Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arl

PBR and Parallax maps for vanilla Doom Textures.

Awesome. This is getting really good.

I have a question though. How do you make projectiles cast light like in those pictures?

3 hours ago, TasAcri said:

Awesome. This is getting really good.

I have a question though. How do you make projectiles cast light like in those pictures?

Thanks!

Go to options and to the search section, write dynamic light, enable hardware/software. I also have the rest ON.

2 hours ago, Arl said:

Thanks!

Go to options and to the search section, write dynamic light, enable hardware/software. I also have the rest ON.

I do have the dynamic lighting options ON. Yet, traveling projectiles do not cast lights.

Does this still need a separate parallax shader? And if so, wouldn't the GLDEFS from the other shader interfere with this one?

On 10/29/2022 at 6:41 PM, TasAcri said:

I do have the dynamic lighting options ON. Yet, traveling projectiles do not cast lights.

You must also load the lights.pk3 archive that comes with gzdoom.

1 hour ago, BerserkerNoir said:

You must also load the lights.pk3 archive that comes with gzdoom.

Thanks, that works

Edited by TasAcri

Forgot to post here a video I made about it:

Also, since this has download link and all, could it be that this thread be placed in Wad & Mods instead of WAD Discussion sub forum? Is there any place where I should formally make a petition for that?

14 minutes ago, Arl said:

Also, since this has download link and all, could it be that this thread be placed in Wad & Mods instead of WAD Discussion sub forum? Is there any place where I should formally make a petition for that?

You can report your own post and request it to be moved. The mods will take it away as soon as they can.

On 2/20/2023 at 1:01 PM, Z50 said:

You can report your own post and request it to be moved. The mods will take it away as soon as they can.

That did it, thank you and thanks to whoever did it. 

This is so cool looking it's insane. I've never actually liked the highres textures for Doom and am extremely happy you chose to stick with the pixel look for this project. I hope you see it through to it's completion because what you've done so far is amazing. Great work.

On 10/31/2022 at 10:53 PM, NightFright said:

Does this still need a separate parallax shader? And if so, wouldn't the GLDEFS from the other shader interfere with this one?

Works fine without. The alternate shader by Darkcrafter looks much better without texture filtering though, but also looks weird with certain textures.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gPNltVIhMQKRlvN02-0eujojfks1EIkT/view

gzdoom 2023-04-22 03-10-54.png

Damn, how I kept missing this for 5 years...? I tried version 0.4 in GZdoom 4.10.0 and during startup, I get about 100 errors like this:

Roughness texture 'materials/roughness/BRNPOIS2.png' not found in texture 'BRNPOIS2'

Metallic texture 'materials/metallic/BROVINE2.png' not found in texture 'BROVINE2'

Specular texture 'materials/specular/SW1BRN1.png' not found in texture 'SW1BRN1'

Ambient occlusion texture 'materials/ao/flat17.png' not found in texture 'FLAT17'

Is that because the mod is not finished yet? The shaders do work on some surfaces, although the end result is nowhere as impressive as in the OP.

Oh man, I got here after years to see what's up and this looks stunning!

Many thanks for sharing this with the community, it is incredible how this game with some (hard) work can look that good.

Word from the wise.

This runs independently from the Parallax shader in the ZDoom Forums.

Edited by Untamed64

Did the Relighting project got abandoned?

Last few posts from the author teased shadows like this:

duale1m5.gif.b2c3e7428389868fa894150bfd4d40b7.gif

Author's last post 7 months ago was "Should post tomorrow"

I'm confused with the requirements of this project. You link a different parallax mod that is different than yours. They don't work together, i can only enable one of the two with different results (the other one is less shiny).

Edited by TasAcri

On 6/21/2023 at 6:05 PM, TasAcri said:

I'm confused with the requirements of this project. You link a different parallax mod that is different than yours. They don't work together, i can only enable one of the two with different results (the other one is less shiny).

On 6/21/2023 at 10:32 AM, Untamed64 said:

Word from the wise.

This runs independently from the Parallax shader in the ZDoom Forums.

In other words, the first one you get from the OP of this thread is the one you use

Any plans to add Brightmap compatibility?
Seems like the only way to make them compatible is adding the brightmap definition into GLDEFS along with The Materials.
Any Brightmaps defined in any other lump, wont work.

29 minutes ago, Chang O'Brian said:

Showcasing some WADs that make this mod pop.

Wait, how?

These maps have custom textures in them, does the mod take into account those too? I thought it only works with the specific textures inside the mod's archive, mostly textures from DOOM 1 and 2.

I tried in Eviternity and it doesn't work.

6 hours ago, TasAcri said:

Wait, how?

These maps have custom textures in them, does the mod take into account those too? I thought it only works with the specific textures inside the mod's archive, mostly textures from DOOM 1 and 2.

I tried in Eviternity and it doesn't work.

I think you figured it out, only Wads using stock textures.

1 hour ago, Chang O'Brian said:

I think you figured it out, only Wads using stock textures.

But some of the textures in your photos aren't stock.

Like this floor:

8 hours ago, Chang O'Brian said:

image.png.ac16294bb0f086aac3a0025a96a44eb7.png

image.png.fa498af0c10f7398b5c1a2fe3a7f55ea.png

1 hour ago, TasAcri said:

Like this floor:

These are the only custom textures in Zero Brightness pk3:

TEACUP.png

SKY9.png

On 7/16/2023 at 1:42 PM, TasAcri said:

Like this floor:

That's FLOOR4_6.