Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Archi

Rush 2 (2020-12-31 Update: MAP06 added)

here is a non-fast run of map 1 ru01-623.7z

Since I played this I might as well give my feedback, quite an interesting map with quite a few challenging area ,its probably impossible to finish the level without going through the secrets. Plasma gun ammo was not sufficient enough to kill the cyberdemon, so I either had to use my shotgun or rocket to finish him; although its challenging,  I did not really like that alot it forces you into a position to wait and hide. There is quite a bit of monsters puzzled and gathered up in one area , this means that in order to get a faster time you would have to hope they pile together in groups so that all the rocket damage can be effective , this means that this map quite luck based in particular. Good map ,had fun playing it :)

Edited by A7MAD : Mistake

Cool maps! prb -cl9 uv; first attempts first impressions

On 21.04.2018 at 7:40 PM, Archi said:

In this version first two maps seemed easy if play without rushing, all secrets here I did find along the way.

Map03 is where I began dying in the starting area due to a combination including such things as narrowness, archies, shells deficit and the missed secret. The 2 Impassable bloodfalls in the last room I didn't really understand and from the unavoidable trap in the center I couldn't get out since spent all my bullets before that part btw nice symbol at the exit.

Map04 is just amazing!

Cool cool, glad you liked it!

I will have to update map03 at some point to contain more bullets and shell I guess since some people are losing them all before the part where shooting into the switch is required.

Added new map: Malachite Casket.

image.png.ca33b68500486382dbc0e5a378902f02.png

WAD is now complevel 11.

I'm looking forward for any notes related to difficulty, if you feel like something is way too hard or too easy on any difficulty - please tell me.

Updated the link, changes:

• MAP01: more cells, added bfg right before the exit on all skill settings.
  • MAP03: added more bullets and shells, made bloodfalls passable.
  • MAP05: made last fight significantly easier, small tweaks all over the map.
  • Spectres aren't fast anymore.

Uhh, I can't seem to open the 3 key door in prboom+. Remember that they are broken in MBF/complevel 11, so picking up the yellow skull key effectively softlocks you.

Also, this may be out of your control, but there's a particularly bad slime trail here. Normally nothing to complain about but this one is very intrusive. Maybe try a different node builder?

Spoiler

s15eUBY.png

I've attached what I managed to play before I encountered the evil door. The final stretch is pretty good stuff but I naturally couldn't record that bit. Overall, this level's pretty great. I'm a fan of claustrophobic combat and this level definitely delivers. I enjoy the continuation of the green theme from map05 and still both love and hate the mini arch viles. Definitely a well done level.

-skipsec 1883 for my final attempt. The rest is a lot of dying at the beginning and YK fight.

rush2_06_fda.zip

Edited by Spie812

FDA with saves for M6 r2-06v2-FDA_TNq.zip

Glad to see some progress here. Very fun map with lot's of enjoyable fights and traps that keep you on your toes while backtracking. Found nothing to nitpick or complain about. 1 missing texture on the curved stairway that leads up to the BK fight, tried to make it obvious in my demo. Looking forward to some more updates in the future :)

54 minutes ago, tourniquet said:

1 missing texture on the curved stairway that leads up to the BK fight, tried to make it obvious in my demo.

I did switch nodebuilder to zennode in the past year for some reason and it seems to not like that particular staircase so I switched back to zdbsp extended. I'll upload the fixed map with a next major update.

Thanks for playing and for the demo, glad you find it enjoyable.