Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenMaw

Half-Life: Threshold

Half-Life: Threshold is a map pack i'm currently dabbling with. I just finished my first pass at putting a double barreled shotgun into the game. It still needs custom animations and a rework on the texture, but it functions over all at this point. :) 

Half-Life: Threshold is basically a "What if" there was another expansion pack released in the late 90s by a company like Sunstorm(Duke Carribean, Duke it out in DC,) or Raven Software(Soldier of Fortune, Star Trek Voyager Elite Force.)

I'll be posting more updates here as I progress. 

zrcBkOV.png

yCeCIER.png

S4TjoQ5.png

78gLeRE.png

mShyw6E.png

Obvh7Zv.png

Work continues on the exterior. I've also made considerable progress on the interior of the player's housing.

Cool. Looks pretty neat so far. The little interactive bits of the player's house are cute. You say you're making it as a "what-if", does that mean that it'll be the same HL1 scenario told from yet another point of view?

53 minutes ago, Pavera said:

Cool. Looks pretty neat so far. The little interactive bits of the player's house are cute. You say you're making it as a "what-if", does that mean that it'll be the same HL1 scenario told from yet another point of view?

Yes, you'll be playing a dock worker/forklift operator. You wake up roughly ten minutes before the Resonance Cascade is about to happen. Much like Freeman and Calhoun, you're late by about 40 minutes. As you're heading to work you'll cross the over-ground tram seen at the beginning of Blue Shift. You can actually peer down from the basketball court and see the tram station and tracks. You'll be waved off by a guard. All the trams are knocked out. So you'll take a longer path to get to the Sector A locking docks, which is where you'll find yourself when disaster strikes.

A couple chapters later will see you passing through the infirmary section seen in Opposing Force. (There's a section in Opposing Force right near the beginning where you see scientists carrying an injured marine on a stretcher. You can never get back there in Opposing Force. As Threshold's protagonist you'll pass through this area.  

Most of the mod will have the player ducking between surface areas and just inside the facility. Exploring the habitat and some of the support facilities that weren't really touched upon in the main game or the two official expansion packs. Some of the main areas I am looking to explore include the entire medical facility, a forge, and the main airfield. 

Another way to put it. If you think of the Black Mesa disaster like 9/11. Freeman and Barney are more or less at ground zero. Shephard's team are the 9-11 first responders, and your character in this is akin to an onlooker just down the street.