Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GhostPlayer

[Completed] MegaWad - Eternal Nightmares V1.1

Dude! Thank you so much for let me testing your MegaWAD, is freakin' awesome and it's a really nice Wad. It's one of those WADs what are very funniest and very addictives! The textures are well taken care, has a nice and care monsters level. The secrets are really hidden. Maps are pretty textured too. It's simply perfect! I hope what many people can play it and enjoy your job as much as I do. Once again, thank you so much for let me test your WAD and let me help you before the release! Keep it up and congrats! Peace!

18 hours ago, DaRkWaRloCk said:

Dude! Thank you so much for let me testing your MegaWAD, is freakin' awesome and it's a really nice Wad. It's one of those WADs what are very funniest and very addictives! The textures are well taken care, has a nice and care monsters level. The secrets are really hidden. Maps are pretty textured too. It's simply perfect! I hope what many people can play it and enjoy your job as much as I do. Once again, thank you so much for let me test your WAD and let me help you before the release! Keep it up and congrats! Peace!

Thank you bro :D

Looks pretty good, so I'm going to play through this. Playing on UV continuous.

Map 1: Really difficult for a first map. Fighting a bunch of HKs with nothing more than a SG/CG is quite tedious, and the only armour being a secret (long after you need it) is not so good for such a tricky first map, especially given the lack of health. Without the power of a SSG, I ran out of ammo a lot on this map.

Map 2: Considering you may enter this map with low health, the start is very difficult. (The Revenants shouldn't really lower until you've picked up the SSG) The very early Armor only makes the secret one at the end of the previous map even less useful, which is another reason that needs to go earlier in Map 1. Ammo wasn't as much of a problem, but this could be made a lot worse by the Arch Vile later on in the map. When placing these, you need to consider ammo counts very carefully, as you need to allow a bit of extra ammo in case it's able to get lose and start reviving some demons.

Map 3: HOM in this room. I'm not sure what the purpose of having SO many Demons is. They're just soaking up SSG ammo but I don't see why as they're quite tedious to kill. The lava seems unusual in that it damages you very quickly, and the Radiation Suit doesn't seem to prevent this, so what's the point of it? After the previous maps, there now seems to be an abundance of armour around with two MegaArmors and 2 MegaSpheres.

Map 4: The first Cyberdemon fight just seems... bad. You're trapped in an enclosed area and I could only really SSG snipe him.  I've then run out of RL ammo by the time I'm fighting the second one. You really need a PG with some serious ammo by now, especially with how many AVs you've put on this map.

It's fairly enjoyable so far, but ammunition is just on the wrong side of irritating. Music is awesome though!

20 minutes ago, Degree23 said:

Looks pretty good, so I'm going to play through this. Playing on UV continuous.

Map 1: Really difficult for a first map. Fighting a bunch of HKs with nothing more than a SG/CG is quite tedious, and the only armour being a secret (long after you need it) is not so good for such a tricky first map, especially given the lack of health. Without the power of a SSG, I ran out of ammo a lot on this map.

Map 2: Considering you may enter this map with low health, the start is very difficult. (The Revenants shouldn't really lower until you've picked up the SSG) The very early Armor only makes the secret one at the end of the previous map even less useful, which is another reason that needs to go earlier in Map 1. Ammo wasn't as much of a problem, but this could be made a lot worse by the Arch Vile later on in the map. When placing these, you need to consider ammo counts very carefully, as you need to allow a bit of extra ammo in case it's able to get lose and start reviving some demons.

Map 3: HOM in this room. I'm not sure what the purpose of having SO many Demons is. They're just soaking up SSG ammo but I don't see why as they're quite tedious to kill. The lava seems unusual in that it damages you very quickly, and the Radiation Suit doesn't seem to prevent this, so what's the point of it? After the previous maps, there now seems to be an abundance of armour around with two MegaArmors and 2 MegaSpheres.

Map 4: The first Cyberdemon fight just seems... bad. You're trapped in an enclosed area and I could only really SSG snipe him.  I've then run out of RL ammo by the time I'm fighting the second one. You really need a PG with some serious ammo by now, especially with how many AVs you've put on this map.

It's fairly enjoyable so far, but ammunition is just on the wrong side of irritating. Music is awesome though!

thank you for commenting on these details, I needed this to polish it better maps, I managed to pass without problems first but I want them to be well balanced for all people.

