Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

MAYhem 2018 - Orange Version!

Doubtful that I will finish this on time. I slacked off most of the month because I got into a bad Doom slump, and I'll be without wifi for a few weeks as of tomorrow. If anyone wants to give it a crack, I've noted down some arrows on the map where progression was gonna continue. If you wanna take on the task of finishing this off, PM me if you need any help with how gameplay flows. If it's cool with the project leads, I'll try to work on this while my internet's down and maaaaybe finish it, but it'd be after the deadline for sure.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vdbdl2fgxupwbsp/scatterplot.wad?dl=1

2 hours ago, amok said:

Cutting it close but thanks to a national holiday I had enough time to get this finished. Only balanced for UV at the moment. Have fun!

Sun Blows Up Today

Music: Level 3 Theme - Battletoads & Double Dragon

Hide contents

Screenshot_Doom_20180528_173832.png.0949c061482f99cc33344381a758ba44.png

Cool map! I guess i felt like the rapid fire RL was kinda included for the sake of it, but outside of that, great stuff.

Right, fuck it. I'll continue to push ahead with this but some feedback would be appreciated because I don't know how to gameplay at all (people liking last year's map was a total fluke). The MIDI isn't quite finished, the entire base section isn't finished, and there's no exit (the bridge is basically the end of the map currently). The cave and first outdoor areas are mostly finished, though the "crater" in the cave needs something, and I'm really not sold on some of the texturing outside.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cJlz_iOXAJSGLGWDQsmIa5zPaH89PAig/view?usp=sharing

Part of me feels it'd be more fun as a RL-only map...

Alright, resources have been updated with some bugfixes: the gray liquid resources now animate and I *think* I have the Hades Sphere bug licked.

Oh yeah, and the Cybruiser and Spider Mastermind have been swapped around so the Cybruiser doesn't damage itself with its rockets. T'was kinda goofy. :P

Oh yes, and before I forget: as I start properly compiling through June, I'm going to need playtesters to examine the maps and give feedback on various aspects like gameplay, bugs and the like. Naturally you'll be credited once the finished products are released and you'll have a big say in what maps make the final cut, as well as map order. Just post in here to show your interest and I'll get the rough compilation to you guys first once May rides off into the sunset. :)

Cheers @Scotty, I can see what you mean, I sort of got bored with the texturing of that area if I'm honest so maybe that's why it looks rushed or like an afterthought. 

@Obsidian, I've also noticed that the Hades Elementals can infight (if you're cruel enough to place 2 at once heh) and the coloured 24px switches don't animate either.

I'd love to playtest too if you've got space.

^ All the more reason to do so, gives you good experience at being a tester! ;)

It's honestly not hard. Play the map as you normally would and log any thoughts / issues. "Texture alignment here is shit - see screenshot", "inescapable pit here - see screenshot", "the battle in the big room is too easy - perhaps change the X to a Y and give less ammo" etc.

Just find that balance between making suggestions vs dictating how a map should be, as long as your critique doesnt feel like you're being an arsehole or demanding how something should be then it's probably good critique.

I've lost confidence in finishing this map. I got sidetracked so much lately this month, and I don't want to put myself under any more pressure to get this thing done.

Here is the map is anyone is willing to have a look at it: Argent Orange

2 hours ago, Breezeep said:

I've lost confidence in finishing this map. I got sidetracked so much lately this month, and I don't want to put myself under any more pressure to get this thing done.

Here is the map is anyone is willing to have a look at it: Argent Orange

I took a quick look , the architecture is impressive. I loved the circular rooms. :)

My map is nearly finished , I will try to share it today but in any case , it will be playable tomorrow.

I was doing some testing earlier, and it was all looking good, but then I got a crash while punching a Hades Elemental in PRBoom+.

I can definitely commiserate with Urthar and Yugiboy and anyone else who started out a map but won't be able to finish in time. I thought I could make one map for each, started on orange, time went by, realized I'd make one at most, then got even busier and with one day left no way I'll be able to finish. Ah well, I'll find a way to use the idea somewhere down the line.

Thus far I've played a bit of Scotty's map. I'm impressed by everything aesthetic about the wad.

However, I do not like the explodey-nucleus things. They are such a pain!

I've a miscellaneous question about the resources. I have a mod I'm working on that I think would do pretty well with some of these textures, so is it okay if I pull a couple for it?

