Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quagsire

Twitter locking accounts for thanking others

I decided to put this rumor to the test by replying to someone saying "thanks", and my account was locked on the spot. What are your thoughts on this whole ordeal? Has this happened to anyone close to you yet?

Thats bizarre, but most likely a algorithm bug. Weird things happen when yer glitched :P

I've seen a few friends on there get shadowbanned for a week for apparently somehow running afoul of an unexplained algorithm. Twitter is a real hecked up website.

Thanks for warning us.

This reminds me of the time the Supper Mario Broth twitter was flagged mature for a behind the scenes image of a Mario Party 5 commercial. Said image contains a male actor putting on the Peach mascot costume for the commercial. I heard that the twitter was flagged mature because apparently, if you show someone half-dressed in a mascot costume, then that's "destroying the magic" that the character the mascot costume depicts is real and that's apparently too sensitive for twitter.

Lol Twitter is dumb. Oh well, at least they're not selling my info and trying to affect elections like FB was.

7 hours ago, CWolf said:

Are you sure about that

There's a handful of people on my timeline who keep saying that, and I did get suspended after doing so. It didn't happen a minute after or anything, it happened the moment I replied to someone saying "Thanks dude".

I remember when tweeting "lol" got you a suspension, what actual moron runs/sets up Twitter's bots? They seem to be amazingly inept and should be fired.

On 4/24/2018 at 6:35 AM, Jimmy said:

Obama

You made me legit think for a second and try to remember why does the name sound familiar and who was that guy.

I miss him.

Random but I still chuckle that they changed the cartoon revolver emote into a water pistol and apparently modified the 'hocho' to look less threatening, presumably to combat violence IRL or some nonsense.

[The word "thanks 'is a mental persuasion to the receiver that you are grateful for their actions. Therefore, the uttering of the word "thanks" shows very few semblance of gratitute towards the reciever. Gratitute is a positive feeling towards another individual, to which the positive feeling usually can lead to repaying the receiver in some way of form. That repayment can be that of sexual intentions. It is because of this reasoning, that the word "thanks" can have the possiblity to end in sexual intents, which can possibly lead to unwarranted harrasement for the receiver in question. Saying the word thanks is the first steps towards sexual harrassments, because of the positive feeling the word means to the receiver. And positive feelings can possibly lead to sexual harrassments.

Through this reasoning, the new Twitter rules have now issued bots to automatically lock users that uses the word "thanks," in order to protect everyone in the site.]

Beware of the word "thanks", folks.

(this is a fake response, folks, i made it up)

Edited by Potatoguy

Getting banned for saying thanks is like saying heh when you get banned!

5 hours ago, Potatoguy said:

[The word "thanks 'is a mental persuasion to the receiver that you are grateful for their actions. Therefore, the uttering of the word "thanks" shows very few semblance of gratitute towards the reciever. Gratitute is a positive feeling towards another individual, to which the positive feeling usually can lead to repaying the receiver in some way of form. That repayment can be that of sexual intentions. It is because of this reasoning, that the word "thanks" can have the possiblity to end in sexual intents, which can possibly lead to unwarranted harrasement for the receiver in question. Saying the word thanks is the first steps towards sexual harrassments, because of the positive feeling the word means to the receiver. And positive feelings can possibly lead to sexual harrassments.

Through this reasoning, the new Twitter rules have now issued bots to automatically lock users that uses the word "thanks," in order to protect everyone in the site.]

Is this the real world? 'Saying the word thanks is the first step towards sexual harassment.' Lemme guess, a bored woman came up with this.

5 hours ago, Potatoguy said:

[buncha shit]

Thanks for this heads up.

;)

Lol, harassment isn't plural nor does it have an extra R. So this was some prime bait perhaps. It DOES read as something you'd hear someone mentally challenged would say in this day and age tho.

On 4/25/2018 at 6:30 AM, Sgt Nate V said:

This reminds me of the time the Supper Mario Broth twitter was flagged mature for a behind the scenes image of a Mario Party 5 commercial. Said image contains a male actor putting on the Peach mascot costume for the commercial. I heard that the twitter was flagged mature because apparently, if you show someone half-dressed in a mascot costume, then that's "destroying the magic" that the character the mascot costume depicts is real and that's apparently too sensitive for twitter.

That's hilarious lol!

7 hours ago, Potatoguy said:

Are the staff members in Twitter fucking idiots, SJWs or what?

7 hours ago, Potatoguy said:

Beware of the word "thanks", folks

T h a n k y o u for writing this, mankind needed this

bzzrak was banned for this post.

8 hours ago, Potatoguy said:

Huh... I guess Twitter is just taking things too seriously