Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gerardo194

Resurrecting the missing Doom64 monsters. ("missing" weapon animations done)

On 4/11/2018 at 9:12 PM, Eligos said:

Good work on the models. You did a good job of capturing that 90's 3D vibe and they look like they would fit right in with the other Demons. Also, I don't know if this has been brought up before, but someone else has been Working on a Revenant in the style of Doom 64.

DT7bXkRUMAE8p3u.jpg.e87f6d30339174ed658c83443fc5b775.jpgDT7bXkSU8AAcGEH.jpg.b4a258bf0689c11132b518ddd7306bb0.jpgDT7bXkTV4AAl8XC.jpg.b28ad2e28859d26999c90101a219dfcd.jpg

Here I think this is it. It also was in the original box art as well.

1910061_10156456866780187_3648283134884363354_n.jpg.509fed1c5fb8dea1b0208ffbe2e788fb.jpgCedS7ILWAAAzV7F.jpg.f5f7fd4a1f306c62819e1c9ef2025168.jpg

That box art is awesome.  And is that reverent available for use?

@Flesh420 I'm not sure. You're going to have to ask the Creator. I first saw this on the moddb page for Doom 64 Retribution. @Nevander might be able to get you in touch with the person who made it.

9 hours ago, Ex Oblivione said:

@Jello I totally agree with Pumpkinhead resembling the Archville!

Glad I'm not the only one. I mean, Pumpkinhead was the result of a man trying to get vengeance for his dead son, and a witch resurrects a corpse which becomes Pumpkinhead. And it came out in 1988, and it's pretty clear the folks at iD based most of Doom on 70's and 80's horror movies and metal bands. 

The movie itself is pretty enjoyable for a b-list horror movie from the late 80s; and the poem that inspired the movie leaves me pretty sure that Pumpkinhead was the inspiration for the Arch Vile.

“Keep away from Pumpkinhead,
Unless you’re tired of living,
His enemies are mostly dead,
He’s mean and unforgiving"

/excerpt

Describes the Vile perfectly. And I may be wrong... maybe someone should ask Romero.

It looks fantastic, million times better than the previous vile and very in tune with the evil style of doom 64

Hell yeah! dude, it looks great. Also, I found more photos of the Cyberdemon model from different angles if you're interested.

Spoiler

doom4.jpg.cdf981dccf7a9a6117fe93ca39490f5d.jpg

nyrSLZ3.jpg.4c996beb02596a13156191de70a0aa19.jpgdoom3.jpg.04e1e64235b126b71b58230fedb3cd6b.jpg

Thank you, thank you very much @Ex Oblivione I'm glad you liked it. Can't wait to see it, just imaging him bringing corpses back to life.

@Eligos wow, cool stuff! Of course I'm interested. This could be a new boss along the other model that @Jaxxoon R shared. Thank you very much guys!

That model supposed to be an Arch Vile makes me think about a theory I've had about the Mother Demon.

The archvile looks great, except the limbs are out of proportion. The knees are too low on the legs, and the arms are too long.

On 30/4/2018 at 10:58 AM, Empyre said:

The archvile looks great, except the limbs are out of proportion. The knees are too low on the legs, and the arms are too long.

Thanks you friend! I know that about the knees, they aren't joint yet but the arms I might be leave it like that and as @GoatLord said, the Arch Vile has weird proportions like that, you can notice his long arms in the actual model.

The Heavy Weapon Dude is gonna have his backpack in a few days!! :)

Nice work! I found the missing monsters to be sorely missing in DOOM 64, especially when played on the hardest mode (so many freakin' Barons and Hell Knights, ugh).

Thank you @amackert I also think the same. When I first played Doom 64 I was wondering where the other monsters were, but later realized they were scrapped due to memory constraints. I also felt the same with Doom 3 and Doom 2016. Btw, welcome to the forum!

Hello guys, not a big update right now but today I was "playing" to choose a base color for the Arch Vile and got this result:

Spoiler

14gild9qftzr5xazg.jpg

What do you guys think about it? Do I need to change it?.. I don't consider it good at all but I'd be glad to hear your opinions.

I've been a little busy in other stuff because just three days left to my exam and I'm studying as well.

I might be late to realize and ask, but will new sprites be drawn with the same blurring in mind as original ones or pixelated view won't make them lose their charm?

In my opinion i will add more yellow or sick like looking color. D64 is for me mostly brown color stylized and i think he will not be that good visible but this could be good for suprise attacks. but good job so far. i like it

39 minutes ago, Quadrops said:

I know, I meant, that they were drawn to look better blurred.

Well, if that Revenant is anything to go by, I think we're gold :D

Little update: HW dude is having his chaingun. By finishing his weapon, I will start with the Revenant and Spider Demon. More coming soon.

Hello folks! here's the Heavy Weapon Dude:

Spoiler

87apz7t4bs1hd5bzg.jpg

enysg2dfamqp8o7zg.jpg

r2zv55e0eum0sjzzg.jpg

As you can see, he has his backpack and chaingun but his belt of ammo, which isn't that mportant to show now, but it will get done as well. Hope you like it, can't wait to see him colored.

Why don't you try giving a bit of an angle on his legs? So it's more natural and less robotic?

@VGA I know it looks weird but I'm thinking to do that when I add the color to him. The whole model is not joint yet :)

The weirdest thing is his arms have angles.