I will start modifying the map with your comments to make it better :D

Well hopefully you get other feedback as well as I'm only one person, and others may like some things that I dislike.

Map 5: Again, ammo problems here. I think a backpack by now would have been a good idea. During the course of the map I didn't seem to get access to the Plasma Gun, and the Cyberdemon fight is very difficult without it as you can easily be cornered. If there was a "loop" of hallways, you could at least kite it around.

Map 6: This floor seems to lower with no way to raise it up when you're down there? The instant-death pits if you fall down are not cool by the way.

Map 7: Again, please don't have instant-death pits (near the SSG) with no warning. Your use of sound block lines seems a bit weird to me. After picking up the blue key, firing a shot probably should wake up all the Hell Knights and Revenants in the area.

Map 8: Again, I can shoot enemies that don't awaken the ones next to them in a couple of places in this map. Ironically, the big lift from the underground area was where I was expecting a Cyberdemon to appear, and one didn't! That would be a good place to have one, with a bit of extra ammo at the bottom. You are able to hit the blue switch from below, although I don't think that's your intention for this map. If that's the case, you may want to make that ledge a bit wider (or some other alteration) so you can't hit the switch from below.

Map 9: I think for anyone doing this from a Pistol start, the Rocket Launcher needs to appear quite a bit earlier in the map.

-------------------------------------------

Map 10: As the intermission says, significantly more difficult than the previous maps. If you don't get the MegaSphere, I think health is a problem here, but it's easy enough to see and work out how to get, so I think that's ok. The "lava" in the open area around the Cyberdemon doesn't seem to be damaging, which is very inconsistent with previous maps. I'm still not a fan of your "rapid fire" damaging areas.

Map 11: Really, really cool. Easily my favourite map of the WAD so far. The only change I'd make is to have all the Hell Knights on their platforms wake up when you fire, as again I was able to shoot people right next to some of them and they stand idly by doing nothing. Otherwise the layout was awesome, decent ammo as well. At the end there appeared to be some chambers of enemies that didn't open, so I was left with about 20 enemies I couldn't kill.

Map 12: Really fun map, with a nice element of having to pay attention to the arrows or basically dying. This presents you with a balance problem however. People Pistol-starting Map 13 will find it considerably harder than those playing continuously. I'm going into the next map with full health and ammo. Most importantly, I have 600 BFG ammo, which will likely make mincemeat of anything difficult you've got in the next map or maps, depending on how much ammo I need to use. This sort of map is maybe better suited to much later in the WAD, when it's possible that people will have stockpiled ammo over the course of many maps and therefore the continuous/single start disparity won't be as big. (If the WAD continues in the way it looks like it's going)

Map 13: And this is a perfect example of what I mean. With BFG, the start of this map isn't anywhere near as difficult as I think you want it to be as the Cyberdemons are easily dispatched, whereas there isn't enough initial ammo to kill them if you start from a Pistol.

Edited by Degree23

2 hours ago, Degree23 said:

Well hopefully you get other feedback as well as I'm only one person, and others may like some things that I dislike.

Map 5: Again, ammo problems here. I think a backpack by now would have been a good idea. During the course of the map I didn't seem to get access to the Plasma Gun, and the Cyberdemon fight is very difficult without it as you can easily be cornered. If there was a "loop" of hallways, you could at least kite it around.

Map 6: This floor seems to lower with no way to raise it up when you're down there? The instant-death pits if you fall down are not cool by the way.

Map 7: Again, please don't have instant-death pits (near the SSG) with no warning. Your use of sound block lines seems a bit weird to me. After picking up the blue key, firing a shot probably should wake up all the Hell Knights and Revenants in the area.

Map 8: Again, I can shoot enemies that don't awaken the ones next to them in a couple of places in this map. Ironically, the big lift from the underground area was where I was expecting a Cyberdemon to appear, and one didn't! That would be a good place to have one, with a bit of extra ammo at the bottom. You are able to hit the blue switch from below, although I don't think that's your intention for this map. If that's the case, you may want to make that ledge a bit wider (or some other alteration) so you can't hit the switch from below.

Map 9: I think for anyone doing this from a Pistol start, the Rocket Launcher needs to appear quite a bit earlier in the map.

Map 5: The map 5 is fine for me (If a lot of people find it very tedious I could take it out to the Cyberdemon)

Map 6I eliminate the death pit and I put teleporters to escape.

