Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

And you thought you were bad with computers!

Customer: "Hi, I want to change my email address."

Tech Support: "Of course, sir, may I ask why?"

Customer: "I think it's too long."

Tech Support: "Can you tell me what your email address is now?"

Customer: "firstnamelastnamestreetadresszipcodeandphonenumber@[isp].nl."

...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I like the one where the guy connects to the Internet, and then claims it doesn't do anything, because he doesn't have the sense to actually click on the Internet Explorer icon.

That may very well be, but even the most computer illiteriate of us can see you gotta click on the Internet Explorer or Netscape icon to actually get on the Web, once you're connected. This guy sat back and waited for the computer to do something once he got on the Internet, and then complained when it mysteriously disconnected. :)

DooMBoy said:

That may very well be, but even the most computer illiteriate of us can see you gotta click on the Internet Explorer or Netscape icon to actually get on the Web, once you're connected. This guy sat back and waited for the computer to do something once he got on the Internet, and then complained when it mysteriously disconnected. :)

Yeah, well I'm sure he's talented in other ways.

Heh.

I just love it when people call in to Tech Support asking where the "any" key is, when they've been prompted to hit any key.

Looking at that site makes my brain hurt. I could never be any kind of tech support. Having to deal with ignorance of that magnitude would be very unpleasent.

*sigh* You know people Still Click on those fake warning messages on web pages? This one person just kept clicking it and clicking it trying to get rid of it…

My company recently hired a new technician, and at first he seemed to know what he was doing, but soon he got in over his head. A customer brought in a system and said she couldn't get on the Internet. When the tech couldn't get the plug-n-play modem to work under Win3.11, he assumed it was a new modem, and it couldn't be done. He called her.

Tech Support: "Ok, this modem, since it is plug-n-play, will not work in Windows 3.11. You'll have to get a new modem or install the Windows 95 upgrade."
Customer: "But I've been using that modem for over a year in Windows 3.11, and it never gave me any problems."
Tech Support: "Well it doesn't work now."
Customer: "If it worked before, why would it not work now?"
Tech Support: "Lightning must have hit it, and now it won't
work in anything but Windows 95."

She called back later and asked for someone else.

LAMO!

Customer: "My monitor is wavy."
Tech Support: "Your monitor is wavy. Hmmm. Is it on?"
Customer: "Huh...urm...uhh. Nope."
Tech Support: "What are you on?"
Customer: "Hehehe...ohh yeah...thanks." (click)

THAT BASTARD PUT OUR CONVO ON THAT SITE!!!

Use3D said:

Looking at that site makes my brain hurt. I could never be any kind of tech support. Having to deal with ignorance of that magnitude would be very unpleasent.

Now you know how we moderators sometimes feel :-)
j/k

One submitter to that site wrote:

I actually had this emailed to me once:

"Help! I can't find your email address. What is it?"

My friend called me up one night and asked me to help him with a problem he was having sending email.

* Friend: "I can't send any email to you."
* Me: "So what's the problem? Are you getting any error messages?"
* Friend: "No, but everytime I try to go to your email it asks me for your password, and you never gave it to me!"

It turned out he was trying to get into my Hotmail account to send me an email.

I can't stop laughing.

there have been many reports of people ringing up the repair guys (and i dunno if they are actually true)after people's electronical "cup holder" on their pc breaking (u know - the one with "cdrw" on it)....:S

This is one of my favorites...

Tech Support: "Let me get this straight. You are going to sue our company because you put the disk in the A: drive, didn't follow the instructions we sent you, didn't actually seek professional advice, didn't consult your user's manual on how to use your computer properly, instead proceeding to pour butter into the drive and physically rip the disk out?"
Customer: "Ummmm."
Tech Support: "Do you really think you stand a chance, since we do record every call and have it on tape?"
Customer: (now rather humbled) "But you're supposed to help!"
Tech Support: "I am sorry sir, but there is nothing we can do for you. Have a nice day."

superpomme said:

there have been many reports of people ringing up the repair guys (and i dunno if they are actually true)after people's electronical "cup holder" on their pc breaking (u know - the one with "cdrw" on it)....:S

Heh, dummies. Although, I know some people went nuts about the Coca-Cola "virus", since it has a place in the symantec virus encyclopedia. It was basicaly, "Click here for a free cup holder" and the cd tray would open. Heh.