Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moustachio

Interception II (31 New Levels for Doom II - Live on idgames)

I finally finished MAP28: Terracotta! You can download the first revision here: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/439786376850833419/602662249689251843/Int2-Map28-07-21-19.wad

XOSjSn0.png

It's the hardest map I think I've made so far. I suppose one might consider Strike on Hectic Castle from Atonement more difficult, but I think this is about even.

It takes about 10 minutes to finish. There aren't many skill level tweaks done yet, but there are extra medikits on HNTR. Tested on PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4, GLBoom+ 2.5.1.4, and GZDoom 4.1.3. Feedback, as always, is much appreciated.

This wad has resources included; it should run by itself with all custom textures, music, and graphics enabled.

The opening post has been updated with a new Wad Alpha as well (v0.1.8.2). I added the extra number to allow for more frequent revisions. Many more individual maps are also downloadable.

Hello everyone, for those who are not part of the Interception 2 Discord, Mysterious Moustachio has dropped out of the project due to unknown personal reasons. However many of the Interceptors have shown that they wish to finish this project seeing as the project is about 75% or more complete. There may be a new DW thread since the idea of re-opening map submissions seems likely and wanted. This project is far from dead and if you wish to contribute the Discord Link to the backup server will be listed. There is also a new Alpha compiled with the finished map30, updated map16, and removal of most maps in contention. 
Alpha

New Discord

Alright, here's the state of things:

• After talks with @DerFurer'sFace, we've decided to move things back over to my thread. It also seems that, due to DFF getting a bit burnt out, I will be the one doing a lot of the final edits on this wad, and I'll probably be the one to upload it to /idgames since I've already learned how to do it the hard way.
  • I wrote new Z/E/UMAPINFO lumps for the wad. These skip the two filler maps in ZDoom, Eternity, etc., as well as adding plenty of metadata and fancy port-specific features. It's bound to have some kinks that need to be worked out.
  • Map19 is missing in action. Not sure if @NaZa wants to finish it or not, but DFF has a map lined up for the slot and the current build has a filler map.
  • Likewise, I've decided that elio nako's original Map02 submission will not be making the final cut. I hate to have to do this, but the map is far less polished than any other map in the set, being underdetailed and overly difficult. I've decided to use a skip map for now, since I'm not that big of a fan of my original Map02 either.
  • New teleports on Map01 and Map11 so that the player can traverse to areas they weren't able to get back to before.
  • New, more simplified TITLEPIC (visible on Page 1).
  • Updates have been made all across the board, including a new final boss, tweaks, bugfixes, detailing, and so forth. The full changelog is below.

I've compiled all these changes into a new Release Candidate, RC1.2. There are still a few final edits being made to Map01 and Map20 by DerFurer'sFace, so there should be another revision soon with those included as well. Aside from that, I think this thing is pretty close to release.

DOWNLOAD RC1.2

Full Changelog:

Spoiler

Interception II RC1.2 Changelog:

• MAP04, MAP05, MAP10, MAP12, and MAP15 have been updated.
  • Added various MAPINFO lumps for compatibility (UMAPINFO, EMAPINFO, and ZMAPINFO).
  • The MAPINFO lumps all skip the unfinished MAP02 and MAP19, cutting the wad down to a respectable 30-levels.
  • Fixed a sky transfer bug in MAP08.
  • The ZMAPINFO and EMAPINFO lumps alter the E1 sky so that the clouds move in the sky. The ZMAPINFO lump in particular also alters the E3 sky to be a double sky, with the clouds rolling behind the mountain.
  • Changes to the BEX file to have the final boss scream upon death and to fix various inconsistencies.
  • Made edits to the story texts to maintain continuity and better explain what the goal of the story is.
  • E2 was renamed to "A Long Voyage Home"
  • TITLEPIC was changed to something a little more simple. Just the logo in front of the green E1 sky.
  • BOSSBACK was changed to the arena picture.
  • New GAMEINFO lump for ZDoom ports which customizes the startup screen.
  • MAP24 nodes rebuilt to build SEGS and SSEGS lumps.
  • SKY3 transfers in MAP21 changed to regular F_SKY1 skies. The sky texture is the same, but this change allows ZDoom to use the ZMAPINFO-defined sky instead of the flat SKY3 Boom sky transfer.
  • The border textures have been updated in ZDoom-derived ports to use the black version of the FLOOR7_2 flat.
  • A green tint is now used when paused in ZDoom-derived ports instead of the yellow tint.
  • Added line horizons to Map24 and Map29 so that the horizons are extended in ZDoom-based ports. Tried to get the EE line horizons (line action 450) to work as well, but no luck.
  • Recorded 3 new opening demos.
  • Stripped away unused patches/flats.
  • Made sure there are at least 2 medikits at each exit to aide in continuous play.
  • The textfile/WADINFO has been updated.