Map 7: Take out the death pit and close the space so you can not fall.

Map 8: They can no longer shoot the monsters on the right from below. Add a Cyberdemon to the floor (I liked this idea). They will not be able to press the button from below.

Map 9: The intention in this map is the skill of the player, advancing the Rocket Launcher would facilitate the work.

3 hours ago, Degree23 said:

Map 10: As the intermission says, significantly more difficult than the previous maps. If you don't get the MegaSphere, I think health is a problem here, but it's easy enough to see and work out how to get, so I think that's ok. The "lava" in the open area around the Cyberdemon doesn't seem to be damaging, which is very inconsistent with previous maps. I'm still not a fan of your "rapid fire" damaging areas.

Map 10: As the history of wad tells, different galaxies on this map do not make any sense, so the combination of colors is rare (giving the sensation of a strange world)

Map 11: Really, really cool. Easily my favourite map of the WAD so far. The only change I'd make is to have all the Hell Knights on their platforms wake up when you fire, as again I was able to shoot people right next to some of them and they stand idly by doing nothing. Otherwise the layout was awesome, decent ammo as well. At the end there appeared to be some chambers of enemies that didn't open, so I was left with about 20 enemies I couldn't kill.

Map 11: Could you give me a picture of the sector that I'm missing? I can achieve 100%

Map 12: Really fun map, with a nice element of having to pay attention to the arrows or basically dying. This presents you with a balance problem however. People Pistol-starting Map 13 will find it considerably harder than those playing continuously. I'm going into the next map with full health and ammo. Most importantly, I have 600 BFG ammo, which will likely make mincemeat of anything difficult you've got in the next map or maps, depending on how much ammo I need to use. This sort of map is maybe better suited to much later in the WAD, when it's possible that people will have stockpiled ammo over the course of many maps and therefore the continuous/single start disparity won't be as big. (If the WAD continues in the way it looks like it's going)

Map 12 and 13: I will try to balance that of playing the wad continued

12 minutes ago, GhostPlayer said:

Map 11: Could you give me a picture of the sector that I'm missing? I can achieve 100%

These areas didn't open. I expected them to when I picked up the red key, but they stayed closed and I was able to exit the map no problem, but I also couldn't work out how to open those areas.

Map 14: Again, here you're able to kill the first enemy, and nobody else wakes up despite being right in the room. On continuous this seems fine, and difficulty seems fine, but from a Pistol start you seem to want people to take out a Cyberdemon without even a Rocket Launcher if they can't work out how to get it. Although it was the classic "rockets v rockets" ending to Episode 2 of Doom, it's really tedious to take out Cyberdemons without a PG or BFG.

Map 15: Same comment as before about the Cyberdemon fight after the yellow key and having to use the RL. (In the text on the intermission for the secret level you're missing a d from "hidden")

19 minutes ago, Degree23 said:

These areas didn't open. I expected them to when I picked up the red key, but they stayed closed and I was able to exit the map no problem, but I also couldn't work out how to open those areas.

Those floors go down when you press the bottom button, the problem is that the monsters do not alert until they see you. I already modified that and I made them go down just crosses.

25 minutes ago, Degree23 said:

Map 14: Again, here you're able to kill the first enemy, and nobody else wakes up despite being right in the room. On continuous this seems fine, and difficulty seems fine, but from a Pistol start you seem to want people to take out a Cyberdemon without even a Rocket Launcher if they can't work out how to get it. Although it was the classic "rockets v rockets" ending to Episode 2 of Doom, it's really tedious to take out Cyberdemons without a PG or BFG.

The part of the Cyberdemon already modified it and I made it more accessible without the need for secret.

29 minutes ago, Degree23 said:

Map 15: Same comment as before about the Cyberdemon fight after the yellow key and having to use the RL. (In the text on the intermission for the secret level you're missing a d from "hidden")

I took out the cyber and I put 1 archvile. thank you for correction the text intermission.

Map 31: Not sure what to say here really. I've always considered secret levels to be "anything goes" territory. I did pick up all three keys, though I couldn't work out what the yellow one did as there appears to be no yellow door or switch. I guess it has something to do with the exit to Map 32, but I couldn't get any further.

