Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Moustachio

Interception II (31 New Levels for Doom II - Live on idgames)

3 hours ago, valkiriforce said:

Send it over whenever you can if riderr3 is still busy. 

Go on, you can take it.

Hello, a few months ago, I had expressed my interest in making a map for this and as a result, I took the 14th slot. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to back off of this project. I've been busy with other maps (one in particular that I want to finish) and, I just don't have the motivation to work on a map for this anymore.

The map I started was getting nowhere anyways haha

Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause, but, i much rather give my slot to someone else and, I guess I can give what I've done so far if anyone wants to either continue on OR, make somethign completely new. Teribly sorry about this :/

As a result, I suppose my slot is now open for anyone to take 

22 minutes ago, valkiriforce said:

So...anybody gonna send me that map?

I'm sorry about that. I thought I had done so, complete with the updated texture pack zipped in.

I'm on vacation now and don't have access to the file. If you can wait until the evening of the 30th, I'll send it to you then. Or someone else can send it sooner.

Sorry about that, valkiriforce. I thought I submitted this reply over a week ago. Here is the file.

On 7/21/2018 at 9:10 PM, valkiriforce said:

Send it over whenever you can if riderr3 is still busy.

INT2RR1_5.zip

I included the latest Interception II texture pack in the zip file. NuclearPotato is aware of the untextured room leading to the blue key, but the map is in your hands now. If you don't want to join the Discord, you can post your submission here when you're done and I'll put it up on Discord for you.

On 7/28/2018 at 3:27 PM, Yugiboy85 said:

As a result, I suppose my slot is now open for anyone to take 

@The Mysterious Moustachio

I'll attempt a little something for MAP14 unless soneone else already plans for it.

Hello, I think I will be opening up my mapslot to other mappers. I've spent a grand total of 2 days working on my map over the past few month's & I'm getting absolutely nowhere with it. So I think it best that I let someone else give it a shot.

Alright, everyone, if you haven't checked the Discord server in the past few days, I ought to mention here that December 1st is now our deadline for first draft maps (this means that the map is beatable, but it hasn't necessarily been polished yet).

Also, for those looking to do some in-depth playtesting, I've pinned a comprehensive map list (with up-to-date download links) in the discord.

Finally, I updated the screenshots in the OP; here they are again for convenience's sake:

Spoiler

bYhtVHd.png

sSHYYxX.png

TB1kLJl.png

V6YUy0N.png

f2OAQbh.png

6zgT5dw.png

2jaYKNQ.png

qJ7QWNd.png

Bc7s8Nw.png

2qC5ECA.png

JOfOvx0.png

SJd4bzh.png

pZNjjVR.png

YJq5kI7.png

Hi, just to say that I'm leaving this community project and open the MAP17 slot to others, the culprits are procrastination and the lack of motivation. Actually, I had made little progress on my map, mainly trying general themes, architectures, etc... I had some ideas and a beginning of a layout, but only on paper.

So anyone motivated can now take my slot. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have taken a long think about things and to be honest l have not made much progress and with the arrival of a mini cannonball then my time spent doing doom is going to diminish so it is best to strip back the projects I am involved with so I am going to give up the map25 slot.

Best of luck with this project and I look forward to seeing the finished product in the future.

6 hours ago, cannonball said:

with the arrival of a mini cannonball then my time spent doing doom is going to diminish

Congratulations! Enjoy time with your new mini family member.

Doom will still be here--the community's not going anywhere. Your little one is only little for a short time.

@Pegleg Not much I can do except hope for more people to join. I started doing group mapping sessions on Discord to help more team members get in the groove of mapping.

Otherwise, I suppose I could try and fill in the slots myself.

9 hours ago, The Mysterious Moustachio said:

@Pegleg Not much I can do except hope for more people to join. I started doing group mapping sessions on Discord to help more team members get in the groove of mapping.

Otherwise, I suppose I could try and fill in the slots myself.

With NeedHealth probably taking one of the slots, that would leave 4 open map slots. What about making these slots (or at least half of them) round robin maps? That way, you could have at least 1 round robin map per episode.

Admittedly, it's a bit of a selfish query on my part, because with other commitments, I can't commit to making a whole map for this project, but I still want to contribute to it. Perhaps others feel the same way.

@Pegleg I'll have to come up with a better method of passing around the wad file, but that's not a bad suggestion at all! I'd certainly love to either kick off or add to another round robin map. I think the last one is turning out swimmingly.

I should also specify that taking an extra slot is allowed. I'm limiting the amount of slot claims to 3 since that's how many maps I've got (though it's hardly helpful at the moment with four slots remaining).

EDIT: I've allotted Map17 and Map26 for round robin style maps.

Edited by The Mysterious Moustachio

10 hours ago, The Mysterious Moustachio said:

I'll have to come up with a better method of passing around the wad file,

Perhaps via PM, with a relatively well-defined set of participants.

If you started the round robin, you could start the wad and then PM it directly to the next person. That person could then send it back to you after a week or two.

