Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Concrete Meat

Phobos mountain outpost

Wanted to cook up a map for Vinesauce Joel's mapping contest. That didn't happen lol.

Picked it up again later and decided to finish it, hopefully you folks will enjoy it. It's my first map so I'm open to any critcism you may have, and in advance, thanks a ton for checking it out!

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20180420_201936.png.b332a7b6082a740dcf271348079d8279.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180420_200950.png.7e1d07b0bcf023ac78cb801c0522d2fd.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180420_201630.png.0357710a24c7b5815bc33dc6276f8bf1.pngScreenshot_Doom_20180420_201947.png.9e59688495604c4a50454c355502a663.png

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7u0o5x611g5i60a/Phobos mountain outpost.7z

Tested with GZDOOM, designed to be played without jumping and crouching. Changes in difficulty settings have been implemented if it proves to be too difficult on ultra-violence.

Edited by Concrete Meat

I Played through this on UV. Quite enjoyable map! You're not holding back when it comes to difficulty. You have some quite fun encounters, the ones around the yellow key and SSG come to my mind. I also like how

Spoiler

it later opens a monster closet in the chainsaw room and that leads to a secret.

I would have preferred to have armor earlier on since you're up against pretty tough opposition right from the beginning, I ended up clearing half of the map with no armor and that left me little room for mistakes.

The outdoor areas with colored lighting look pretty good, combined with the chill music I really enjoyed the overall "feel" the map has.

This is really good for your first map imo.

I took a look at this. It's difficulty and length saw me not even close to finish it, but I must say it seems to be well put together. I really like the mountain/base concept.

Are you new to level design overral or just in doom?  Just asking because those screenshots doesnt look like they are from novice.

3 minutes ago, Marlamir said:

Are you new to level design overral or just in doom?  Just asking because those screenshots doesnt look like they are from novice.

Pretty much overall. I did some level design on a 2D platformer, but this is my first attempt at 3D level design.

Thank you for your answer, seems like you did good transfer from 2d to 3d. Im gonna try it your map soon.