Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revved

DOOM: Annihilation - the new Doom movie

So a few days ago, actress Nina Bergman tweeted that she was going to Bulgaria to film the next Doom movie.

The tweets that she's made in response to some of her fans don't deny that it's going to be based off of the game and says that she thinks that the script is much better than the last one. So maybe this might be better than the last one, but obviously, I won't pass judgment just yet.

UPDATE (04/26/2018): So apparently, it turns out that this movie is going to be directed by Tony Giglio, and our lead is going to be Amy Manson. Our Doomguy is potentially going to be a Doomgirl in this movie. It seems that this movie is also going to be released through Universal's Universal 1440 Entertainment division, which handles direct-to-video productions. This means the film might not be getting a theatrical release and just end up going straight to DVD and Netflix.

EDIT (04/22/2018): Added sites that are covering the reveal of this new movie. Thanks, MrDeAD1313!

https://www.engadget.com/2018/04/22/new-doom-movie/

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/doom-is-getting-another-movie-apparently/1100-6458398/

https://www.vg247.com/2018/04/21/new-doom-film-in-the-works-universal/

http://www.shacknews.com/article/104499/universal-pictures-taps-nina-bergman-for-new-doom-movie

EDIT (04/26/2018): Added more details, and another site revealing more information. Thanks, Jaws in Space!

https://geektyrant.com/news/doom-reboot-reportedly-has-a-director-and-lead

UPDATE (05/08/2018): Arkie Reece confirmed to be one of the actors for the movie. He has also tweeted a couple of pictures decked out in armor and weaponry, potentially from the new movie as well. Thanks, Man of Doom!

UPDATE (05/09/2018): A couple of new behind-the-scenes pictures of a prop and one of the filming locations. Thanks, Revenant100 and Man of Doom!

Actress Jemma Moore has also been added to the cast! Thanks, Man of Doom!

UPDATE (05/12/18): Nina Bergman uploaded a video to her Twitter of her putting on her costume for the movie. Thanks, Man of Doom!

UPDATE (05/16/2018): A couple of tweets from Amer Chadha on the set of the new film. Thanks, DooM_RO and XLightningStormL!

Also, a couple of shots of the actors in their marine suits courtesy of Nina Bergman. Thanks, Man of Doom!

UPDATE (05/19/2018): Another video of the set., courtesy of Nina Bergman. Thanks, Man of Doom!

And a mysterious tweet by our film's lead, Amy Manson. I sure do wonder what this could mean. Thanks, IMX!

UPDATE (05/25/18): A wealth of new screenshots. Thanks to Man of Doom, KVELLER, and Sgt Nate V!

UPDATE (06/03/18): Another wealth of screenshots!

Looks like we have Dr. Betruger on this movie as well, which means we will obviously be seeing some connections to Doom 3.

Some more behind-the-scenes stuff is linked below.

Thanks, XLightningStormL and Man of Doom!

Word has it that filming apparently wrapped up at the end of May, so now the film is currently in the post-production phase of development. Some details that have been revealed through cast and crew members on Twitter is that yes, we will be getting demons in the new movie, like Doom should have. This will also not be a sequel to the 2005 Doom film starring Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. The team of the film might also be planning a sequel, if this tweet is anything to go by:

Edited by Revved

No, not another wave of noobs on Doomworld!

(but actually I got back into the game because of the first movie so I appreciate it in that aspect)

"Communist Mountain Structure", another gem from printz that definitely needs to be used as a map name.

I'm in the camp that didn't mind the first Doom movie. It wasn't exactly good, but as 90% of game-based films demonstrate, it could have been far worse. Hope the new one will be better either way, if in fact it actually gets made.

I am genuinely looking forward to it. The only thing that is going to make my viewing experience shit is the "echoing-back-into-the-present-from-the-future" echoes of the Doomers and gamers complaining about some trivial stuff and/or blowing it up as even worse than the first movie. It's probably going to be fine, as long as they don't deliberately fuck it up.

(that being said I might as well start following the news regarding this)

What if they come up with a sequel to Doom 4 game, and we get to some new enemies or a fresh story before the next Doom Installment? That would be cool no?

43 minutes ago, kb1 said:

I just hope they go with hell, and not some mutant DNA lab experiment gone wrong nonsense.

They probably learned their lesson about fucking with central things.

2 minutes ago, Dav_NW said:

What's worse? Another fiasco that completely trashes the central setting of the series or a politically correct Michael Bay-ism filled with SJW propaganda?

