Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RockHardGamer 45

PSX DOOM Fall of Triton (Update and New Campaign WIP)

Recommended Posts

Wow, this is so in the style of the PSX days. This looks fun.

Share this post


Link to post

Those screenshots looks great. looks like fun and cool psx styled maps. Can't wait to play this

Share this post


Link to post

o_o! Wasn't...expecting this. Really loving the improved lightning and design from the screenshots. Keep at it! Looking forward for this!

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Very impressive. PSX Doom and D64 are my favorite iterations of Doom these days, so this is right up my alley!

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/11/2018 at 11:07 AM, RockHardGamer 45 said:

qzdoom 2018-04-11 16-05-55-37.jpg

I've one question. Given the room's lightning, I think those doors stick out too much. Will you blend it better into the environment or was that intentional?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I am currently playing through your original release and have finished about 13-15 levels so far I think. Some thoughts so far:

 

Pros:

 

-Almost never get lost. This is a pretty big plus in favor of this wad because it's rare of a wad to never make me get lost in the levels. So kudos on that.

-Reasonably competent level layouts

 

Cons:

 

-Not enough height variation

-Levels feel too similar and often seem like they share the same layouts as earlier ones

-Encounter design is too samey. Simply putting a large number of enemies in front of the player doesn't make them harder to fight

 

Overall I would say this is a solid effort with a large amount of room to improve.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

-Not enough height variation

-Levels feel too similar and often seem like they share the same layouts as earlier ones

-Encounter design is too samey. Simply putting a large number of enemies in front of the player doesn't make them harder to fight

I'm pretty sure that was how the original PSX Doom was like; the reduced height variation, same level designs (mostly due to texture choices), and monster encounters.

 

If anything, rockhardgamer45 knows how to emulate PSX doom very well; Yikesdude754 also on his youtube channel.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Having a ton of fun with this so far. Been running through a little every night, taking my time and really enjoying myself. Brings me back to my high school nights of sitting in my bedroom stoned and playing Doom psx tripping out on the music and darker tone for the first time :'D Ahh, good times...

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/14/2018 at 3:20 PM, Nrg01 said:

I've one question. Given the room's lightning, I think those doors stick out too much. Will you blend it better into the environment or was that intentional?

 

I have just fixed that(;

All 11 new maps are now made just needing their final touches.

I can then start working on the remaining Fall of Triton Maps.

Share this post


Link to post
On 14/04/2018 at 10:50 PM, hardcore_gamer said:

I am currently playing through your original release and have finished about 13-15 levels so far I think. Some thoughts so far:

 

Pros:

 

-Almost never get lost. This is a pretty big plus in favor of this wad because it's rare of a wad to never make me get lost in the levels. So kudos on that.

-Reasonably competent level layouts

 

Cons:

 

-Not enough height variation

-Levels feel too similar and often seem like they share the same layouts as earlier ones

-Encounter design is too samey. Simply putting a large number of enemies in front of the player doesn't make them harder to fight

 

Overall I would say this is a solid effort with a large amount of room to improve.

 

Thanks for the advice

I will look into solving these issues in the remake (:

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×