If so, let me know who to credit so I can get that one right.

Unfortunately I’ll be unable to complete a map for this month; I was unable to get anything substantial done yesterday, and I’m out of town cat-sitting until Monday. I’ll be sure to jump in on the playtesting bandwagon, however!

I got bored so I a made something :P 

This was made with cc4tex until I realised I use the wrong resource wad , poor me .

Relatively short and was made within ~2days or so

May need some playtesting ...

Wasn't perfected much so don't expect much

Level Name : Ferrous(ll) Sulphate

Download: Ferrous2sulphate.zip

Requires mayhem18res

screenshot:

doom80.png.d505e7d823b295c38370477b983c1b81.png

Alright, not long now till the deadline hits! I'm gonna be nice about it though: for now, you only need to submit something playable. I'll allow difficulty settings and (some) detailing to be added over June while the compiling and playtesting takes place.

I just need to think of something to put between the exit and what I have created so far, and my map should be playable.

My map is finished , i didn't manage to beat my level without saves so I slightly lowered the difficulty in the last fights instead. The whole is doable but I highly recommend to play with saves. I will try to record a max demo later.

doom186.png.fba10ee8f3b234fbef7abf8229881990.png

Spoiler

Author : Roofi

Difficulty : Hard

Map name : Floréal

Playtesting (ports used and their versions) : Prboom

Skill settings : Yes

Tools used : Gzdoombuilder

Music track : Rustling Forest/Danger In The Forest - Final Fantasy IX

Bugs : No major bug I hope but some switchs are weirdly a bit misaligned...

Comments : A hard map with a gimmicky gameplay mainly inspired of ToD maps.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Roofi

On 5/29/2018 at 10:51 PM, Magnusblitz said:

I can definitely commiserate with Urthar and Yugiboy and anyone else who started out a map but won't be able to finish in time. I thought I could make one map for each, started on orange, time went by, realized I'd make one at most, then got even busier and with one day left no way I'll be able to finish. Ah well, I'll find a way to use the idea somewhere down the line.

Just like myself. I had to relocate to a new job anyways so I couldn't really continue this one (idea behind it was that it is a miniboss map using only ethereal souls and at least two overlords as the boss). But I got what I could. I know I PM'd Obsidian first, but after my last reply I decided I'll let this be open instead. Just need the final miniboss area done past the key door and some music, settings, and detailing if anyone is interested.

Chamber of Souls 2

Fucking YES, done!

Screenshot_Doom_20180531_233807.png.27e8716606b07d98be2709cb4bb01bd9.png

Map name: The Infinite Gyre

Music: "POGCHAMP.MID" by Yakfak

Difficulty settings: Not yet

Tested in: ZDoom, PrBoom+

Kinda rough around the edges, but the architecture is pretty much all done and it's mostly the gameplay that needs hammering into shape. I was kinda channeling Impossible: A New Reality as I was making this, but don't worry, there's no teleporting Cyberdemon maze. :P

@Obsidian So What do you think of the map? after i did some changes to it

Asterion.zip

Before you ask, this is still redmay but i decided to give it a proper name

I added more details to the map to make it look less basic and more in theme, feedback on it would be great.

Give the poor guy a chance to finish his purple map first haha. :P

1 hour ago, Obsidian said:

The deadline looms! I'll likely get my purple map in tomorrow, so it's a damn good thing it'll be the 31st somewhere else. :P

3 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Give the poor guy a chance to finish his purple map first haha. :P

Oh my bad, didn't notice the message.

I post an new version of my map. I used the old resource pack all the time and I just realised that the cybruiser and the Spider mastermind were switched...

I removed some Cybruisers because they can't be killed with splashdamage anymore.

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Roofi

Bovril Bastille

Music: Alias.mid from Jmickle66666666's Midi Collection Three

Notes: Difficulty levels, coop monsters, long map, salt content high

Media

Spoiler

kJk2zW2.jpg

Last minute entry.

Name: Orange Stream

Music: Under a Crimson Moon by Eric Baker

Difficulty settings: implemented

Coop: Player starts only

Tested: GZDoom, PrBoom+

Description: A moderately easy slaughtermap with a pair of 'keep on your toes' sections

1k7oAbV.png

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kKyY9UfktAxaUMi78Dbi1O_iVkz5DrUG/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Paul977 : music