To-do Before Release:

• Gather all the most recent map updates from DFF, JadingTsunami, etc.
  • Update the CREDIT lump.

B4SUYHI.png

Another big thank you to all those who took the time to contribute to the project!

Since folks are asking about how the blank maps are going to be handled, this is what I came up with. I actually blanked out a few more of my lesser maps and shifted the skip-maps to the end of each episode. If this sounds like a drastic change, that's because it's meant to be. I've played through Episode 1 on the new maplist so far and I'm loving the pace. It definitely trims the fat down, and if a new map comes along that fits well, it can always be added in.

Cut maps:

• Construction Site (Asbestos) [NeedHealth, edits by Moustachio]
  • Sunset Bermuda [Moustachio & Pegleg]
  • Astral Castle [Moustachio]

Maplist:

Spoiler

EPISODE 1: The Realm of Souls

MAP01: Euphoria [NeedHealth, Moustachio, DerFurer'sFace, Quantum_dranger]
MAP02: Beyond the Living [Diego 'DJV' Villarroel]
MAP03: Desecration [Misty & DMPhobos, edits by galileo31dos01]
MAP04: That Which Shall Not Be Named [DMPhobos]

MAP05: What Could Go Wrong? [Big Ol' Billy]

-=BLANK MAP=-

MAP07: The Everlaster [joe-ilya]
MAP08: Belly of the Beast [Moustachio, stewboy, Pegleg, NuclearPotato, DerFurer'sFace]
MAP09: Eldritch Apparitions [Moustachio]
MAP10: Slipgate Ex Nihilo [DerFurer'sFace]

EPISODE 2: A Long Voyage Home

MAP12: Deep Space Mine [Moustachio]
MAP13: Asteroid Assault [DerFurer'sFace]
MAP14: Murder Mountain Mayhem [General Rainbow Bacon]
MAP15: Volcanic Research [Moustachio]
MAP16: Planet Vertigo [Diego 'DJV' Villarroel]
MAP17: Habitat Ring [Moustachio, stewboy, Pegleg, DerFurer'sFace]
MAP18: Yellow Sea [DukeOfDoom]
MAP19: Moonlit Escape [JadingTsunami]

EPISODE 3: Baphomet's Device

MAP21: Return to Sender [A2Rob]
MAP22: System Corruption [Moustachio]
MAP23: Terracotta [Moustachio]
MAP24: The Sad Kingdom [JadingTsunami]

-=BLANK MAP=-

MAP26: Sinister Teachings [General Rainbow Bacon]
MAP27: Dr. Jones Abby's Malediction [galileo31dos01]
MAP28: All Fall Down [valkiriforce]

-=BLANK MAP=-

MAP30: Interception II [DerFurer'sFace]

SECRET LEVELS

MAP31: Cargo Cult [DerFurer'sFace]
MAP32: Beamfleot [Moustachio]

EDIT: And of course, MAPINFO lumps will skip the blank maps and go straight to the next map. This brings the total number of maps down to 29 maps.

Edited by Moustachio

I really don't think Astral Castle needs to go at all...and the old map12 (maybe with changes to the intro) can easily fit in.

I suppose Astral Castle can slide into the Map05 slot with What Could Go Wrong? going to the Map06 slot, since I now have two folks asking me to keep it in! Well sure thing then. I think the old Map12 then could be repurposed for an E3 slot, filling Map25.

