Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

my doom server is comming

i should have the parts soon for the server. first i need to get my DSL line and to do that i need a job for the cash so i have decided to finish geting my A+ certification. I know most of what i need to but can anyone give me a site to help me study before the test

Yeah, make sure the DSL you're buying allows you to run a server over their service.

they should because they dont set up my system. i pay the monthly fee and get to set it up my self. I should be able to run the server. also i need the cash to pay for the dsl line, about $30 a month. so i am takeing the A+ test, i need some study materail to prepare. i know most of what i should need but there are some gray areas. if any of u can help out i would be greatful.

It doesn't matter how they set you up, their server could simply not allow it. I found out with the cable company that my IP is only valid on their network. If anybody else on the internet tried to ping me, it wouldn't work because I only exist in their domain. That's the way a lot of the high-speed providers work, so make sure setting up a server is a possibility with them before ordering the service.

i have just checked and yes they do alow servers, i orignaly wanted road runner but they dont allow servers and they cost too much