Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Isolation

PSX DOOM Fall of Triton (Update and New Campaign WIP)

A couple of months back I released the Fall of Triton megawad and I was overwhelmed from the feedback and positive reviews the wad received,So many people played the wad and gave back some very helpful feedback for the future of making maps. So I decided it is time to go in and try to improve the wad as much as possible.

Changes in progress so far:

- Wad Size reduced (The wad has been reduced in size significantly. Thanks to everybody who helped and pointed it out!)

- New 11 Map Bonus Campaign (10 new maps and a secret level have been added to the wad. The episode will be on Earth, Screenshots below!)

- Updated Maps (The old levels will be updated. This includes: New areas, secrets, size reduction and less flatness)

- Darker Atmosphere (This includes darker areas and dynamic lighting as well!)

- New Music (A new bonus music track has been updated for map Bonus 01, also now with some Final Doom music)

- An old friend returns (;

- Updated Psx Sprites (Also the bloody chain texture has been added!)

- Nightmare Imp improved (Now with purple fireball sprites. They also infight with imps!)

- HUD Fixed! (Now we have the updated HUD from Final Doom)

- Final Doom SSG (Super Shotgun is now the Final Doom version)

- Nightmare Cyberdemon will have some new sounds

New PSX DOOM mini campaign:

The new mini episode is called Back To Earth. The levels are going to be much shorter compared to FOT. They are still currently in development. I have made these levels with the feedback I got from FOT. I am going to continue to update the levels as much as possible to I think they are ready to be released.

Fall of Triton - Nightmare Edition (Release date):

Currently, the update is still in early development. I want to spend a lot of time working so I can improve the wad as much as possible! I will post more information and updates later.

*UPDATE*

Final Doom SSG now fixed! (Thanks Impboy4!)

Original Release Download:

Just want to say a huge THANK YOU to everybody who played and helped with this project! 

Screenshots

qzdoom 2018-04-10 15-09-26-87.jpg

qzdoom 2018-04-10 15-09-42-00.jpg

qzdoom 2018-04-10 15-10-28-18.jpg

qzdoom 2018-04-10 15-10-43-67.jpg

qzdoom 2018-04-10 15-11-54-90.jpg

qzdoom 2018-04-11 16-03-48-38.jpg

qzdoom 2018-04-11 16-04-28-97.jpg

qzdoom 2018-04-11 16-04-40-19.jpg

qzdoom 2018-04-11 16-04-52-71.jpg

qzdoom 2018-04-11 16-05-31-86.jpg

qzdoom 2018-04-11 16-05-55-37.jpg

qzdoom 2018-04-11 16-06-38-95.jpg

qzdoom 2018-04-11 16-06-52-29.jpg

Edited by RockHardGamer 45

Those screenshots looks great. looks like fun and cool psx styled maps. Can't wait to play this

12 hours ago, scalliano said:

Damn, you work fast :O

Yeah lol (:

Just want to improve Fall of Triton as much as possible!

o_o! Wasn't...expecting this. Really loving the improved lightning and design from the screenshots. Keep at it! Looking forward for this!

On 4/11/2018 at 11:07 AM, RockHardGamer 45 said:

qzdoom 2018-04-11 16-05-55-37.jpg

I've one question. Given the room's lightning, I think those doors stick out too much. Will you blend it better into the environment or was that intentional?

I am currently playing through your original release and have finished about 13-15 levels so far I think. Some thoughts so far:

Pros:

-Almost never get lost. This is a pretty big plus in favor of this wad because it's rare of a wad to never make me get lost in the levels. So kudos on that.

-Reasonably competent level layouts

Cons:

-Not enough height variation

-Levels feel too similar and often seem like they share the same layouts as earlier ones

-Encounter design is too samey. Simply putting a large number of enemies in front of the player doesn't make them harder to fight

Overall I would say this is a solid effort with a large amount of room to improve.

25 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

-Levels feel too similar and often seem like they share the same layouts as earlier ones

-Encounter design is too samey. Simply putting a large number of enemies in front of the player doesn't make them harder to fight

I'm pretty sure that was how the original PSX Doom was like; the reduced height variation, same level designs (mostly due to texture choices), and monster encounters.

If anything, rockhardgamer45 knows how to emulate PSX doom very well; Yikesdude754 also on his youtube channel.

Having a ton of fun with this so far. Been running through a little every night, taking my time and really enjoying myself. Brings me back to my high school nights of sitting in my bedroom stoned and playing Doom psx tripping out on the music and darker tone for the first time :'D Ahh, good times...

On 4/14/2018 at 3:20 PM, Nrg01 said:

I've one question. Given the room's lightning, I think those doors stick out too much. Will you blend it better into the environment or was that intentional?

I have just fixed that(;

All 11 new maps are now made just needing their final touches.

I can then start working on the remaining Fall of Triton Maps.

On 14/04/2018 at 10:50 PM, hardcore_gamer said:

I am currently playing through your original release and have finished about 13-15 levels so far I think. Some thoughts so far:

Pros:

-Almost never get lost. This is a pretty big plus in favor of this wad because it's rare of a wad to never make me get lost in the levels. So kudos on that.

-Reasonably competent level layouts

Cons:

Overall I would say this is a solid effort with a large amount of room to improve.

Thanks for the advice

I will look into solving these issues in the remake (: