Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bifurcator

Doom Slayer Chronicles

It looks very promising !

Bifurcator: And how is it with your next project Dont´t Play with Hell ? Are you continuing in development ?

3 hours ago, leebigh said:

Bifurcator: And how is it with your next project Dont´t Play with Hell ? Are you continuing in development ?

Dont´t Play with Hell - is very souldraining project for me.
I can't tell if it's going to continue right now.

Say whaaaaaaaaattt!?!? Dude that is fuckin' rad looking! You can most definitely count me in for checking this out. Now as for this other project "Don't Play With Hell" well damn man sorry to hear that's going poorly enough for you to deem it "souldraining" but yeah if I was you I wouldn't choose to continue on with something that would have such a profoundly negative effect. Besides in the end if your heart and soul isnt in it well then it probably wouldn't turn out very good or be something to be proud of anyway.

1 hour ago, PvtHudson206 said:

Say whaaaaaaaaattt!?!? Dude that is fuckin' rad looking! You can most definitely count me in for checking this out. Now as for this other project "Don't Play With Hell" well damn man sorry to hear that's going poorly enough for you to deem it "souldraining" but yeah if I was you I wouldn't choose to continue on with something that would have such a profoundly negative effect. Besides in the end if your heart and soul isnt in it well then it probably wouldn't turn out very good or be something to be proud of anyway.

Don't play with hell is very important to me.
And I want to make a sequel. But I'm not sure I can do it on my own. There should be NPCs, dialogues, and other content that can hardly be done by one man. Several people are helping me. But 100% mapping, textures, sprites, 90% code I do on my own. To continue working On "don't play with hell" I need a very serious help.

Jesus Christ, that's amazing! I was incredibly skeptical when I saw your description heralding it as the greatest WAD ever, but this is absolutely mindblowing and stunning! Excellent!

Just don't fall into the trap of centering the entire wad around making everything look shinny at the expense of gameplay. Too many good looking levels have terrible pacing because all the effort went into creating "awwww luuks good!!!!" style moments.

So what is the current status of the mod ? Overall how close is it to a release-ready state ?

And what software do you use to create these materials ?

How long have you been working with graphics ? Because it's obvious you have experience, recently I've taken great interest in this stuff as well

For now its about 80-90% complete.
8 of 10 maps 100% complete
MAP09 80% complete
gameplay mechanics - 85% complete

I hope to finish mod before summer or in first half of june.
I recommend photoshop & nDo2 suite for creation of PBR materials.
Corel Draw may help for design of 2d shapes for export with layers to PS format and further texture production.

This look amazing, never been done before. Looking forward to playing it.

As far as I know, the required maps are Normal,Metallic,roughness and AO, and they all must be in 8bpp right ?

Then defined in gldefs:

material texture concrete {
    normal materials/normal/concreteN.png
    ao materials/ao/concreteAO.png
    roughness materials/rough/concreteR.png
    metallic materials/metal/concreteM.png
}

material <flat|sprite|texture> <IMAGE>

{

[normal <IMAGE>]

[specular <IMAGE>]

[metallic <IMAGE>]

[roughness <IMAGE>]

[ao <IMAGE>]

[brightmap <IMAGE>]

[glossiness <NUMBER>]

[specularlevel <NUMBER>]

[iwad]

[thiswad]

[disablefullbright]

}

To avoid needing to define each material, automatic assignments are made through the following directories:

materials/brightmaps/auto/

materials/normalmaps/auto/

materials/specular/auto/

materials/metallic/auto/

materials/roughness/auto/

materials/ao/auto/

This means that a graphic named materials/normalmaps/auto/example will automatically be assigned as the normal map for a texture named example.

From zdoom wiki

Im not sure for all maps need in 8bpp.

Loving the look of this. Will keep an eye peeled.

This looks mind-bogglingly impressive. Can't wait to play. Love the ideas for the replayability and rpg aspects as well.

Collegia Titanica:
It works
material texture concrete {
    normal materials/normal/concreteN.png
    ao materials/ao/concreteAO.png
    roughness materials/rough/concreteR.png
    metallic materials/metal/concreteM.png
}

But i use only normal & specular maps.
There are 3 reasons:
1. Performance & memory usage. I use X4 hi-res textures. It is hard for gzdoom and causes some frizes. Many maps on each texture is to heavy for old engine whith asskicked PBR tec.
2. Albedo (base map) of my textures is not special maked for PBR. They are good-looking by themselfes if user runs project on slow PC without Material Pack
3. Speed of production

Well that makes sense. Do you need help with anything ? You seem to be working mostly on your own.

Also, when it's done, we can give your mod a shoutout in the PB, BD , and black mass discords with @everyone, there are a lot of doom members in these, it will be seen and played.

A survival style mod, well designed levels, it goes perfectly with Brutal mods.

I found a gameplay video, maybe you should have included it in the post :)

Edited by Collegia Titanica

This is NOT a survival mod.
It is an endless massacre in a diverse environment.

And yes.
Help needed.
Need correction of translation of texts into English.
Can you help us?

5 hours ago, bifurcator said:

And yes.
Help needed.
Need correction of translation of texts into English.
Can you help us?

My english is quite good, I could improve your texts so it doesn't sound like broken English. As for translation, if you mean from russian to english then yes, even though I don't know the language, I have friends who can assist in translating, and I can make it sound decent.

we have texts for translate correction.
Your help will be very helpful.
Thanks!
We will contact you on this matter   in a private way