Map 16: The lift up to the switch that lowers the blue key is too harsh imo, a HK right in your face above you and Manucubii with little room to manoeuvre. In this area I appear to have become trapped. I can't open any doors, or lower any pillars. (Ah, you actually require the BFG to be picked up to open the doors. This could be a problem for continuous players who have 600 Cells at this point, like I did. Better to have this simply be a trigger you run over, rather than necessitating an item pickup) I had actually sniped the Revenants through the holes in the walls at this point, making the final fight a lot easier. If you didn't want this, maybe place them behind solid walls.

Map 17: You have 60 Demons on the upper section but only enough SSG ammo to kill about 24 of them. Yes there is the secret behind you, but is punching/chainsawing 36+ Demons really that fun? Something like 15 Demons on this section would be more than enough, or move the Rocket Launcher to this section with a bunch of ammo. This door closing so quickly really pissed me off as I wanted to duck back out of it. Standard opening/closing time for that one please. Other than that, this was a really fun map.

Map 18: Really difficult start with only the weapons provided. I'm not sure what you're supposed to do about the Cyberdemons on a Pistol start as they can easily kill you while trying to run past them, and you don't have enough firepower to kill them until later in the map.

Map 19: More high-tier enemies with no RL/PG/BFG on a Pistol start.

Map 20: The Revenants/HKs on the side, plus AVs if you decide to ignore them and go straight forward, make for a very unenjoyable start to this map, especially because you can't go onto the middle section apart from the one small set of stairs in front of you when you begin. I've stopped here for now as this was not fun.

Map 20: Back on this again. The start is still exceptionally annoying, and seems unfair with the lack of space. You can, however, cheese the fight because if you don't step forward, your wonderful sound blocking lines stop anyone from waking up. Due to how annoyed I was at the start of this map, I just abused this. The red/blue switch traps feel very polarising to me in that if you know what's coming, it's not difficult at all, otherwise you will probably die. Rest of the map was enjoyable.

Map 21: This is another poor Cyberdemon fight. It's an enclosed space, and there's no PG/BFG on the map. I had no ammo for them anyway, and I just had to snipe him through the door, which I had to continually open.

Map 22: I feel like the "launch rockets into a stream of Revenants that are behind a door" idea has been used quite a few times now and it feels a little repetitive. There's another Cyberdemon fight by the yellow key with the same problems as before.

I meant to say this earlier, but many of your doors can't be opened or closed if they're already in the process of closing or opening. It's only a small thing, but it happens a lot and it's mildly irritating to have to wait for it to fully close or open before doing anything.

Map 23: Another Cyberdemon fight without a PG/BFG on the map.

Map 24: Very questionable first Cyberdemon fight. (Again I appeared trapped until I fired my SSG so I could pick up the one that was placed. I don't know how many of these triggers you have in the game, but it's probably better to replace them all with ones that activate when you run over them, in case the player has full ammo for that weapon at the time)

Edited by Degree23

18 hours ago, Degree23 said:

Map 16: The lift up to the switch that lowers the blue key is too harsh imo, a HK right in your face above you and Manucubii with little room to manoeuvre. In this area I appear to have become trapped. I can't open any doors, or lower any pillars. (Ah, you actually require the BFG to be picked up to open the doors. This could be a problem for continuous players who have 600 Cells at this point, like I did. Better to have this simply be a trigger you run over, rather than necessitating an item pickup) I had actually sniped the Revenants through the holes in the walls at this point, making the final fight a lot easier. If you didn't want this, maybe place them behind solid walls.

I did not think about the bfg. already remove the script and change.

Map 17: You have 60 Demons on the upper section but only enough SSG ammo to kill about 24 of them. Yes there is the secret behind you, but is punching/chainsawing 36+ Demons really that fun? Something like 15 Demons on this section would be more than enough, or move the Rocket Launcher to this section with a bunch of ammo. This door closing so quickly really pissed me off as I wanted to duck back out of it. Standard opening/closing time for that one please. Other than that, this was a really fun map.

Only reduce the demons above. With the door my intention is that it is complicated inside that's why I lock you.

Map 18: Really difficult start with only the weapons provided. I'm not sure what you're supposed to do about the Cyberdemons on a Pistol start as they can easily kill you while trying to run past them, and you don't have enough firepower to kill them until later in the map.

I exceeded myself with those Cyberdemons, but my intention here is that the player knows how to manage the ammunition well and for that reason add the bfg (the Cyberdemons are only to bother and not leave the map so easy).

