Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revved

DOOM: Annihilation - the new Doom movie

I read almost 32 messages and most of them remind me of people who discuss like kids xD

well, anyways the trailer itself sucks, I liked it because I do not expect much from the movie but I see it is an improvement since the movie of 2005 at least

Even though they say it's bad and all that, I'll see it with my brother and I think it'll give me a good time even if the movie is bad

Anyways, the thought that they are even doing a doom movie in 2019 surprises me xD

Am starting to think that might not even be a BFG after re-watching the trailer. It might just be a plasma rifle or the weaker BFG from Quake 3. The dead zombies in the shot within the hall are way too intact for damage done by a BFG9000. (They'd at least use cheap crap gore since that's not that expensive.. *cough* sharknado is full of it and it has an even smaller budget)

2 hours ago, seed said:

Just because we criticize something doesn't mean we're supposed to do it better by ourselves (in this case, do a better movie). Provided it's valid criticism and not whining/bitching of course.

Nah, I wanted to take jab. You know the sayin too many cooks ruin the soup... or something. I meant that kinda. 

Also, it seems to me that some arguments get repeated over and over and over again. Then another expert joins and repeats his own argument over and over again. 

It's like those group projects building a furniture... everyone suddenly has to do it their own way xD

I just realized that this is basically Doom Eternal's mortally challenged fiasco but reversed.

Doom Eternal: LOL THEY MADE FUN OF ESJAYDOUBLEYOUS LETS SPREAD IT AND MAKE FAKE CONTROVERSY!!!111

Doom Annihilation: OH MAH GOD A DOOM GIRL? GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS!!!111

The hypocrisy and toxicity of YouTubers and Redditers never ceases to amaze me. What happened to just having fun playing games and watching movies?

Edit: This is probably my first loved post ever. Thanks guys!

Edited by TakenStew22

1 hour ago, Pegg said:

Am starting to think that might not even be a BFG after re-watching the trailer. It might just be a plasma rifle or the weaker BFG from Quake 3. The dead zombies in the shot within the hall are way too intact for damage done by a BFG9000. (They'd at least use cheap crap gore since that's not that expensive.. *cough* sharknado is full of it and it has an even smaller budget)

Tony confirmed it's the BFG when I asked him.

I generally like to reserve judgement for movies that are just trailers. Given all the OP behind the scenes stuff, cast and crew do look excited to be in on the project, and I usually take that as a good thing. The director's track record is...well, not good. But that doesn't necessarily mean much, cuz y'never know. 

Some of the props look alright. The dressed up AR in the OP post has a neat Quake II vibe too it (Actually, most of it too me had a Quake vibe too it). 

But man, that teaser. Everything from line delivery to the lighting. Sure, a lot of it might not be final, but I can't say it looks promising. Will I watch it and likely buy it regardless? Yah, probably. 

The last time I saw a franchise movie with the subtitle "Annihilation" I thought it was beyond terrible. But hey, that doesn't mean anything either. 

It's been out for a few months now, but I realized that appears to be the same door we saw Joan looking out of with the BFG, so it might explain all the blood. Then again it might just be a similar bloody hallway, but we'll find out I guess :P

@Quasar If that were indeed the aftermath of the BFG(as opposed to general carnage gore), my interest in this movie would markedly increase.

Everybody keeps talking about this being lower budget. Out of curiousity, does anyone actually know what the budget is for this movie? 

1 hour ago, Caffeine Freak said:

@Quasar If that were indeed the aftermath of the BFG(as opposed to general carnage gore), my interest in this movie would markedly increase.

Everybody keeps talking about this being lower budget. Out of curiousity, does anyone actually know what the budget is for this movie? 

I doubt it will be revealed until after release, though I'm not sure if that's how it normally goes. I'm guessing the budget assumptions come from the fact that's it's Direct-to-video, which are usually seen as low-budget (Even if they always aren't). 

1 hour ago, Quasar said:

Might this shot reveal what the actual aftermath of firing the BFG looks like?

MV5BZDI0MTg2MDQtMGY1Yy00Yzg5LTg1NDItMjQ3

There's good attention to detail in there. The little slopes in the corners are small enough to be plausible because pixelization would hide that, but it's basically a square room otherwise. Best of both worlds really!

Edit: And now I'm wondering if the height is 1.2x the width ;)

Edited by Space Marinara

You know what I've realized let people hate on the film because the more they hate the more publicity and attention it gets the more successful the new movie will be and it will get a sequel you know because it's direct to video and also get a fan following

To everyone complaining about how her physique looks wrong for what she's doing, all they have to do is get some fake foam biceps or something and cram them into the suit. 

