Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Typhon

Changing the Starting Weapon

Question

Hello Peeps! I now have a new question for those of whom that want to assist. How exactly does one change the starting weapon in a DOOM wad? I'm wanting to replace the standard pistol with the iGun, presumably most commonly known from the popular (and deservingly so) 'mega wad' Winter's Fury. Although I haven't searched for info too deeply this time around, I figured my most faithful option was directly consulting the community, as most of the posts I came across were referring to Snapmap.

As always, any assistance is greatly appreciated!

-SoulGamingYT

Edited by SoulGamingYT

2 answers to this question

Okay so I don't know what editors you prefer but I'm going to show how it's done with DECORATE for Slade3.

The following decorate code is just the first segment on how I made a custom set of weapons for my TMoD Episode 1 Mod.

[The "//" Just indicates a comment I made for this post, it's not actually used in my WAD. Don't copy it fully as this is missing some other details so it may not run fully.]

ACTOR Dynamite : PlayerPawn // The Actor's name is just a name for this actor. PlayerPawn is what you NEED To inherit from!
{
  Player.WeaponSlot 1, Dagger // When the player acquires the dagger, it is placed into slot 1. [KEYCONF must still be defined!]
  Player.WeaponSlot 2, Magnum // When the player acquires the magnum, it is placed into slot 2.
  Player.WeaponSlot 3, EagleEyePopGun // Same for slot 3
  Player.WeaponSlot 6, SapphireStaff // And can be done to ignore slots 4 and 5 if you desire

}

Obviously when you are making a custom gun, make sure it's decorate info is also correctly filled in. (All off-sets are accurate/consistent names/etc...) The reason you may need a new playerpawn is just so that you don't have the default DooM/DooM 2/Heretic/Hexen/Strife/Whateves guns all in your inventory when you do IDFA/IDKFA cheats.

For Doom, you need to inherit from DoomPlayer, which inherits from PlayerPawn.

Using the examples in DynamiteKaitorn's post, you also need the something like following in your player class definition:

Player.StartItem "Dagger"

Player.StartItem "Magnum"

Player.StartiItem "Clip", 50

In the DECORATE definition for the Dagger, you need

Weapon.SlotNumber 1

... and similar for each weapon you make.

In KEYCONF, you need:

clearplayerclasses

addplayerclass  Dynamite

Naturally, you need to change the names of things to match the names you named things, not the names in these examples.