Map 20: Back on this again. The start is still exceptionally annoying, and seems unfair with the lack of space. You can, however, cheese the fight because if you don't step forward, your wonderful sound blocking lines stop anyone from waking up. Due to how annoyed I was at the start of this map, I just abused this. The red/blue switch traps feel very polarising to me in that if you know what's coming, it's not difficult at all, otherwise you will probably die. Rest of the map was enjoyable.

for me the beginning is fine, so I want to wait for more comments.

19 hours ago, Degree23 said:

Map 22: I feel like the "launch rockets into a stream of Revenants that are behind a door" idea has been used quite a few times now and it feels a little repetitive. There's another Cyberdemon fight by the yellow key with the same problems as before.

I started to think that he abuse a lot of the cyber, for that reason I decided not to put so many in closed places (that's why most Cyberdemon in small places I change them for Barons of Hell and hellKnight)

23 hours ago, Degree23 said:

Map 31: Not sure what to say here really. I've always considered secret levels to be "anything goes" territory. I did pick up all three keys, though I couldn't work out what the yellow one did as there appears to be no yellow door or switch. I guess it has something to do with the exit to Map 32, but I couldn't get any further.

The yellow key is necessary to open the big door, for that you need the Any keys.

23 hours ago, Degree23 said:

Map 24: Very questionable first Cyberdemon fight. (Again I appeared trapped until I fired my SSG so I could pick up the one that was placed. I don't know how many of these triggers you have in the game, but it's probably better to replace them all with ones that activate when you run over them, in case the player has full ammo for that weapon at the time)

The problem of the cyber is only to put difficulty to wad, but abuse of that should bother, so I preferred to modify several cyber that were in very small places.

Edited by GhostPlayer : Quote

8 hours ago, GhostPlayer said:

The problem of the cyber is only to put difficulty to wad, but abuse of that should bother, so I preferred to modify several cyber that were in very small places.

Maybe so, but in such enclosed spaces, you're forced into a "hit and run" kind of style, and if you happen to not have ammo for the BFG (if you have it) then it becomes a very tedious battle. And if the space is too restrictive you'll just die from splash damage.

8 hours ago, GhostPlayer said:

The yellow key is necessary to open the big door, for that you need the Any keys.

I'm sure I opened that door before the yellow key, but that would explain it.

Map 25: You provide a BFG, but not enough ammo to take out one Cyberdemon, let alone two. Rocketing a Cyberdemon to death isn't terribly fun, and because you have a nice wide corridor here, it's not particularly difficult to do, just time consuming. The Cyberdemon fight here could be made a lot cooler I think. You can't fight him on the stairs to the right, so you're forced to retreat back out to the area in the picture, and I think this could be an excellent battle. If you put a Plasma Gun and 200 Cells on the stairs (and remove a bunch of the Rockets), then I think this would be a really cool fight. The final Cyberdemon fight is... tedious. Do you want the player to snipe him with Rockets from below? I just took the lift and ran past him and got lucky that I didn't die.

Map 26: Go go Power Rangers! Absolutely awesome map. I really like the use of Mancubii on the high platforms (out of reach initially) to force you to not stand still for too long. The Revenants on the platform here are unnecessary in my opinion as you can easily duck behind the wall and snipe at them, and after such a frantic pace it just seemed to slow the map down unnecessarily. Visual bug here. You need monster block lines in a lot of places in this WAD to stop enemies falling off the edge. I noticed this particularly here when an Arch Vile got knocked down. This meant that he actually started resurrecting Hell Knights on the long narrow ledge from the bottom of the map. (I don't think you need HKs on both side of this section either)

Map 27: This would be a pain to UV Max due to how many enemies are on the outside, but despite the simple layout I really enjoyed this map. I think optimally you want to try to get as many Cyberdemons infighting as possible, and unlike previous encounters I've mentioned, you do have a loop to manoeuvre around this time. That, and there's plenty of health. (The first Invulnerability sphere was a bit weird, as you don't actually teleport into that many enemies) The part outside to hit the switch that opens up the exit seems a bit odd, because you're in absolutely no danger while running through as all the enemies are too high up to really hit you.