EDIT: While I think Sunset Bermuda is a little weak, I could punch it up as well for the last E3 slot. Then the only skip maps would be at the end of each episode and the wad would come out to a cool 30 maps.

if we get 30 maps at least, then we could forego any secret maps, or have 1 secret map (beamfleot) and have cargo cult a E3 map, just food for thought.

That's a good suggestion, but what about this: use the old Map12 as Map31, since it's a little more "out-there" than Cargo Cult, and move Cargo Cult to Map22. Now, the only blank maps are at the end of each episode and right before the final boss map. It would end up looking like this:

Spoiler

MAP05: What Could Go Wrong? [Big Ol' Billy]
MAP06: Astral Castle [Moustachio]
MAP08: Belly of the Beast [Moustachio, stewboy, Pegleg, NuclearPotato, DerFurer'sFace]
MAP09: Eldritch Apparitions [Moustachio]
MAP10: Slipgate Ex Nihilo [DerFurer'sFace]

MAP13: Asteroid Assault [DerFurer'sFace]
MAP17: Habitat Ring [Moustachio, Pegleg, stewboy, DerFurer'sFace]
MAP18: Yellow Sea [DukeOfDoom]
MAP19: Moonlit Escape [JadingTsunami]

MAP22: Cargo Cult [DerFurer'sFace]
MAP23: System Corruption [Moustachio]

MAP24: Asbestos [NeedHealth, edits by Moustachio]

MAP25: Terracotta [Moustachio]
MAP26: The Sad Kingdom [JadingTsunami]
MAP27: Sinister Teachings [General Rainbow Bacon]
MAP28: Dr. Jones Abby's Malediction [galileo31dos01]
MAP29: All Fall Down [valkiriforce]

SECRET LEVELS

MAP31: The Golden Palace [Moustachio]
MAP32: Beamfleot [Moustachio]

The reason I put it in 22 and not 25 is because I feel like it's closer to Map21 in theme and difficulty.

EDIT: I can clean up Construction Site for the last E3 slot. This puts us right at 30 maps.

Edited by Moustachio

Id be fine with that. I'll take a closer look later at the order but sounds good. The secret exit is easy to disable from cargo cult. Can keep it as a big secret. I can make those changes myself if you wish

Go ahead and make those changes @DerFurer'sFace.

Since going towards a shorter set didn't really sit right, I tried going for a longer set of maps (thanks for the feedback, DFF and co). 31 maps total, with only Map32 missing.

MAP05: Astral Castle [Moustachio]
MAP06: What Could Go Wrong? [Big Ol' Billy]
MAP08: Bermuda [Moustachio, Pegleg]
MAP09: Belly of the Beast [Moustachio, stewboy, Pegleg, NuclearPotato, DerFurer'sFace]
MAP10: Eldritch Apparitions [Moustachio]
MAP11: Slipgate Ex Nihilo [DerFurer'sFace]

MAP13: Habitat Ring [Moustachio, Pegleg, stewboy, DerFurer'sFace]
MAP17: Yellow Sea [DukeOfDoom]
MAP18: The Golden Palace [Moustachio]
MAP19: Asteroid Assault [DerFurer'sFace]
MAP20: Moonlit Escape [JadingTsunami]

MAP22: Cargo Cult [DerFurer'sFace]
MAP23: System Corruption [Moustachio]
MAP24: Asbestos [NeedHealth, edits by Moustachio]
MAP25: Terracotta [Moustachio]
MAP26: The Sad Kingdom [JadingTsunami]
MAP27: Sinister Teachings [General Rainbow Bacon]
MAP28: Dr. Jones Abby's Malediction [galileo31dos01]
MAP29: All Fall Down [valkiriforce]

SECRET LEVELS

MAP31: Beamfleot [Moustachio]

If you'd like to submit a Map32 in the coming weeks, please do. It has to be a pretty creative submission though.

Edited by Moustachio

Okay, here is RC2 of Interception II. This is as close of a definitive release that there ever will be until it is uploaded to /idgames (barring a hotfix for any game-breaking bugs in the meantime). That means this should be treated as if it were the final release.