8 hours ago, TakenStew22 said:

I just realized that this is basically Doom Eternal's mortally challenged fiasco but reversed.

Doom Eternal: LOL THEY MADE FUN OF ESJAYDOUBLEYOUS LETS SPREAD IT AND MAKE FAKE CONTROVERSY!!!111

Doom Annihilation: OH MAH GOD A DOOM GIRL? GRAB YOUR PITCHFORKS!!!111

The hypocrisy and toxicity of YouTubers and Redditers never ceases to amaze me. What happened to just having fun playing games and watching movies?

Wow, people want one of the most basic things of the franchise to be respected. Color me shocked. People are pissed (not just about Doom) because film-makers are sacrificing the integrity of the franchises they are working on for the sake of some dumb agenda.

And for the record, if they made a Metroid movie then I'd want Samus to be female. For me there is no Aliens without Ripley. I'd love to see how people like you would react if they made a Metroid movie and made Samus male.

They couldn't even pick a suitable actor to play a marine FIGHTING THE FORCES OF HELL. She looks like she could barely carry her gear, let alone fight Revenants, Arch-Viles and so on. Just look how SMALL she is compared to the weapon. It looks ridiculous. Everything looks ridiculous and embarrasing, especially that "die die die" part.

I repeat, there's nothing wrong with the actress herself. She's attractive and I'm sure she's talented but her frame is totally unsuitable for Doom. I think the movie is doing her a disservice. If you really want to make a badass Doom marine female then make her a fucking badass. They should have made her a scientist instead.

image.png.80d490c7c6b322df5a00f8b014388eae.png

19 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

but her frame is totally unsuitable for Doom. 

I need to comment on this because it is total bullshit. You can have a small tiny woman still feel strong and badass. I've seen it many times. Now, I am concerned here cause the little I saw, she didn't have the physical performance needed to do this, but it is not because of her frame or stature.

1 minute ago, LadyVader1138 said:

I need to comment on this because it is total bullshit. You can have a small tiny woman still feel strong and badass. I've seen it many times. Now, I am concerned here cause the little I saw, she didn't have the physical performance needed to do this, but it is not because of her frame or stature.

Really? Give me some examples.

1 minute ago, Gez said:

"Oh no! This movie is going to be cheesy B-movie schlock! Why can't they respect the deep lore of the Doom universe by giving us a serious adaptation instead? Like they did for the high-brow Doom comic, a monument of classic literature."

"Also I see there are girls in there. This is a crime."

Nice strawman you got there.

7 hours ago, NBH said:

You know what I've realized let people hate on the film because the more they hate the more publicity and attention it gets the more successful the new movie will be and it will get a sequel you know because it's direct to video and also get a fan following

Heh, you know the saying, "all publicity is good publicity".

I'm impressed by how pissed off some people appear to be about the movie. It's almost like they care too much. I'm largely indiferent about its existence.

Her size isn't any difference from small people taking on groups of much bigger people. I don't see anyone complaining about jackie chan breaking out of grabs by people 80 kg above him and knocking them out with any attack.

Also the BFG would look ridiculous no matter who uses it. At least it isn't the size of the one in Doom 16.

11 hours ago, Quasar said:

It's been out for a few months now, but I realized that appears to be the same door we saw Joan looking out of with the BFG, so it might explain all the blood. Then again it might just be a similar bloody hallway, but we'll find out I guess :P

All the blood? What did she kill, a single rat? There is hardly an blood and gibs there at all.

EDIT: My bad. I first thought those were holes in the floor.  :P

Edited by Korozive

Why can't they be faithful to Doom, like the Doom novels that declared the demons are actually aliens named Fred? It's like some people aren't taking Doom's masterful storytelling as seriously as they should!

4 minutes ago, Gez said:

Why can't they be faithful to Doom, like the Doom novels that declared the demons are actually aliens named Fred? It's like some people aren't taking Doom's masterful storytelling as seriously as they should!

They could've at least made Doomguy a mormon!

36 minutes ago, Marn said:

Doom Annihilation has slopes 

There are no slopes in vanilla

0/10 it's shit 

I saw elevators, hopefully they will remember that you can't have multiple floors in one sector.

Also, I haven't seen any random closets just for the purpose of depositing monsters?!

The Doomguy has hair. The characters seem to have hair too. At least they got that right.