11 hours ago, Degree23 said:

Map 25: You provide a BFG, but not enough ammo to take out one Cyberdemon, let alone two. Rocketing a Cyberdemon to death isn't terribly fun, and because you have a nice wide corridor here, it's not particularly difficult to do, just time consuming. The Cyberdemon fight here could be made a lot cooler I think. You can't fight him on the stairs to the right, so you're forced to retreat back out to the area in the picture, and I think this could be an excellent battle. If you put a Plasma Gun and 200 Cells on the stairs (and remove a bunch of the Rockets), then I think this would be a really cool fight. The final Cyberdemon fight is... tedious. Do you want the player to snipe him with Rockets from below? I just took the lift and ran past him and got lucky that I didn't die.

I like to use the RL a lot but checking the map 25 I realized that the battles with cyber do not have much ammunition, that's why I took out missiles and put BFG. Also add the PG.

Map 26: Go go Power Rangers! Absolutely awesome map. I really like the use of Mancubii on the high platforms (out of reach initially) to force you to not stand still for too long. The Revenants on the platform here are unnecessary in my opinion as you can easily duck behind the wall and snipe at them, and after such a frantic pace it just seemed to slow the map down unnecessarily. Visual bug here. You need monster block lines in a lot of places in this WAD to stop enemies falling off the edge. I noticed this particularly here when an Arch Vile got knocked down. This meant that he actually started resurrecting Hell Knights on the long narrow ledge from the bottom of the map. (I don't think you need HKs on both side of this section either)

I put block monster in the corners so that the monster do not fall. change the revants from above for 1 archville.

Map 27: This would be a pain to UV Max due to how many enemies are on the outside, but despite the simple layout I really enjoyed this map. I think optimally you want to try to get as many Cyberdemons infighting as possible, and unlike previous encounters I've mentioned, you do have a loop to manoeuvre around this time. That, and there's plenty of health. (The first Invulnerability sphere was a bit weird, as you don't actually teleport into that many enemies) The part outside to hit the switch that opens up the exit seems a bit odd, because you're in absolutely no danger while running through as all the enemies are too high up to really hit you.

This map was weird when he believes it, because I wanted to make a kind of prison (which does not appear) and the wave was to make a great internal battle. I should improve it visually because it's simple.

Map 28: It's possible to be Arch Vile blasted up to the exit platform from the start, and therefore I've been able to skip this entire map.

Map 29: The switch you need to hit to lower the BFG and open up the blue key area is NOT obvious and I spent over 10 minutes tracing the main loop over and over trying to find what I'd missed. (That sort of switch is good for a secret, not for main progression) The BFG should probably just be lowered automatically, or via a nearby switch, as you really need it for this map.

32 minutes ago, Degree23 said:

Map 28: It's possible to be Arch Vile blasted up to the exit platform from the start, and therefore I've been able to skip this entire map.

In the part of the ARch I ran the armor to later to only be able to try it 2 times to climb. This is purposely done jumping from the exit.

33 minutes ago, Degree23 said:

Map 29: The switch you need to hit to lower the BFG and open up the blue key area is NOT obvious and I spent over 10 minutes tracing the main loop over and over trying to find what I'd missed. (That sort of switch is good for a secret, not for main progression) The BFG should probably just be lowered automatically, or via a nearby switch, as you really need it for this map.

This changes it, now you can reach the BFG without the button before, this will be taken as a secret.

@Degree23 Thank you very much your comments on the wad, this helped me a lot to improve it, it will not be long before you upload version 1.0 of the wad with those modifications.

Sorry for my English >.<

Map 30: I save-scummed the hell out of this map. There was not enough health and far too many slow Rocket Launcher parts. At this part I actually ran out of ammo, despite entering with nearly full. When all those Hell Knights and Barons are released, that section should really have a ton of ammo in it, or have only about half the number of enemies. (That would be my choice) The cage part near the end was awful, as there was mainly only ammo for the Rocket Launcher, and it was far too repetitive. (And there was very little health there)

Overall

+ An incredible effort for one person, and clearly a lot of thought has gone into it.

+ The soundtrack was awesome for more or less every level.

+ The levels were really detailed.

- There were too many sections during the WAD where it was Rocket launcher v Revenants/Hell Knights for minutes at a time, which got boring very quickly.

- There were also too many sections where you seemed to want the player to fight a Cyberdemon with a Rocket Launcher.

- There are a lot of places where enemies could get knocked off ledges, which would make it difficult to kill every enemy, so I think you need to go back through and check for this. Particularly when you have a lone enemy (e.g. a Cyberdemon) on a ledge, they should not be able to be knocked off. Arch Viles are also prone to this when they are attacking.