Download Interception II [RC2] (Outdated; new RC [2.1] link in the post below)

This is the version that should have the most playtesting done on it, both single-player and co-op. To maximize the usefulness of your playtesting sessions, I ask that testers adhere to the following rules:

• Test in PrBoom+ 2.5.1.4 or newer at complevel 9. If you don't know what complevels are: https://doomwiki.org/wiki/PrBoom%2B.
  • Playthroughs can be in video format, but a Doom demo file (.lmp) is preferred. This way, I can play back the demo in PrBoom+ myself, in-engine. Plus, a demo file can be recorded and uploaded as a video file if need be.
  • No jumping/crouching (disabled by default in each MAPINFO lump); no mouselook preferrably, but it shouldn't break anything to mouselook.
  • I feel like this goes without saying, but additional mods (music/gfx/enemy/gameplay mods) should be left out. GL-based graphical effects are fine, since the wad's been tested with those on and off.
  • Some form of commentary (audio or text) is welcome!
  • Certain ZDoom/Eternity line actions are employed for purely visual effect (such as line horizons: 337 in ZDoom; 450 in Eternity). These are usually intentional, but if you encounter one during your bugtesting, feel free to ask about it.
  • Pistol starts are preferred, but longplay demos are acceptable as well.

If anyone is playing in another port (ZDoom-based, GL renderer, etc.), and you notice a bug or glitch not found in PrBoom+ at complevel 9, please post it here! I'll be on the lookout for bugs like that as well. The same goes for MAPINFO specific features.

Speedrunners, if you're interested in helping set par times for each level, this is the version that will be used to set them. We'll use the John Romero method of determining the par times: beat the level as fast as possible, round up the time to the nearest 5 seconds, and add 30 seconds. I've already set a par time of 3:05 for MAP01 as an example. Maps without a par time set will have a par time of 0 via BEX/MAPINFO.

If you want to send in a demo that'll be featured on the title screen, go ahead. May the best three demos win, otherwise, I'll use the ones I've already recorded.

Here is the textfile:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1evh0ZeRyGU2-JvjwAvPkPPtLORZQ8b1x/view?usp=sharing

It needs a few credits still. Mainly the titles for the music tracks by stewboy and Darman Macray, as well as the origin of the "DFF" series of textures. If I can't find the origin of the textures, I'll probably replace them using the GRAY patches. Better safe than sorry when credits are concerned.

I'd also like to get the custom COLORMAP/PLAYPAL lumps from zoon-tex (credits to Jimmy) in the wad, but it seems it'll be incompatible with some of the cc4-tex textures. It's a shame, but maybe someone will have a fix for this in the near future.

One more thing: the soundtrack. I've made a few changes to the MIDIs featured throughout the wad, introducing a lot of my favorites from various MIDI packs since I found some of the older stuff a little repetitive given the size of some of these maps. Mappers, if you have a preferred MIDI you'd like to be featured on your map, post it in the thread or message it to me.

This is the final map order with soundtrack:

Spoiler

MAP01: Euphoria (by NeedHealth, DerFurer'sFace, Moustachio, and Quantum_dranger)
	Music Track: "What Could Have Been" [Viscra Maelstrom]

MAP02: Beyond The Living (by Diego 'DJV' Villarroel, Moustachio, and DerFurer'sFace)
	Music Track: title unknown [stewboy]

MAP03: Desecration (by Misty & DMPhobos, edits by galileo31dos01)

MAP04: That Which Shall Not Be Named (by DMPhobos)
	Music Track: "Shadows" [Eris Falling]

MAP05: Astral Castle (by Moustachio)
	Music Track: "Haze" [Eris Falling]

MAP06: What Could Go Wrong? (by Big Ol Billy)
	Music Track: "Thanatos" [Eris Falling]

MAP07: The Everlaster (by joe-ilya)
	Music Track: "Prowler" [Jimmy]

MAP08: Bermuda (by Moustachio & Pegleg)
	Music Track: "Beneath the Stars" [Eris Falling]

MAP09: Belly Of The Beast (by Moustachio, stewboy, Pegleg, NuclearPotato, and DerFurer'sFace)
	Music Track: "Ghosts in the Walls" [stewboy]

MAP10: Eldritch Apparitions (by Moustachio, edits by DerFurer'sFace)
	Music Track: "Checkmate" [LewkForce]

MAP11: Slipgate Ex Nihilo (by DerFurer'sFace, edits by Moustachio)

