• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revved

DOOM: Annihilation - the new Doom movie

58 minutes ago, TakenStew22 said:

Why?

6 hours ago, TheMightyHeracross said:

Every time this thread gets revived it gets worse, holy shit.

1 hour ago, pc234 said:

I'd say it's better than before, now that people aren't whining about "doomgirl" or something.

And it's not the OP's fault the thread has gone to shit. We just wanna talk about the upcoming movie.

5 hours ago, Snikle said:

And a bit about the Mancubus. They're female, don't forget about their six nipples!

Mancubi are extremely fat, of course they're gonna have a bajillion boobs, have you ever seen a fat guy? most of em got big ones (Especially coming from a big guy)

5 hours ago, Noiser said:

I think we can all agree that Cacodemons are females

9S31uPi.png?1

Either that or Cacodemons evolved separated cloacas :P

2 minutes ago, Doominator2 said:

What the actual fuck is happening in this thread?

Maybe they thought H-Doom was being adapted into a movie? -__-

1 hour ago, hardcore_gamer said:

But wait, if the cacodemons are all female who is porking them?

The Pain Elemental. Lost Souls are the umm gravy.

14 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

To reiterate, demons are probably a-gender. If they're spawned by some greater entity, then procreation is redundant.

Then why do cacodemons have female genitals?

11 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

Now I will never think of pain elementals and cacodemons in the same way.

58 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

Then why do cacodemons have female genitals?

Now I will never think of pain elementals and cacodemons in the same way.

You may want to do a bit of research if you think that "opening into the body" is the same thing as "female genitals."

2 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

By this logic, the Pain Elemental is a multi-orgasmic creature that begins climaxing every time it sees Doomguy.  

The recent posting in this thread is not NEARLY as bad as some of the shit that has been deleted from this thread in the past just FYI. Also google "cloaca" for fucks sake.

31 minutes ago, Linguica said:

The recent posting in this thread is not NEARLY as bad as some of the shit that has been deleted from this thread in the past just FYI.

Exactly.

32 minutes ago, Linguica said:

Also google "cloaca" for fucks sake.

Curiosity killed the cat...

2 hours ago, GoatLord said:

You may want to do a bit of research if you think that "opening into the body" is the same thing as "female genitals."

Well, I never saw demonic parts before to be sure... but you're probably right!

Wow this is very awkward anyway Tony Giglio has been getting complaints again about no doomguy and female lead

Man people never learn do they my respect to Giglio to handling this calm and professionally 

Edited by NBH

It's no use. People don't care that he's debunked this silly rumor multiple times. That one joke post by the actress and a bunch of clickbait "anti-SJW" Youtube videos is all it takes. It doesn't matter what actually happens in the movie now, as far as the average Doom fan is concerned it may as well be a film adaptation of the SCUM Manifesto at this point. So much for not wanting politics in their franchise.

He doesn't talk like one of those crazy directors so I believe him. If he really was one he'd be all outraged and insulting the fans right now.

Tbh, I've seen relatively little attention generally being devoted to this topic across the net. I'm subscribed to a number of different political and gaming channels on YT whom will usually discuss whenever the topic of sexism or PC culture crops up over an upcoming movie/game, and I haven't seen anybody cover the Doom movie yet. It's possible that I'm just looking in the wrong places, or that this may become more of a topic as the movie comes closer to release.

Right now though, most of the complaints I've seen about this seem confined to a number of users on Doomworld itself.

3 hours ago, NBH said:

Man people never learn do they my respect to Giglio to handling this calm and professionally 

True, and hopefully Giglio keeps it that way. The absolute *worst* thing you can do as a director/studio is respond to these types of complaints by dismissing the entire fanbase as sexist/racist/whatever.

Now for something...completely different:
https://www.polygon.com/2018/12/10/18133795/doom-movie-first-person-movie-scenes

1. There will be first person sequences in the film which will have HUD, and even "automap" location stuff, this involves switching from character POV to other character POV.

2. "Doomguy" will be an actual character with an expanded layer (this was kinda confirmed) [AKA oldfarts be warned, DG/DS isn't just an "empty" shell for wish fulfilment]

Also, noted another tidbit, Chidi Ajufo's character is called "Akua" which is proto-Polynesian for either God, Supernatural Entity (ghosts, devils/demons etc) and Image, Idol. Seems kinda odd to hire an African actor [Citation Needed] to play a (probably) Polynesian character.

Edited by XLightningStormL : added fact

Somehow I feel that they're going to have a set of characters to tell the story (the ones we already know) and then have an unnamed one that never speaks and we never see their face but have everyone else interact with it.

For all we know they could be hiding the identity of another actor that will play Doomguy in the film but has yet to be spoiled/revealed/added to IMDB. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.

15 hours ago, XLightningStormL said:

1. There will be first person sequences in the film which will have HUD, and even "automap" location stuff, this involves switching from character POV to other character POV.

A HUD? That's... interesting. How will that work? Are the actors going to have hit points? :p

I agree can you tell that to the rest of internet that is complaining that they're assuming that theirs no Doomguy in the film

So Tony Giglio has confirmed that the baron of hell demons won't be in the film man that sucks

Well at least he said they might be in the sequel