Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eligos

I think Marvel Studios have taken the Shotgun from Quake Champions

Earlier today I was looking at the poster for Infinity War and I noticed something weird. Rocket Raccoon with a weapon that looked oddly like the shotgun from Quake Champions. At first, I thought it was just a coincidence, but the more I looked at it the more I realized it's using the same model from QC.

5adfa424ec38b_20180424172744_1-Copy.jpg.a18667e5c079cbd9af7dccdbb63973e6.jpgRocket_Raccoon_AIW_Profile.jpg.735f959612f400853d966599a35b7a3f.jpg

I don't know if this is just me going crazy or they just straight-up stole the shotgun from Quake Champions. What do you guys think?

Edited by Eligos

You wanna know something even weirder? In Heroes of Might and Magic 3 there are things mentioned that would appear later in Harry Potter books - and they were written like 8 years later. I wanna say quidditch but I can't remembered exactly what.

I would have to agree, it basically looks like a cross between the QC shotgun and an exaggerated, sans-buttstock version of the DP-12 double barrel pump action. 

dp12-640x533.jpg

Who would've thought that, with so many different weapon models and variants around, some guns might end up looking similar to something we've already seen? How bizarre.

This and the Doom reference in Thor: Ragnarock make me believe someone at Marvel is an id software fan. 

8 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Who would've thought that, with so many different weapon models and variants around, some guns might end up looking similar to something we've already seen? How bizarre.

Then again raccoons like stealing things from the trash.

11 minutes ago, geo said:

Then again raccoons like stealing things from the trash.

30531_RecipeImage_buffalo_roasted_turkey

Roasted!

15 hours ago, Catpho said:

30531_RecipeImage_buffalo_roasted_turkey

Roasted!

I've never played the game, nor is it a shot at the amazing quality of art from both artists / modelers to turn a simple shotgun into something with so much character... but raccoons still steal things from the trash. That's a fact.