Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
REZERO

Unaccessable parts of Maps - Final Doom

I started replaying some of the DOOM games that I originally played a decade (or more) ago.  I noticed that some of the maps in Final DOOM show areas that are not accessable.  For example on Evilution Redemption (Map 10).  There are areas to the North East (large open area) that shows on map, but no way to get there.  Also on the main loop (with the red doors) the map shows two side doors.  Does anyone know if these are for multiplayer only.

the side doors are indeed DM starts, and the strange box to the northeast is a monster box used to hold monsters that are going to teleport in later. The tunnel connecting it is for sound to travel to there, to rouse the monsters.

7 hours ago, InsanityBringer said:

the side doors are indeed DM starts, and the strange box to the northeast is a monster box used to hold monsters that are going to teleport in later. The tunnel connecting it is for sound to travel to there, to rouse the monsters.

This.  It's rather normal to make constructs like this for certain effects in maps, like random spawn ins, traps and such.

Thanks for the replies.  Makes sense since their is a part that spawns heavy monsters.  Now I guess I know where they come from!