Not sure how they intend to put sjw propaganda into a movie about a demon invasion from hell. Actually, I'm not sure how they even intend to have a story at all.

Mike from RedLetterMedia actually made a fair about when he said the only proper way to make a Doom movie would be to make it a prequel that talks about the events BEFORE the demon invasion, rather than the actual invasion itself.

I do find it odd that the movie existence was casually revealed by one of the actress, who i'll have to be honest i had no idea who she was until she announced the movie.

Best of luck to them, im not really excited about it, but i hope they make an entertaining movie at the very least

1 minute ago, DMPhobos said:

I do find it odd that the movie existence was casually revealed by one of the actress, who i'll have to be honest i had no idea who she was until she announced the movie.

Yeah, she may have fucked up there announcing it like that.

I have no strong opinions either way on this.  If it's good, then great, but if not, then who really cares?  It's hardly going to impact anyone's enjoyment of the game.

Universal? It stands a chance. Much better script? That's what they all say until about a year or two after.

Well, I just hope the movie is actually good and not terrible since most movies come out as plain garbage 

I've heard the original Doom movie was sabotaged by executive meddling. Someone had a religious objection (or maybe PR objection) to the demon theme and turned everyone into mutants (because apparently they didn't have a religious or PR objection to the notion of evil being a genetic trait.)

I can't really imagine anyone being dumb enough to mess it up that way again, but I can imagine lots of other ways they could mess it up. Especially if they just go with the most absolute formulaic ultra-reserved stuff where it's just an action movie with zombies and maybe one villain who turns into an imp at the end. If they actually make a real Doom movie with cacodemons, mancubi, arch-viles, and stuff? I'd watch it even if the special effects were all terrible CGI and the acting was SyFy Channel Original Movie quality. Whereas I'm not going to watch some generic action movie with a random reference to a BFG or something.

Still, I have no problems with another Doom movie coming out, even if it's terrible. It's not like it actually impacts the games like superhero movies impact the comics. (Also, wow. If the original Doom movie actually resulted in new people signing up here, maybe getting into the 2d games, that's pretty awesome. No Rest For The Living was amazingly good, so if the occasional bad movie keeps the older games alive and gets us more anniversary episodes, I'm all for that.)

It’s ridiculous that they were scared of involving Hell because someone might be offended. Tons of movies come out every year that involve demons or Hell in some form or another. The Doom movie that we have now feels like Resident Evil on Mars.

I will give the new Doom movie a chance. Producers if your lurking these forums make sure that there are demons, a good blend of action and horror in the script, and good cinematography!

1 hour ago, Ex Oblivione said:

It’s ridiculous that they were scared of involving Hell because someone might be offended. Tons of movies come out every year that involve demons or Hell in some form or another. The Doom movie that we have now feels like Resident Evil on Mars.

I will give the new Doom movie a chance. Producers if your lurking these forums make sure that there are demons, a good blend of action and horror in the script, and good cinematography!

Yet Hollywood has no problem showing all kinds of violent movies with guns fired in every way possible and tons of nudity and sex, then has the nerve to lecture American gun owners about violence when Hollywood actively profits off showing it all the time.

As for this new Doom movie, I expect it to suck, just like every other video game to movie adaptation Hollywood has done.  Nothing to see there.  Just another shit sandwich created by a Hollywood out of ideas and creativity.  

11 hours ago, Ex Oblivione said:

I remember being mad when they announced that it was a dumb virus on the first movie, thinking that it was a better idea to leave the monsters origins vague as some "monsters that came thru the portal" from an unknown dimension if the whole demons from hell concept was too risky for hollywood

Edited by DMPhobos : Typo

1 hour ago, DMPhobos said:

I remember being mad when they announced that it was a dumb virus on the first movie, thinking that it was a better idea to leave the monsters origins vague as some "monsters that thru the portal" from an unknown dimension if the whole demons from hell concept was too risky for hollywood

And it would have been a lot easier to set up as far as pacing. My wife's my complaint about the movie was that it starts off tense but then it takes forever to go anywhere. The tension gets lessened after, like, forty minutes straight of some dudes shining flashlights around dark tunnels and not really seeing anything interesting. The "slow mutation into monsters" thing meant that most of the movie was just everyone killing time while waiting for credible threats to appear. It seemed like they were borrowing from Alien but couldn't stick the landing, and "zombies that turn into vague gray things that turn into bigger vague gray things" isn't exactly "facehuggers that become xenomorphs."