Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
USK GOV

ZOMWD CONTEST

I'm not sure what to say. In a previous message, you said you're 11 and can't map as often as you want because of life and school. In other messages, you said you're making a multi-level megawad. Now, you come here with a request for us to make maps for you so that you can pick out the one you like the best to be map 4 in your megawad. Oh, and we have 1 month (granted that with all the speedmapping around here, 1 month doesn't seem bad at all to some).

At least you said we would be featured in the credits should we win the "contest" to make map 4.

I don't want to sound mean and I'm not trying to discourage you, but your approach may not get much response. (I could be completely wrong, it's possible you might get a lot of responses from other members of the forum.)

On the surface, it comes across as a "help make my new awesome megawad" request, which is the type of thing that's happened a lot here over the years. On the plus side, it's better than the "make my new awesome megawad for me" request. That does not seem to be what you're doing.

Beyond that, you haven't provided much in the way of guidance. In other posts, you have links to the other levels you've finished that make up this megawad, however, you don't re-post those links here. So, anyone who wanted to know would have to go look for them. Additionally, in one post, you say you might get around to making a better map (map 2, specifically), which doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

You also don't provide an idea of how difficult you want the level to be.

You don't say anything about the theme (if there is one) that you're looking for.

You don't tell us how long or short you want the level to be. (You did previously ask if a level had to be long to be good.)

Is this the Icon of Sin fight or a boss level or just another map in the megawad?

How many levels do you plan to be in this megawad?

Do you expect the players to carry weapons over from the previous levels or will it be a pistol start?

Is there a plot or a backstory to this megawad?

Again, I'm not trying to sound mean, but if you want to get support from other people here, you have to provide more information for them and inspire more confidence in them.

Good luck.

I remember making a contest a couple years ago for DWS to get some more content for the TWID articles... couldn't even get people to contribute stupid dume drawings, let alone good or mildly entertaining ones. Good luck with this contest.

In all seriousness, providing some screenshots and basic info about your wad, such as format/compatibility and intended port to be played on, will get you a better chance at getting folks to contribute to your project.

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

I'm not sure what to say. In a previous message, you said you're 11 and can't map as often as you want because of life and school. In other messages, you said you're making a multi-level megawad. Now, you come here with a request for us to make maps for you so that you can pick out the one you like the best to be map 4 in your megawad. Oh, and we have 1 month (granted that with all the speedmapping around here, 1 month doesn't seem bad at all to some).

At least you said we would be featured in the credits should we win the "contest" to make map 4.

I don't want to sound mean and I'm not trying to discourage you, but your approach may not get much response. (I could be completely wrong, it's possible you might get a lot of responses from other members of the forum.)

On the surface, it comes across as a "help make my new awesome megawad" request, which is the type of thing that's happened a lot here over the years. On the plus side, it's better than the "make my new awesome megawad for me" request. That does not seem to be what you're doing.

Beyond that, you haven't provided much in the way of guidance. In other posts, you have links to the other levels you've finished that make up this megawad, however, you don't re-post those links here. So, anyone who wanted to know would have to go look for them. Additionally, in one post, you say you might get around to making a better map (map 2, specifically), which doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

You also don't provide an idea of how difficult you want the level to be.

You don't say anything about the theme (if there is one) that you're looking for.

You don't tell us how long or short you want the level to be. (You did previously ask if a level had to be long to be good.)

Is this the Icon of Sin fight or a boss level or just another map in the megawad?

How many levels do you plan to be in this megawad?

Do you expect the players to carry weapons over from the previous levels or will it be a pistol start?

Is there a plot or a backstory to this megawad?

Again, I'm not trying to sound mean, but if you want to get support from other people here, you have to provide more information for them and inspire more confidence in them.

Good luck.

*sigh* i was thinking people would say this no there is no theme for this level

i am canceling the contest and i will make map04 no matter what it takes i am dumb i did not think this though while writing this  and as for the backstory for this wad i am working on it but it has something to do with doomguy's ex i will make this map i feel like vavle making a bad game for the first time or id software without wolfenstein i understand that you are not targeting hate towards me you are just giving me feedback and advice honestly i am gonna cancel this contest

Nobody will hit you here even if you do only one map. Just chill and do something else if you need.