardLord said:

Yes, it's true, it's finally revealed after all this time: the Icon of Sin is merely the head the Great God Imp.

2 hours ago, Gez said:

Yes, it's true, it's finally revealed after all this time: the Icon of Sin is merely the head the Great God Imp.

Gonna circle-strafe him to death, always works on big imps like cyberdemon.

On 5/26/2019 at 1:55 AM, Doomkid said:

Wouldn’t the chaingunner just function the way he does in Doom 2?

He's gonna fire just like Doom 2 but using the PSXDoom code. He is not going to fire in bursts, he would need two chainguns for that!. These are also designed for Pwad purposes if someone wants to play any Iwad with Doom64 sprites.

Thanks!! I hope people is hyped too... To be honest, this has taken a while...

Let's not forget that only the original missing monsters will be released...

Damn.
Just.. Damn.
You made them look like they truly belong in the game (like they were never left out).
So when you release them, is it going to be formatted under like other monster wads or for 64EX, etc? 

39 minutes ago, Mithral_Demon said:

So when you release them, is it going to be formatted under like other monster wads or for 64EX, etc? 

Yes!! For GZDoom, Vanilla and possibly EX if @Kaiser allows it in the future...

@Doomkid has a vanilla mod that turns mosters sprites into Doom 64. That's why I had to made the SS trooper. There's also mods for GZDoom that includes Doom 64 decorate but you know... the monsters are incomplete.

This was done for that purpose and also for the unofficial Doom64 sequel I'll work on, where the actual four missing and new ones will turn up... no more details to be revealed, hehehe.

For the official Doom64 re-release is just a dream... that will not happen for sure.