Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gerardo194

Resurrecting the missing Doom64 monsters. ("missing" weapon animations done)

On 3/7/2020 at 2:31 PM, n64quake said:

i would be nice to see the unused unmaker in this mod :]

unmakeralpha.png

Mod?? I don't remember saying this was going to be a mod... Actually that sprite is not the real one, this one belongs to @YukiHerz

It's up to him if he want me to use it.

On 3/15/2020 at 11:20 AM, Dark Jaguar said:

Oh, a "German friendly" version of that SS officer might be worthwhile.

Ok, I'll try.

On 3/19/2020 at 11:00 PM, Angelloproduct said:

I was wondering if you we’re also adding the lost levels since they included it on the rerelease version along side with death match maps since it was midways intended version of the game

We need permission from Nightdive but specially Kaiser. I doubt Bethesda allows it. But I'll try...

On 3/23/2020 at 10:55 AM, SuperSuperHero101 said:

The only thing I'm wondering is if it's at all possible to make an updated Doom 64-ified hud

With a new Doomguy face to fit the art style

That could happen... I'll try...

10 hours ago, DoomedSpartan said:

So what’s the progress so far?Whats left to be completed ?

Sorry I’m just so excited 

The progress is good so far, I planned to release them last 20th but I changed my mind...

It means they could be arriving soon...

I can't believe people want to see this monsters. I think many have lost interest in them...

1 hour ago, Gerardo194 said:

I can't believe people want to see this monsters. I think many have lost interest in them...

That's just not possible! I for one am very excited to see the completed missing monsters. They will be valuable additions to many mods looking to have Doom 64 styled versions of them. I want to have Chaingunners, Archviles and Revenants in my Doom 64 episode and this is the most promising attempt thusfar.

5 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

The progress is good so far, I planned to release them last 20th but I changed my mind...

I'm still on board.

6 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

You kidding? I can barely wait to shove some double-bladed chainsaw up that arch-vile's ass.

I've been lurking this thread since its creation, of course I want these guys, especially for Doom 64 modding possibilities.

18 minutes ago, SuperSuperHero101 said:

TOOT TOOT

I was always curious to see Doom and Doom II gussied up with the Doom 64 monsters and effects

Like the full idea that was PSX Doom and Doom 64

I think the spritesheets created from these will be for Doom 64 ports/mods. Doom 64 uses a bigger scale than classic Doom.

12 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

Ofcourse people want to see them.These demons got cut for storage and it’s an homage to what doom 64 could’ve been at it’s full potential.

Will there be more nightmare variant demons?(like the nightmare specter from PSXDoom)

Will there be new weapons?

Will it be compatible with the re release port?

The PSX Nightmare Spectre is just a Demon with the subtractive translucency and double the health. You don't need a spritesheet for that.

In fact, I read that it was a flag that could be enabled for any monster (and the effect would be applies as well as doubling the health) ... why didn't they have a Nightmare Cyberdemon or Nightmare Revenant or something? Tsk tsk. I think PSX Doom Master Edition maps have some Nightmare monsters, right?

54 minutes ago, VGA said:

I think the spritesheets created from these will be for Doom 64 ports/mods. Doom 64 uses a bigger scale than classic Doom.

Indeed, the sprites are on average about 1.4 times larger, although for each monster it varies. Which makes it a bit tricky for me since I like to play GZDoom mods with Doom 64 assets. I have the scale of the sprites set to 0.72 to compensate, but imps and stuff sometimes clip the ceilings on certain custom maps.

2 minutes ago, Immorpher said:

Indeed, the sprites are on average about 1.4 times larger, although for each monster it varies. Which makes it a bit tricky for me since I like to play GZDoom mods with Doom 64 assets. I have the scale of the sprites set to 0.72 to compensate, but imps and stuff sometimes clip the ceilings on certain custom maps.

Give them the same height as the original monsters. I don't mean the sprite height, I mean the thing height. And radius.

If the sprite is the same height and the thing has the same height, it shouldn't clip any more than vanilla.

17 hours ago, Gerardo194 said:

Why would anyone not be excited?

I'm also excited for what you and your brother were doing with the RPG games.

I want to see the monsters. My interest in your project is just as strong as it was when you first announced it back in the day. You have all of our support, and when the time is right, you will release them. Never give up. I have complete confidence in you!

Say who? The concept of bringing back DOOM games' scrapped content into a playable form has always been a tried-and-true fascinating formula for many Doomers, including me.

Either way, I, with everybody else, hope to see the release and play it 😉

Oh cool, now we have all of the Team GEC in Doomworld! Welcome aboard, Chris!

I'd love to see a 'drop-in' replacement for the shotgun guy.  It always irked me that the pistol guy and shotty guy look pretty similar.  I never understood why the shotgun guy didn't have a different palette a la OG Doom.  I'm sure there was some technical reason as with most other limitations in D64 but, hey, it still messed with my head canon. :P

On 3/26/2020 at 2:43 AM, Gerardo194 said:

Mod?? I don't remember saying this was going to be a mod... Actually that sprite is not the real one, this one belongs to @YukiHerz

It's up to him if he want me to use it.

It's free to use! :p

Edit: Wait that's not mine, mine is blue.

6 minutes ago, DoomedSpartan said:

Will this be available for Doom 64 ex???

Doom 64 EX does not support the addition of new actors, like how GZDoom does using DECORATE.

They will be added for use in Doom 64 Retribution however (hopefully), since it's built for GZDoom and modding specifically.