Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arl

PBR for Original Doom Textures

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, One Doomed Bunny said:

 

Drag and drop the doomnormals pk3 file onto GZDoom application and enable lights to see the effect.

Still looks the same.
 

Capture.PNG

xNSoM5Z.png

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Crackers0106 said:

Still looks the same.
 

Capture.PNG

xNSoM5Z.png

Actually nvm, I figured it out by editing the .pk3 to use the downloaded materials folder's textures. You can only really tell if theres a dynamic light, but im wondering how to get the same affect as in the original image.

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Crackers0106 said:

You can only really tell if theres a dynamic light

Yes. The entire point of PBR is to have textures react realistically to light sources. If you don't have a light source, your textures have nothing to react to.

 

Doom's original lighting method does not have light sources: sectors have an ambient light level and that's all. No sourcing for that ambient light.

 

1 hour ago, Crackers0106 said:

im wondering how to get the same affect as in the original image.

The map was edited to add point lights on the ceiling, at the position of the lamps on the ceiling texture.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Gez said:

Yes. The entire point of PBR is to have textures react realistically to light sources. If you don't have a light source, your textures have nothing to react to.

 

Doom's original lighting method does not have light sources: sectors have an ambient light level and that's all. No sourcing for that ambient light.

 

The map was edited to add point lights on the ceiling, at the position of the lamps on the ceiling texture.

I also noticed that there is no roughness or ao in the text file inside the pk3.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×