Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4shockblast

Beat/Fill '94 PWADs Month

NJDoom 2 Map 14-17

Map 14: UV-Max in 8:01, UV-Speed in 2:02.

Map 16: UV-Max in 4:57, UV-Speed in 1:32, NM-Speed in 1:01.

Map 17: UV-Max in 5:54, UV-Speed in 3:29. (Same bug as earlier, PRBoom+ says that there is 5 secrets but I had a look on Doom Builder and there is only 4).

NJ Map 14-17.zip

LOL, four easy points!!!11112

UV Speed/Pacifist and NM Speed/Pacifist on both afro.wad and afro_.wad, all in 0:00

afro_000.zip

32 minutes ago, Bob9001 said:

NJDoom 2 ... Map 16 ... UV-Speed

Erm, didn't I already do that?

8 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Erm, didn't I already do that?

Yeah, but still counts if I do it too right?

The Lord

Map01 UV Max in 2:40

tlo1-240.zip

Map01 UV Pacifist in 1:07

tlo1p107.zip

Probably I shouldn't get in Grazza's way to do this ;P

This first map... there's a monster you can only hit with the splash damage when you hit another monster in a particular angle... For some reason, there's a spawner in this map and the monsters are stuck together...

The Lord

Map02 UV Max in 5:18

tlo2-518.zip

Well, what's worse than mandatory secret? It's mandatory non-secret... Most of the doors are hidden in this map. BTW, what's the point of surrounding a Cyberdemon (who is immune to splash damage...) with barrels. The place to fight the Cyberdemon is also very awkward.

Here's another UV speed of a crappy short map, this time fifiii.wad (https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/d-f/fifiii) The time is 0:35, here are my comments on the map from the info file

In the textfile the author describes the story of this wad as "you must run across a skinny little bridge while being fired upon by not one, but TWO cyber-demons, among other things." Well, they're not wrong. Indeed, the "skinny bridge" part is a bit of an understatement, it isn't just skinny, it's downright anorexic! And to make matters worse there are lots of sharp diagonal corners making it even easier for the cybs to hit you. And to make matters *even* worse the lava pits on the side of the "bridge" are inescapable death pits which makes the invulnerability sphere freaking worthless since you can just get pushed off by rocket knockback and be completely unable to get back out without cheating, which is no good for a demo :/ Luckily I was able to avoid that nonsense and complete a run after a couple dozen tries, with some decent luck fom some lost soul agitation taking some of the rockets away from my direction. *MAYBE* you can do it pacifist if you can find a way to get the cybs to kill the imp near the chaingun (you can easily get the first imp killed since the first cyber is directly behind him naking it pretty easy for him to get hit by a rocket) but good luck sitting there waiting for it to happen without inevitably getting pushed off soon after.

Maybe @Nine Inch Heels can do this map on nightmare, it seems like the kind of map she would like, what with her love of precise platforming and cyberdemons ;)

fifiii.zip

2 minutes ago, therektafire said:

what with her love of precise platforming and cyberdemons ;)

yeah I can have a look... cybies and tightropes are fun, usually, I guess.. :P

Man I really suck at doom :D Also I didn't know the teleport worked in the pit, I thought it was only on the bridge, OK so I guess my gripe about inescapable pits isn't *quite* as justified though considering it is 20% damage lava if you aren't near there you are screwed anyway

And just when I was about to start recording, someone else already has a demo done. Less work for me I guess. Map is kinda fun on NM tho.

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

NJDoom 2 Maps 23-30

Map 23: UV-Max in 9:15, UV-Speed in 6:12.

Map 24: UV-Max in 9:44, UV-Speed in 4:02 (A secret is tagged as a wall so it can not be registered without noclip).

Map 25: UV-Max in 8:46, UV-Speed in 3:42.

Map 27: UV-Max in 5:58.

Map 29: UV-Max in 11:44, UV-Speed in 3:06.

Map 30: UV-Max in 1:16, UV-Speed in 2:15. (In the UV-Speed demo I managed to get a death exit, which is pretty awesome).

NJ Maps 23-30.zip

GHOSTOWN (1994), another level without demos. There is another WAD named GHOSTOWN made by the same author in 1995 for Doom 2, I guess I could point that out. WAD takes map slot E1M2.

UV-Max in 1:28

UV-Fast in 1:23

Pacifist in 0:07

Nightmare-Speed in 0:07

ghostownlmps.zip

Edited by GuyNamedErick : UV-Speed is actually Pacifist. Updated .txt file and file name.

I been searching for doom2 wads but there doesn't seem to be many and I don't own Doom 1, so I guess I'm done here?

Unless anyone got a solution

Memphis? @Memfis? I don't even know ;P  I guess this why some people say "phuck" instead of "f@ck", lol.

E1M1 UV Max in 5:50

mem-550.zip

The authors suggest we play on UV in order not to be a lame ass, so I guess I'm not a lame ass.

^@Keyboard_Doomer I guess 94 tune up project (I forgot the exact name) has something related to '94 overall?

51 minutes ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

Easy! Maximum Doom has 1629 Doom 2 wads, most of them from 1994 (please check before recording).

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/docs/misc/maxdoom

Open the .htm file in your browser and search for "/MAXIMUM/WADS/DOOM2/".

Oh very nice, thank you.

I will have a pick through this and find something worth running ;)

Also @Keyboard_Doomer The wad you linked has a complete table (http://doomedsda.us/wad1672.html). However this slightly outdated version of the wad does not have a complete table. (http://doomedsda.us/wad2397.html.)

So @4shockblast, will it still count if I do demos for the one without a complete table?

Edited by Bob9001

4 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

I been searching for doom2 wads but there doesn't seem to be many and I don't own Doom 1, so I guess I'm done here?

Unless anyone got a solution

I believe you can use freedoom1.wad as an IWAD and launch PWADs from there. The demos should work for DOOM.WAD and any PWAD that was recorded. Of course, there is always shovelware.

14 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Memphis? @Memfis? I don't even know ;P  I guess this why some people say "phuck" instead of "f@ck", lol.

E1M1 UV Max in 5:50

mem-550.zip

Ah darn, I was about to post demos for this map too, I'm too slow. Ah well, may as well post my UV-Max (alongside some others) regardless.

E1M1 UV-Max in 5:26

E1M1 UV-Fast in 5:42

E1M1 UV-Speed in 1:29

E1M1 Nightmare-Speed in 1:41

memphislmps.zip

Memfis, wait, Memphis

E1M1 UV Max in 5:24

mem-524.zip

@GuyNamedErickWell... it's kind of funny that a random '94 map got us into "competition". I don't know how the authors think of this lol. Anyway, because I still think my route is quicker, I tried to polish a little bit. However, there are many spots that can be improved further.