MAP12: Deep Space Mine (by Moustachio)

MAP13: Habitat Ring (by Moustachio, stewboy, Pegleg, and DerFurer'sFace)
	Music Track: "Cave Dwellers" [Eris Falling]

MAP14: Murder Mountain Mayhem (by General Rainbow Bacon and DerFurer'sFace)
	Music Track: "Page Removed" [LewkForce]

MAP15: Volcanic Research (by Moustachio)
	Music Track: "Freighthoppers" [Jimmy]

MAP16: Planet Vertigo (by Diego 'DJV' Villarroel)
	Music Track: "On Lockdown" [Jimmy]

MAP17: Yellow Sea (By DukeOfDoom, edits by DerFurer'sFace)
	Music Track: "Junction" [Jimmy]

MAP18: The Golden Palace (by Moustachio)
	Music Track: "Little River" [LewkForce]

MAP19: Asteroid Assault (by DerFurer'sFace)
	Music Track: "Ancient Enclosure" [Viscra Maelstrom]

MAP20: Moonlit Escape (by JadingTsunami)
	Music Track: "Casserole" [LewkForce]

MAP21: Return To Sender (by A2Rob)
	Music Track: title unknown [LewkForce]

MAP22: System Corruption (by Moustachio)
	Music Track: "Smooth Infiltrator" [Kassman & Jimmy]

MAP23: Asbestos (by NeedHealth, edits by Moustachio)
	Music Track: "Keepsake Fever" [Alfonzo]

MAP24: Terracotta (by Moustachio)
    Music Track: "Slow Burn" [LewkForce]

MAP25: The Sad Kingdom (by JadingTsunami)
	Music Track: "Forgotten Valley" [Icytux]

MAP26: Sinister Teachings (by General Rainbow Bacon)
	Music Track: title unknown [Darman Macray]

MAP27: Cargo Cult (by DerFurer'sFace)
	Music Track: title unknown [Darman Macray]

MAP28: Dr. Jones Abby's Malediction (by galileo31dos01)
	Music Track: "Nether (With You)" [Viscra Maelstrom]

MAP29: All Fall Down (by valkiriforce)
	Music Track: "Destroying Obstruction" [Darman Macray]

MAP30: Guillotine (by DerFurer'sFace, boss by Moustachio)
	Music Track: "Welcome Change" [LewkForce]

MAP31: Beamfleot (by Moustachio)
	Music Track by XenoNemisis

Additional Edits by: Moustachio & DerFurer'sFace

Title, Intermission, and Text Screen Music
composed by XenoNemisis (ForceTheDemo).

Map32 placeholder map music by XenoNemisis.

And a huge thanks to anyone and everyone who helped out along the way! We're almost done!

qOSQwG7.png

Interception II RC2 Changelog:

Spoiler
  • Maplist rearranged; new maplist below.
  • Many tweaks and fixes all around.
  • Lost soul HP lowered to 60.
  • Punched up the soundtrack.
  • CREDIT lump is now up-to-date.
  • Recorded new opening demos.
  • Made sure that there are two medikits at the end of each map.
  • Updated the textfile/WADINFO lump.

Edited by Moustachio : Struck out the old link. Added a note directing downloaders to the post below.

Here's a fix that I feel warrants the .1: Interception II should now be compatible with all ZDoom-based gameplay mods! Previously, the boss would be overridden by other DECORATE scripts which replace the Wolf SS, but not anymore. As far as port-compatibility goes, this update purely affects the final boss monster and two other maps. Those playing on PrBoom+, Eternity, DOOM Retro, etc. should not experience any changes (aside from MAP07 and MAP19, to which some small edits were made). DEH/BEX-based gameplay mods may not work still however. More details in the changelog below.

DOWNLOAD INTERCEPTION II [RC2.1] (Outdated; new RC [2.2] out, link in the post below.)

Just about the only things left to fix are some of the credits (@DerFurer'sFace , I just need the sources for the DFF_ textures from you) and some song titles that I either forgot or never learned by @stewboy and LewkForce are missing.