If someone else started the round robin, that person could send you the map after a week or two and then you could continue it or pass it to the next person and the process would continue.

Alright, everyone, we've got about a fourth of the maps ready to be playtested, some new midis coming out (and already composed -- thanks, stewboy!), and two new round robins getting ready to start. The most important announcements, however, are:

1. All current Interceptors now have the ability to edit whichever maps they would please (rules are outlined below), and
  2. We are now accepting new members on the team as dedicated playtesters. Should you join as a playtester, your goal is to review as many maps as extensively as you possibly can. Each map needs a minimum of 7 reviews to make it to release, but more are always welcome and appreciated!

If you would like to join as a playtester, please join the Interception II Discord server: https://discord.gg/NpxPUyW (This link is good for 10 new members). Three integral text channels you may be interested in are #playtesting, #edits, and #mapsmapsmaps.

The Rules for Editing:

1. Keep it civil, respectful, and caring. No trolling or harassment please!
  2. Each and every tweak must be announced in the Interception II Changelog.
  3. Any member of The Interceptors (Gen 2) is allowed to make any change he/she/they sees/see fit with sufficient explanation. Without a sufficient explanation, changes may be reverted or vetoed (see 4 and 5 below).
  4. Respect the original map author's right to veto any change made to his/her/their map with sufficient explanation. Vetoes without a sufficient explanation may be re-edited (see 5 below).
  5. Any changes or vetoes made without a logical and sufficient explanation are subject to be reverted entirely.

We had a few mappers leave in the last week, so there are four two open map slots:

• Map25
  • Map28

Call them if you want them.

And, since I haven't mentioned this on the thread yet, the new deadline for map submissions is Dec. 14, 2018.

EDIT: I should also mention that the first round robin (Map04) has now been completed, but Map17 and Map26 are still up for grabs if you'd like to contribute on a smaller scale. The idea is that each mapper that takes hold of a round robin slot is allowed to add a bit onto the map. If your section is too huge it has a higher chance of being edited down, but otherwise any changes made to the existing map structure should keep the original design of those areas intact.

@General Rainbow Bacon For murder Mountain Mayhem: Overall the style felt unique and i enjoyed it mostly. there were a few issues (mysterious Mustachio seconded these generally on the discord)

1. the starting area was a little rough for pistol start, manageable but i could see how if the player had low-ish health this could softlock them as there is very little cover and it starts right away

2. about when you get to the blue key area was when it was a little difficult to figure out where to go, the map does get confusing to navigate at times (for instance, didn't know the teleporter opened when throwing the switch and crushing the barrels)

3. I agree some detailing may need to be done, not much, graphical issues were minimal. Also trying to backtrack to the red exit switch and the yellow door is rather long and annoying to me personally, maybe could be slimmed. And the fire texture at the exit looks odd since it down't properly loop over 128 map units

4. the secret blue teleporter does not seem to lead anywhere, nor do i believe its actually reachable as is

Edited by DerFurer'sFace

@ DerFurer: I put in a teleporter that opens up so you don't have to backtrack as much for the yellow door, the red door bars you should have seen when you got the blue key and gone up the mountain, I'll check the blue teleporter, but I think it's a case of you not looking around as much as you could have.  As far as not knowing where to go after the blue key area, well you probably just didn't look around enough at the beginning because you pass the blue door on the way into the main base.  I tend to make my maps reward those who look around.  

Thanks for your input.

On 11/1/2018 at 7:30 PM, The Mysterious Moustachio said:

Map17 and Map26 are still up for grabs if you'd like to contribute on a smaller scale. The idea is that each mapper that takes hold of a round robin slot is allowed to add a bit onto the map. If your section is too huge it has a higher chance of being edited down, but otherwise any changes made to the existing map structure should keep the original design of those areas intact.

@stewboy (I assume the same as on Discord) started Map 17 and I've picked it up to continue with the editing, so it should be available sometime next week.

Map 26 is still untouched and someone can take it and run with it.

@PeglegThanks for relaying that back to the thread.

As far as regular map slots go, we've still got Map07 and Map25 to fill if anyone would like to crank out a map (collabs are accepted).

@General Rainbow Bacon

I re-checked to make sure, the blue secret teleporter and the ledge has a tag of 25, but there's no line with a tag of 25 (does nothing), and the teleporter has a tag of 26 but no destination (no sector tag 26 or teleport destination). 

Spoiler

mountain.PNG.20cb1b97eebd1110f0a2777aa0d0dc66.PNG

A crap, i think it was working and then I modified something later and broke it.  It definitely worked when I tested it a few days ago.  But I edited since then.  Okay, I'll upload a fix later tonight.

11 hours ago, The Mysterious Moustachio said:

As far as regular map slots go, we've still got Map07 and Map25

For anyone not on Discord, as of a few hours ago, joe-ilya has been put on Map 07, so only Map 25 is currently available to be claimed (and, of course, the round robin on Map 26).