Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gerardo194

Resurrecting the missing Doom64 monsters. ("missing" weapon animations done)

On 7/8/2020 at 3:14 AM, Gerardo194 said:

You'd better Blaze through this one. 

IMG_20200707_191410.jpg

The chains look weird, as if you just stretched circular rings, instead of proper build chain rings.

@cybdmn, I would disagree. This is the DOOM 64 version of Keen. It isn't supposed to look like the original keen, it's supposed to look like a darker, grittier Keen. Using the noose is freaky, but a chain is freakier. 

image.png.c34d5d2bbca6fc306c84860103a99df0.png 

I'm gonna ask a stupid question... Why do you think this is exciting? I'd like to know 

Edited by Gerardo194

15 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

I'm gonna ask a stupid question... Why do you think this is exciting? I'd like to know 

It's like discovering a long lost treasure from an alternate timeline.

Exploring cut content/concepts and making them a reality is always neat.

There's more to be said, but still.

And not only is it an exploration on cut stuff, but also 64's art style and more Doom in general.

What about missing weapon animations? I actually believe they are not missing but the shotguns plasma gun animations were based off Quake but I am thinking making them. 

@scalliano does that imply I can't make my own version of the weapon animations just because someone else made them before? Well, no worries, you can use those ones. I'm making my own version of the weapon animations :) 

Edited by Gerardo194

@ludicrous_peridot oh my bad, I forgot to add: I believe they were taken from Quake. I think so because you can compare the Doom64 and Quake shotguns, they look very similar to me. Also one of the Doom64 level designers here said that Doom64 was done completely, there were no missing stuff about maps and the game itself, that guy is @Hyde

On 8/31/2020 at 1:33 AM, cybdmn said:

The chains look weird, as if you just stretched circular rings, instead of proper build chain rings.

You're right but that chain is not going to be used, just look at the graphic, is not complete. 

I have noticed that too about the Doom 64 and Quake animations; they seem very similar in behavior. It seems like the D64 dev team was trying anything they could to save space, and I think they seen Quake, and if the animations were good enough for Quake then they were good enough for Doom 64.

8 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

@scalliano does that imply I can't make my own version of the weapon animations just because someone else made them before? Well, no worries, you can use those ones. I'm making my own version of the weapon animations :) 

Wasn't inferring that at all - just trying to help.

On 8/15/2020 at 4:58 AM, UnholyShadows said:

I hope this project finishes, hell ill even donate if i have to.

No thanks, no need of donations here to finish something. Go to donate somewhere else. 

On 9/7/2020 at 8:19 PM, Gerardo194 said:

For one its because your enemies look very close if not exactly like Doom 64's art style plus having those enemies added would really make Doom64 feel complete since we know alot of content was removed or not developed because of limited cartrage space.

Another reason is because I feel like with the missing enemies added more people would want to make Doom 64 related content.

Doom 64 is probably my most favorite Doom game even with all the missing content.

On a side note I have a Doom 64 project im working on and it would be great to have those missing enemies in it.

36 minutes ago, Gerardo194 said:

No thanks, no need of donations here to finish something. Go to donate somewhere else. 

I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off as rude or doubting your ability to finish a project, its just this is the furthest iv ever seen something like this go and I really want to see it completed.  I was merely offering to donate money as an incentive to complete it and also because I really really appreciate all the hard work you have put into this project(as well as anyone else who is working on this project).  I also realize how projects like this or of similar size or greater size can be draining to finish and sometimes the original motivation can be lost along the way.  I hope the fire for this project still burns bright in you =D

Anyways thats enough from me, I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work and Hope to see this project at the finish line!

1 hour ago, Gerardo194 said:

I don't mean to come off as rude, but are you okay? I feel like your posts lately have been a bit aggressive. I don't want you to feel bad. This is a place for all DOOM fans to have a good time. And I'd feel bad if you felt bad. 

This project is cool as hell. I only just got around to playing Doom 64 until very recently, holding some skepticism, but finding it's actually really fun, especially playing on the highest difficulty on the second run. Really looking forward to see what this will be like.

On 9/10/2020 at 12:26 PM, LiT_gam3r said:

I don't mean to come off as rude, but are you okay? I feel like your posts lately have been a bit aggressive. I don't want you to feel bad. This is a place for all DOOM fans to have a good time. And I'd feel bad if you felt bad. 

I don't feel bad, I feel good. I'm a new Gerardo194. My posts are better than before now. A new tone. 

I wonder why I had two likes on my previous post. I think I forgot to add I like making a bit aggressive posts as LiT_gam3r said. 

6 minutes ago, Gerardo194 said:

>:(

Well for my 2 cents I think this is a cool idea and the fact you are doing it at all is pretty awesome.

What is awesome? Nothing awesome here so far. 

*I have the shotguns and plasma gun animations done but will not post them here for certain comment by an user more above*

Edited by Gerardo194