The final boss also has a bit of a problem with getting stunned but not targeting another monster with their arch-vile counterattack. It'll target the player instead of the monster that hit it. I'm not sure if BEX has any way of making the monster more likely to turn on another foe, like the arch-vile does. If anyone has a workaround for this, definitely let me know. Otherwise, I'll probably just have to change the mechanic for the final release.

There's a bit of a visual bug in Map30 (in Hardware-Accelerated ports) where the line horizon behind Baphomet's device has a weird fuzz effect. It's a bit hard to see, but it's a bit flickery in GZDoom and LZDoom. Not sure what's going on here. You'll have to see it in-game because I could not get a screenshot of it, try as I might.

If any more bugs are noticed in PrBoom+, GZDoom, Eternity Engine, or any other Boom-compatible port, please, post them here.

Lastly, if any participating member has any extra credits for the textfile or any comments about your map that you would like to include (much like in the Akeldama and Interception I text files) be sure to post them here in the thread as well.

luw2w3C.png

Complex Doom

More screenshots with various gameplay mods:

Interception II [RC2.1] Changelog:

Spoiler
  • Fixed Map30 exit when playing with enemy mods in ZDoom. Wrote a new DECORATE lump and a MAP30B that replaces the WolfSS in ZDoom ports with the Baphomet monster (which behaves identically to its bex counterpart). So ZDoom-based gameplay mods should now be fully compatible with Interception II! DEH/BEX-based mods are still unfortunately prone to breaking because of the existing BEX work. Maybe one of our resident DEH-xperts can point me in the right direction.
  • Tweaked the Baphomet boss behavior. Much more challenging now with a lot less mancubus fireball spam. It's totally possible though. The tricky part is killing the boss quickly due to its counterattack, but, with patience, it's doable. The cyberdemons should spawn in later on and allow for some good infighting with Baphomet, making the fight substantially easier.
  • Added Baphomet to the cast sequence.
  • Added a par time for MAP30 (4:10).
  • Map28 midi changed to an original piece by stewboy.
  • Map29 midi updated (courtesy of Darman Macray).
  • Map07 edited by DFF; mostly small changes. The only changes I changed back were the Soulsphere at the end for that end-of-level HP boost, and I brought back the BFG since I thought it was just so much more fun than having the plasma rifle in that map.
  • Map16 edited by DFF; same deal, mostly quality-of-life revisions. The only change I made was adding three partial invisibilities, one at the start and one after getting each key. It really helps give a difficulty buffer for the encounters in the level (which are all purely against hitscanners mind you), and I find that the powerup timer drove me to push forward through the level more, trying to make as much of a dent in the enemy count as I could before my invisibility ran out.
  • WADINFO/text file has been updated.

Edited by Moustachio : Deprecated RC2.1.

I can work on those credits. Also just a FYI I do have a few map updates to add before release, those are almost done

I'm currently up to map21 and I have to say, this has been pretty great so far.

Asbestos (map23) is the first that I've had to skip. After finding the yellow key I never found another one. I really hate giant nonlinear levels.

Terracota (map24) also gave me problems. I couldn't find the switch to lower the teleporter leading to the blue card.

Speaking of blue keys. Where is the blue key on Cargo Cult? (map27). I pressed the switch at the end of the boat then backtracked off it, found the exit door showing needing a blue card, pressed the switch in the room next to the blue switch, then nothing. Ran around a while, checked my map which shows keys on the map, and I saw no blue card on the map. Summoned a card and beat the level with 65% enemies killed, so obviously I missed something.

I swear up until this final stretch I was really digging this wad.

edit: okay, watched a couple vids of these maps. Apparently there's a small door that opens in the boat's cabin (27) after you press the switch. For (24) it was just me ignoring the red square on the ground that's clearly a teleporter. And (23) is still a mystery.

Edited by Bryan T

@Bryan T did you take the teleporter to the Cybie's platform in Map23? That's where the yellow skullkey is on that map. I'm glad you enjoyed the non-large-map portion of the wad though!

w3bdUtQ.png

Here's another compatibility patch that allows the wad to be played in Woof! as well as Boom 2.02 if you're really up for it. Might as well make sure this Boom-compatible wad is compatible with Boom. There are also some small fixes here and there. Read up in the changelog below.

