Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nevander

Archvile wont res until death state ends?

Question

So I'm making a WAD where enemies will wait a minute before being removed by the engine but the problem is it seems Archviles won't attempt to raise them until the death state ends, which in turn means now Archviles are useless in slaughtermaps. Is there a way around this?

7 answers to this question

How do I stop a monster from being revived past a certain point in the script? There's no DONTRAISE flag or anything. Right now the issue is that the vile can raise while the monster is fading out.

30 minutes ago, Nevander said:

How do I stop a monster from being revived past a certain point in the script? There's no DONTRAISE flag or anything. Right now the issue is that the vile can raise while the monster is fading out.

I assume you took Empyre's advice and are using a KILL type ACS script?  Instead of doing the fading with that script, create a 'fade' decorate state and do a setactorstate() for that monster to this state in your script instead.

1 hour ago, Nevander said:

with 'canraise' it is as simple as leaving the flag off the states where the monster fades out.

7 hours ago, Jerry.C said:

Yes, there is a way around it. You can tag single states with a "canraise" flag to allow resurrection in death sequences that do not simply end.

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Actor_states#State_keywords

Wow thanks a ton. Tried this way first since it's pure DECORATE and it's working great.

Only thing the wiki was fuzzy on was it said on the state but it seems it needs to be on the actual line or lines you want for the actor to be raised. Tried at the start of the state and no good. Tried on the 2100 tic line and it works.

Edit: Ignore what I said above. Apparently I have no idea what I'm talking about in regards to states. I was always under the impression a state was the label and all lines following it, but TIL a state is a single line. So then WTF do you call a group of states? Like any See, Death, Pain, Missile, etc. A state group?

Edited by Nevander