Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiTROACTiVE

R. Lee Ermey Has Died At Age 74

R. Lee Ermey, the legendary drill instructor, actor and voice actor has died at the age of 74 from complications of pneumonia. I remember seeing him play Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in the 1987 movie Full Metal Jacket, and he gave one hell of a performance. I didn't really watch other movies he was in yet, but I still admire him for who he was. He will indeed be missed, and my condolences go to his friends and family.

Go here for more information:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/r-lee-ermey-dead-golden-globe-nominee-full-metal-jacket-was-74-1102863

Damn. He's got a lot of heads to unscrew and necks to shit down. I still find it hard to believe he was the toy soldier in Toy Story, but he'd have rightfully chewed me out for calling him the "s" word.

His voice is in a Doom mod somewhere. Jay's Brutal Doom I believe it is. One of the friendly marines that you teleport in has his voice. It made me smile and chuckle when the friendly marine said his line while mowing down demons "You're the lowest form of life on earth! You're not even a human fucking being!"