Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cooperson

How do you add a hit marker

15 hours ago, Memfis said:

What is a hit marker?

I think they mean those things that pop up around the gun crosshair in a lot of modern FPS like COD or BF when you shoot an enemy. Not sure if that is a setting you can enable on any source port I can think of, you would probably need to make a mod for it

There's blood sprites that emit where an enemy has been hit.

Modifying those sprites into a hit marker and then doing some wizardry to add a sound to it should do the trick.

7 minutes ago, Royal_Sir said:

Modifying those sprites into a hit marker and then doing some wizardry to add a sound to it should do the trick.

:o

that would actually be really easy in dehacked!!!

you just have to set blood puffs to have no gravity and make it so their first state plays a sound. if you want to hear the sound from anywhere on the map, replace the icon of sin sounds and use BossScream or whatever the icon of sin sound actions are

this means you also hear the sound when monsters infight, so alternatively, you could replace one of the ssg sounds and use the corresponding action (LoadShotgun2, CloseShotgun2, etc.). you'd then have to edit the normal ssg sound to be one long sound though (and the hitmarker sounds would have a limited range)

you might also be able to just have it play a pain sound upon spawning (i think), and set the blood puffs to use something unused as its pain sound, like DSCHGUN i think one is

but no yea that's really cool and would be insanely easy to do

MLG Doom (an addon for brutal doom) does that thing (meme) of hitmarking the monsters

On 4/15/2018 at 7:05 AM, Memfis said:

What is a hit marker?

The sideways-looking cross is a hit marker; simply denotes that you hit an enemy.image.png.83c05b355af138455320e1f78b4aaaba.png