Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arch-vile90

Slide Doors with bridges issues.

Question

Well, i got a dumb problem making a dummy sectors involving slide doors and bridges and i hope will be not an engine limit issue.

In summary:

- Over the door slide it there is the bridge.

- When the door is close it will generate an invisibile wall when i walk in that point when on the bridge.
- This happen if i active the flag "Block everything" or player can pass it like a ghost.
- DEAD POINT WITH NO IDEAS.

I would like to find a way to be able to walk safely in the bridge so how can i do that?

I uploaded the map file.

Slide door + bridge problem.zip

7 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

No, no RIP at all. With ACS you can do everything.

I modified your map a bit to add stairs to the roof - this destroyed most of the walls, but this is not important in your case.

See the video:

WAD is attached. You just need to work on the scripts so that the door textures are not visible during rapid movement of PolyObj. Probably some more sanity check are also needed, but it's up to you.

GLbase.zip

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Could you elaborate?

Maybe consider changing the "blocking" flag of the linedef on the fly via ACS, so that you can disable the blocking effect once the player is on the other floor.

18 hours ago, mgr_inz_rafal said:

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Could you elaborate?

Maybe consider changing the "blocking" flag of the linedef on the fly via ACS, so that you can disable the blocking effect once the player is on the other floor.

Immagine one big floating rectangle with the sliding doors inside. You can walk in the roof of the rectangle but when you react the point where is the slide door you will find the invisible slide door here too. A the same time, floating monsters are free to fly anywhere, regardless of where the player is.

Using the invisible bridge destroy all the map project because you can shot through the ceiling and this should not happen, since the idea is a walled roof
( and you can see it if you download the zip file ).

I using UMDF format.

Flags used.

5ad86d07e5b5f_Screenshot2018-04-1912_18_21.png.a6700ad62b98cfad3522d13785f8e030.png
here you can see the door into the build,
Screenshot_Doom_20180419_120837.png.6e7a73682b61561ebd78ea4c93563516.png
and here the bfg ball collide with the invisible wall. Such a great thing ( no )Screenshot_Doom_20180419_120934.png.4e4917f27f0d4f02fda5f23021dc0bc7.png

Judging by your symptoms, I conclude that polyobjects and 3D floors cannot be used in the same sector. Since the entire roof is a 3D floor, how about putting some kind of structure on the roof at that location so there is something visually blocking where you are physically blocked? Either that, or have the door open down like a lift, rather than sideways, or even use another 3D floor to open up, looking like a traditional Doom door, if there is enough height above the door for that.

Posted (edited)

Damn, this hurt a lot.
Adding some stuff does not change the situation because the wall is tall up to the sky. RIP slide doors.
Then i must use traditional doors / lifts. So sad.