- Particularly in the earlier levels, but also later, there was very peculiar choices of sound block lines. There were many times when I opened fire in a room and no enemies moved. I think you need to go back through the whole WAD and check for these as well.

Overall, this was a really fun WAD to play! I don't know how long you've been mapping for, but there were some really impressive levels here, and apart from your tendency to want players to use the Rocket Launcher, I think you had some really good monster placement in a lot of these levels.

I hope more people play this to give you some feedback as there are some really fun levels here!

2 hours ago, Degree23 said:

I don't know how long you've been mapping

I've been mapping for 2 years (but editing as seriously and as complex as this ever It was a real challenge for me to be controlling so many levels at once)

I never thought I could make a WAD that big, this was a test to know how far I can go. I still need a lot to be able to do a balanced WAD but thanks to your comments I could see many mistakes. I have to pay more attention to that of alternating weapons and monsters in places so that it does not saturate much. This WAD was just for testing. I am thinking about part 2, this time I have one more member to help me and now more than ever after reading all this, I will try to improve it and balance it better.

* This is what I have from part 2, it will be short maps and not so tedious. Later I will publish a Post in which I give more details. (Map 1)

Screenshot_Doom_20181220_182647.png.38205332a7f62314950919a1efb20fc2.png

I started editing the second part of WAD. And I have to clarify one thing, I lost my mail and that's why I could not recover the password D: 

I am the creator of the "chulonia proyect" and I was wrong not to say this.

Is there another download link I haven't noticed? I want to try this out but the file from link on the first post doesn't seem to work, it's just a rar. file with no WAD 

3 hours ago, CptGoodtimes said:

Is there another download link I haven't noticed? I want to try this out but the file from link on the first post doesn't seem to work, it's just a rar. file with no WAD 

The link is fine I just tried it, you have to unzip the winRAR.

this link is the post and it works well :D http://www.mediafire.com/file/1i5mauav6zvztxb/Ethernal+Nightmare.rar 

there are the archives.

image.png.9caacf64f1fec8d3f263c627c8ebdeae.png

1 hour ago, GhostPlayer said:

The link is fine I just tried it, you have to unzip the winRAR.

this link is the post and it works well :D http://www.mediafire.com/file/1i5mauav6zvztxb/Ethernal+Nightmare.rar 

there are the archives.

image.png.9caacf64f1fec8d3f263c627c8ebdeae.png

my comp was saving the rar. as a pdf. X.X now i know what went wrong, dont know why it starting doing that but yeah it works now. Nice touch on the music for the start menu! Looking forward to trying it out, thank you!

Here I bring you an update of the WAD in which I modified to make the game more enjoyable, modify the monsters I put more ammunition and modify some places.

* Apply ResetInventory on the * 

* MapInfo for some levels

* Modify the exit on the map "sacrifice"

* I put the Block Monster commands, so that the monsters do not fall

* Corrected the text of the secret map xD

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6hchzlfxpam86a7/EthernalNightmareV1.0.wad/file

Maps:

Spoiler

* Map 14 and 15 Add the gun plasma and change mechanics to find the super secret (only map 15)

* Map 16 Is not necessary to grab the bfg to continue playing

* Map 17 Enable it for online (add more players) and reduce the amount of early monsters

* Map 18 Add ammunition and the Plasma Gun

* Map 20 I put more decorations and arrange details. Correji a sector in which it did not cover well the button on the right Take out the mancubus and the imp from the start

* Map 21 Take out the cyberdemon and modify it for 4 HellKnight, add the Plasma Gun and more ammo

* Map 22 Change the cyber of the yellow key to 4 HellKinght

* Map 24 Remove the cyber from the beginning and replace it with revenant, add the PlasmaGun and more ammo

* Map 25 Add the PlamaGun and ammunition of BFG, more ammunition and ran the ammunition that was in the lava

* Map 26 Modify many things that I commented @Degree23. Thank you man: D

* Map 28 Fix a secret that can not be seen and the teleport at the end no longer has couldowm

* Map 29 Signal the hidden button, add ammunition

* Map 31 Fix the error of the door to open it with the 3 keys, the death pits

6 hours ago, haruko haruhara said:

I have been meaning to play this wad

I have a question, did you find it difficult or balanced? this will be useful for part 2, and reading comments would help me improve it :D

My english is very bad (ty google xD)