DOWNLOAD INTERCEPTION II [RC2.2] [2.3 release on Page 6]

Interception II [RC2.2] Changelog:

Spoiler

• Fixed an error in wad compilation that caused Woof! to crash on start-up.
  • Removed some extraneous lumps from the wad, mainly to do with texture definitions. I've booted up the wad in every compatible source port with no issues.
  • Updated UMAPINFO to use an updated intermission text from the DEHACKED lump.
  • MAP13: Fixed a small texture misalignment in the starting area.
  • MAP18: Replaced some yellow bricks at the start with a non-bloodstained variant.
  • MAP30: Made the glass transparent, fixed the sky portal texture (was giving tutti-frutti problems in Woof), and split the farthest wall a few times to prevent wall jiggling.

EDIT: Hold that thought. Currently the patch works in Woof, but in Boom the final boss crashes due to having some sounds set to null via BEX. I'll throw up a hotfix in a hot sec.

Also, while I'm here, it seems that sky transfers are a bit wonky in Boom 2.02. Does anyone else experience this when playing wads in Boom (I'm using DOSBox, as seen above).

Edited by Moustachio : Deprecated 2.2.

20 minutes ago, Moustachio said:

That's where the yellow skullkey is on that map

I found that one, it was the next key that I couldn't find. I got as far as crossing a small gap to an island, seeing a switch raise out of the ground. Pressed it then had no idea where to go.

@Bryan T That could probably be telegraphed better then. That switch lowers the blue key platform in the center of the map. It's visible from across the way when you press the switch, but rotating the switch so that you're facing the lowering column would be better.

4 hours ago, Moustachio said:

Also, while I'm here, it seems that sky transfers are a bit wonky in Boom 2.02. Does anyone else experience this when playing wads in Boom (I'm using DOSBox, as seen above).

If I'm not mistaken, sky transfers are a MBF feature so they're not supported by Boom.

I just finished the wad. 29 and 30 were fine but I had an issue with map28. I think I was near the end. I was looking for a way to raise the bridge and I noticed some guys down in the yellow water. I dropped down and there was a spider master down there. All the sudden the game started lagging really badly. I thought I would wait it out but it persisted until I skipped the level. I heard some explosions and what I think was the spider shooting nonstop. 

1 hour ago, Bryan T said:

All the sudden the game started lagging really badly. I thought I would wait it out but it persisted until I skipped the level. I heard some explosions and what I think was the spider shooting nonstop.

Yeah that could be a side effect of the setup. I had severe frame drops when testing that part but I thought I fixed that up in some update a while ago, because it doesn't lag for me anymore. Basically high number of things (barrels) crossing many teleport lines simultaneously. I can take a deeper look into this if it's too persistent. Were you playing on software mode or opengl in prb+, or gzdoom? 

3 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Were you playing on software mode or opengl in prb+, or gzdoom?

I was playing gzdoom, vulkan renderer, with the trailblazer mod. I'm sure the enhanced barrels didn't help matters.

20 minutes ago, Bryan T said:

I was playing gzdoom, vulkan renderer, with the trailblazer mod. I'm sure the enhanced barrels didn't help matters.

Ah, that could explain. I didn't take into consideration mods when testing since this is boom and it's not how I personally play so the least we can do in this case is put a warning in the text file.

10 hours ago, Moustachio said:

Fixed an error in wad compilation that caused Woof! to crash on start-up.

Just out of sheer interest, which changes exactly were necessary?

@fabian I had attempted to sort the sprite sets by author using markers... which of course couldn't be read as sprites, it just caused a crash on startup. I went and ran it in Chocolate Doom to get the error message, "Bad frame characters in lump X," where X was the lump number. Deleted the markers and it booted right up in Woof.

@Andromeda Huh. I wonder if there's some sort of texture-based workaround that can be used for some of the sky transfer effects then. Mainly Baphomet's device opening up into the E1 sky at the end.

@galileo31dos01 Out of curiosity, what exactly is that barrel teleport spam supposed to do? We could make an alternate version for ZDoom-ports at the very least.

1 hour ago, Moustachio said:

Out of curiosity, what exactly is that barrel teleport spam supposed to do?

To deny BFGing the SMM so soon and prevent from cheesing the rev horde.