Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roboticmehdi2

doom 3 mars

Hello.

QUESTION:

Does the marine ever go outside the base to martian surface? I know he does so for short time while looking for missing scientist before things go crazy, but other than that? Doom 3 and most id games seem so "indoor" oriented. (please answer considering all doom 3 games: alpha, demo, doom 3, resurrection of evil, bfg edition, lost mission)

EXTRA:

I love doom 3. Don't know why, but it has become one of my favourite game ever since I met it just recently. Lonely man in the martian base fighting his way through demons, superb graphics, hooror style, not too fast action, love it. It is such an old game but I met it only few weeks ago. I have strange hobby of collecting pre-release versions of my favourite games, alphas/betas/demos/etc..., same with doom 3. I feel good having doom 3 alpha and demo. I haven't played doom 2016 yet (my pc will not be able to handle it anyways), but watched gameplay videos of it. Doom 1, doom 2 and doom 2016 are similar in gameplay, but doom 3 is very different from them, it is special I think. I feel like talking to somebody about doom 3 for hours. What do you think about doom 3 and what do you think about my thought about it?

P.S.:

(I have lost my password of previous account(roboticmehdi) so had to open new one. Named this one roboticmehdi2)

You do go to the surface several times further on in the game, but it's always in short bursts as a transition between buildings, mostly due to the limited air supply you have upon exit. Sure, it would be fun to poke around there more, but I think the desperate rush for every next breath adds plenty of tension.

While I don't get the general hatred towards Doom 3, I do see why many people might not like it. The cheap jumpscares are already starting to wear on me despite being only halfway through, for example.

You're probably the first person I've ever heard to speak so highly of this entry and enjoy it this much though, that's for sure.

I enjoy the entire Doom 3 subseries, and I am especially fond of the expansions. I acknowledge their flaws, but none of them are fatal IMO. I wish there were some professional-quality expansion-length episodes out there as mods to try out, but almost everything is just single maps, and not a lot of great ones at that.

I recently got around to trying out the Allied Marine Squadmates mod, which is a cool idea, but jeez is it still buggy - the newest release last month added a ton of bugs, such as the guys only managing to teleport to follow you when you're in a location where they'll get permanently stuck - nice useless feature >_> The AMS shotgunner (who bizarrely fires a bunch of instant death plasma projectiles rather than buckshot) will also vaporize you from behind without a second thought, so, save often...

There a few times where you must brave the Martian surface for a brief period of time. It’s more of a scramble to the airlock finding oxygen tanks to keep breathing. The pressure is really applied when you are ambushed by demons.

do you guys know if there are any good mods that do take you outside the base ? with good amount of oxygen tank that could keep you outside for hours. maybe models and textures can be used from doom 4.

2 hours ago, roboticmehdi2 said:

do you guys know if there are any good mods that do take you outside the base ? with good amount of oxygen tank that could keep you outside for hours. maybe models and textures can be used from doom 4.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eldoom Not for hours but still, you can fight on the surface

More time spent out on the terrain of Mars would have been nice. At least we got that in Doom 4. It's always refreshing to hear someone say they love Doom 3. I agree that there is just something about it.