Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gerardo194

Resurrecting the missing Doom64 monsters. ("missing" weapon animations done)

3 minutes ago, DoomedSpartan said:

Wasn’t Doom 64 made in the idtech 1 engine? I wonder why the re release was made in the key engine???

Because the Rerelease is based on Doom 64 EX, and Doom 64 EX was accurate enough. Plus KEX has a good reputation of porting old PC games.

The Kex engine is not a game engine, it's just a backend to handle all the rendering/audio/input/fileaccess/etc. interfaces.

Also, Doom 64 used the Doom engine (aka "idtech 1") except for one important area: rendering. No visplanes and friends; it used a custom renderer adapted to the Nintendo 64 hardware, and that's why it had all these fancy color effects and a much greater color depth.

And the same can be said of Doom 64 2020 Edition: it's still idtech 1 for game code, the renderer is made to produce the same visuals as what the original Doom 64 made on the N64 (except for higher resolution of course), and all of that runs inside a Kex shell that lets it work on PC and consoles with minimum porting efforts between platform.

It's like how the Classic Doom rereleases are still the same old Classic Doom engine, but inside a Unity shell.

1 hour ago, Vic Vos said:

Any news on this?

Why ask? Gerardo doesn't sentenced to work with this 24/7. So if he doesn't post - he have the right not to post anything.

1 hour ago, Vic Vos said:

Any news on this?

Sure!! My brothers and I are working on a special episode that takes place after Doomguy stays in Hell. 

Just a matter of time to release the full pack. 

3 hours ago, Faceman2000 said:

Super excited for this! Keep up the good work!

Any relation to the Faceball 2000 I played on the SNES? :D

11 hours ago, Immorpher said:

Any relation to the Faceball 2000 I played on the SNES? :D

No, sorry man! Just a random name I came up with years ago in middle school.

2 hours ago, Faceman2000 said:

No, sorry man! Just a random name I came up with years ago in middle school.

Check it out.

It's called MIDI Maze in some ports. It was the first FPS game I played haha.

Hi there @GoatLord, yes , this project is still in the works.

I'm working on a special episode for Doom 64 that will include all the missing demons. I've been modifying some demons aspect as well.

Would you like to help me by making a secret map for the wad?? It will be a 9 level episode for GZDoom and possibly other mods.

We use Doom 64 EX to make the maps. My brother will make the conversion for UDMF for GZDoom.

Edited by Gerardo194

Oh, under the reveal hidden comment is a Commander Keen. The IoS looks sick, though. So I guess that this is a group collaborated project, right? Your work is really amazing! on average, how long does it take to make one sprite? sorry for all the questions, it's just so interesting to look at the great works of art. I love the SS trooper on page 9! are you thinking of making a fan made Wolfenstein 64, or is that for the secret levels in the game? I would love to see a Wolfenstein 64 (although I'm not sure about others :D)

Thanks. I know there was a Keen there. I'm still working on his model since months ago. 

This is not a group collaborated project.

It's a GEC project. All of the resources will be released. 

It takes me hours or days to finish a character and making it into a sprite takes its time as well. 

I'm glad you liked the SS but at this time there's no Wolfenstein projects so far. 

There was one years ago but we scrapped it. 

is Romero's head in here? I wonder what he looks like in DOOM 64?

So this is my first time on this thread but quick question.. Will you think about adding the cut laser rifle/flamethrower weapon seen in a cut of a magazine advertising d64?

what's going on with the project? I haven't heard about it in a month. Was it cancelled? 

2 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

what's going on with the project? I haven't heard about it in a month. Was it cancelled? 

The team is still busy, with Erick currently reverse-engineering the original DOOM 64. Patience.

I hope this project finishes, hell ill even donate if i have to. it's got me very excited and i'm sure its got many others excited too.  This project is exactly what we need!

On 5/23/2020 at 3:00 PM, Gerardo194 said:

@Deⓧiaz's "Sodom and Gomorrah" and "Fusion of Realities" are waiting for this guy 

IMG_20200518_143854.jpg

I've recorded a video with this monster:

49 minutes ago, Deⓧiaz said:

<Cool Video>

it seems like they are reskins of the Mancubus. Do their rockets explode like the cybie? I don't mean to be rude or anything, I was wondering if it's got a new attack, if it doesn't, it's still cool. Sorry if it seems like I was being rude.

1 hour ago, LiT_gam3r said:

it seems like they are reskins of the Mancubus

It's a test with D64 EX. It doesn't allow to create custom monsters like in ZDoom.