Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gerardo194

Resurrecting the missing Doom64 monsters. ("missing" weapon animations done)

As I said, i don't know anything about Overwatch, but I'm loving Widowmaker's design now. I can't believe this happened. Actually her helmets are different but they share a similar color and red eyes/lights. Also share a similar skin color and sexy look. This still supports my theory, or many other's theory: what you create, other had created it before, and what you have created, other will create it in the future. Somehow, our thoughts are connected.

If so, having a Doom Marine coming out of a sarcophagus is an idea that my yougest brother came up long before Doom 2016 were released. It was going to be for a Doom64 sequel we are still planning, but we felt we had to scrap this idea totally because Id Software did it first.

I'm not so sure if this too much to ask for but what about "NSFW" versions of the Summoner and Widowmaker as in entirely naked like the rest of the Demons with visible nipples?

Maybe even a Succubus, Lamia/Naga enemy like in Diablo?

On 3/2/2019 at 4:30 PM, Jannak said:

I'm not so sure if this too much to ask for but what about "NSFW" versions of the Summoner and Widowmaker as in entirely naked like the rest of the Demons with visible nipples?

Maybe even a Succubus, Lamia/Naga enemy like in Diablo?

Wow, never thought someone wanted to see something like this! I could do it but I want to leave as Gregor Punchatz designed her. Do you mind if we could take this idea for new female Demons??

Guys, I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but what are those AMAZING new enemy models being made for? Is it a mod or something? I would absolutely love to see them on Doom 64 Retribution. :v

I like to think that Doom 64 is canon and, as a sequel, it should mostly improve over the previous games, adding stuff instead of removing. Doom 64 is a great game and I wonder what it could've been if it didn't have all those limitations.

That's why I like mods that go in that direction, like Retribution, that has some of those improvements. The only thing missing in that, in my opinion, are the monsters.

So naturally I lost my shit when I saw those models

Like holy shit I want to shove some bullets into that arch-vile so bad

Following this! I much prefer playing with Doom 64 monsters and sounds in WADs, but it has been tricky. Like Brutal Doom 64 (and Project Nightmare), which has additional monsters, doesn't work well with Eviternity. And there's another mod out there, but it uses the mother demon for the arch vile and it seems to make the arch vile way too large. So with all of the work here, it looks very promising!

Had to register to say this project is awesome!  I can't wait to play DOOM 64 again with the restored monsters.  I know Brutal Doom 64 has restored monsters like revenants, but they look terrible.  This project would be awesome for fixing that up!

Joining the choir here. You are doing an impressive work!

How big is your Icon of Sin going to be? I imagine you have a limit here.

7 hours ago, Kira said:

How big is your Icon of Sin going to be?

Terribly big! Even bigger than the Titan Demon here. The battle against it has already been planned nut coming for the Doom 64 sequel we will be making. 

The four missing monsters (Revenant, Arch Vile, Spiderdemon and Chaingunner) are going to be released very soon. It's just a matter of time, stay alert! :) Thank you very much, guys!

How difficult would it be to create a ROM containing the new content, for use in Doom Builder 64 or an updated version of it?

36 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

How difficult would it be to create a ROM containing the new content, for use in Doom Builder 64 or an updated version of it?

That would be cool! I also wonder if these could be use as a sprite replacer for vanilla doom wads? I used a combo of Kaiser's and Doom 64 Retribution's at the moment.

3 hours ago, Erick194 said:

Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind together again;)

(images)

Looks good, but to my eye the Mastermind looks too bright compared to everything else. 

2 hours ago, GoatLord said:

Not sure I follow... Doom Builder 64 does not use ROMs. If you mean in a WAD and use them as new monsters in Doom 64 EX, then I think it's possible. If not, it could be made possible I'm sure.

Awesome work but the highlighted areas could use just a bit of detail.

Screenshot_Doom_20190521_174501.png.fc3d4483a875aec006888fd766388e21.png

18 hours ago, Erick194 said:

Cyberdemon and Spider Mastermind together again;)

That's fucking awesome!! I can't wait to see what else you guys come up with!

I gotta agree with @Nevander though, that the spider is too bright. It might even be fixable on the sprites themselves instead of rendering every frame again, but I'd reduce the highlights and the whites to reduce how bright the head is, and I'd reduce the gamma just a liiiiiittle bit to bring it down to the brightness level of the rest of the sprites. The art style is spot on and I love the art direction you guys went with! I see lots of potential here! Keep the good work!

That's awesome! However, the metallic parts could use some texture detail. If you look at the mechanic legs of the cybie, it has some, if blurry, dirt/rust texture on it.

Is there a new mapset planned to take advantage of the new enemies?

A fan made Doom 64 sequel would be something I'd be all over.

Yeah. And I don't know if I was clear earlier, but a Doom 64 ROM is needed in order to play Doom 64 EX content. So if someone altered the ROM so that D64EX's wad generator can read it, we could (possibly?) use the new content. But I don't know if that can be done with the current version of Doom 64 Builder and the current version of EX.

On 5/1/2019 at 3:00 PM, Gerardo194 said:

Iconus.png.181b61117debdddf241942e252c4e0b5.png

The Icon of Sin, still working on it...planned for a Doom64 sequel.

I'm gonna release the four missing Doom64 monsters very soon as they were the original project.

There will also be new monsters packs in the future.

image.png.545d2466c94101c255b8f625180db747.png

Ahh that's hot!

Jokes aside, thank you very much for doing such a passionate work with an incredible quality combining an amazingly performed creative design and a perfect conservation of the original Doom 64 style. 

You are a total legend!

On 5/22/2019 at 4:30 PM, wheresthebeef said:

I did, but no one was really into it.  I have been quiet about it, waiting for this project to be done so I can comb over all the levels and add in more "new" content.

Edit:  also holy fuck, that mastermind looks terrific now.

Edited by Antnee

Muuuch better. Looks like a true long lost Mastermind. Looking forward to the rest so I can add them to my TC!

@wheresthebeef

Yes. I have one that's been in the works since 2017. But I need resources such as these to really do it right.

Now, for the real question: how would the original missing enemies be balanced in Doom 64? I imagine the Chaingunner and Mastermind would fire in bursts similar to the Arachnotron. Would the Arch-vile be the same? It seems the Motherdemon's fire attack is modeled after it and she's even called the Resurrector internally suggesting maybe she was gonna be an Arch-vile type monster. I imagine Revenants would be identical outside of firing from their shoulders and having a proper hitbox (in that case, would they fire two rockets?).

40 minutes ago, Boondorl said:

Now, for the real question: how would the original missing enemies be balanced in Doom 64? I imagine the Chaingunner and Mastermind would fire in bursts similar to the Arachnotron. Would the Arch-vile be the same? It seems the Motherdemon's fire attack is modeled after it and she's even called the Resurrector internally suggesting maybe she was gonna be an Arch-vile type monster. I imagine Revenants would be identical outside of firing from their shoulders and having a proper hitbox (in that case, would they fire two rockets?).

The mother demon stuff makes sense as a lot of D64 sprite replacement packs use her as the arch vile replacement.