Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gustavo6046

GusMus: The modern Doom II music replacement pack

After a few tens of minutes of sleep lost to the computer,  I finally managed to arrange some of my newest compositions into a mostly replaced soundtrack WAD for Doom II! I present you, GusMus for Doom II.

D2GUSMUS.zip

Note that I have not converted them to MUS.

Replacements:

1. Running from Evil = Steel Sharp
  2. The Healer Stalks = Vindication
  3. Countdown to Death = Guardian of the Skies (¹)
  4. Between Levels = Cataracta
  5. DOOM = Dreamboard
  6. In The Dark = Ion Spark (¹)
  7. Shawn's Got the Shotgun = Flanking Death
  8. The Dave T. Taylor Blues = Wheelburn (²)
  9. Into Sandy's City = Critical Zone
  10. The Demon's Dead = Depths of Fire (²)
  11. Waiting for Romero to Play = Monument of the Underworld (²)
  12. Message for the Archvile = Guardian of the Skies
  13. Bye Bye American Pie = The Killer Hype II (¹)
  14. Adrian's Asleep = Run (original score by Michiel van den Bos, MIDI conversion by Gustavo6046) (¹)
  15. Getting Too Tense = Laser Jazz

¹ This song might not be fit for the level it's used on.

² This song was meant to be used in another project in the past (not implying it was).

Not related to the mod, but...

Spoiler

Fun fact: there is a traditional Islamic teacher & leader from Indonesia called Mustofa Bisri, who also has a nickname Gus Mus.

On 5/14/2018 at 1:57 PM, taufan99 said:

Islamic

*resists the temptation of adding a hidden star & moon image to the WAD*

Posted (edited)

Why don't you use something like Mediafire or Mega.nz for files?

Also, a good number of these tracks are on the short side, which may get jarring after a few repeats but depends on personal taste. Some longer tracks are nice, however.

12 minutes ago, Glaice said:

I have a better idea...

26 minutes ago, Glaice said:

This is terrible advice. Please don't do this or recommend these sites. History has shown that filesharing sites like these only stick around for a few years before they disappear and take all their contents with them.

If you think the work is complete then please upload to the idgames archive, which is the de-facto official archive of the Doom community's creative output. If it's still in development, better options still exist - Google Drive and Dropbox are both commercial personal storage services which are unlikely to disappear suddenly.

Please note that you can embed zip files into a post on Doomworld and if you do not do so I may take the liberty of embedding it for you anyway.

2 hours ago, fraggle said:

If you think the work is complete then please upload to the idgames archive, which is the de-facto official archive of the Doom community's creative output. If it's still in development, better options still exist - Google Drive and Dropbox are both commercial personal storage services which are unlikely to disappear suddenly.

This is probably the best idea if the work is complete, maybe I just haven't had problems with those two sites myself but I do have a Google Drive and a Dropbox as well.

Posted (edited)

I don't have the file in this backup PC, tho. I'll embed it once my primary PC's screen gets fixed.    *does not notice download link*