Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

MAYhem 2018 - Orange Version!

That reminds me, I have forgotten to add coop Spawns for the players thankfully i fixed it, along with some minor detailing, not much has changed, but im might fear that it will be sligtly more harder 

Asterion.zip

Where is the updated resources wad ? I can not find it - help. My map is probably in a playable sate within the hour. No idea about the music sorry.

Half an hour before deadline my map is in a playable state. I still need help finding the updated resources pack.

Mapname: Sundowning

Music: I'll get back to it.

Difficulty: This map would probably ft as an opener. Playtime is around five minutes. Still need to fix small texture errors and difficulty -- Also I can not get the transferred height floor to behave.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ywmlvadvikp7al/2sundowning_nh.wad?dl=0

Edited by NeedHealth

4 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

I still need help finding the updated resources pack.

I could've sworn I updated the link in the OP. Did I screw up somehow?

Just now, Obsidian said:

I could've sworn I updated the link in the OP. Did I screw up somehow?

Did you call both versions MAYRES18.wad because that's what I am collecting from this.

I suppose it's quite telling that I've somehow ended up with the SMB2 overworld theme on a loop whilst mapping xD

Minor update to account for the Cybruiser change.

All right, here's a playable (yet incomplete) version of my map.

Map name: Volcaropod

Music: "Death's Bells" (from TNT Evilution)
Difficulty: Very hard, with a smooth curve

Difficulty settings: Yes

Tested in: PrBoom, ZDoom

Screenshots :

d1mV21V.png

zP5XHot.png

OH0ITtQ.png

7aCpKPo.png

Doom Builder shot :

YBa1cVA.png

All that's missing is the ending fight in the western area, after the green key door. It should only take me one or two days to build.
Everything else is done.

Edit : link deleted, see further posts for updates.

Edited by WH-Wilou84

Here's my map for the project:

MAY18oDA.zip

Screenshot_Doom_20180531_173141.png.69394c2ca8120a2834e937d86b1a53a6.png

Map name: Rushed

Music: "Technoprisoners" by James Paddock

Difficulty settings: Not yet

Tested in: PrBoom, ZDoom, Zandronum

Just a heads up for Obsidian for compile time: I've been updating my original post with new versions of my map (the map linked in the 2nd post of the thread is an old version).

1:37AM!

Still not quite finished, mainly some texturing that still needs to be done, plus the level isn't supposed to end as early as it does (I stuck W1 exit lines at the end of "the bridge"), hopefully I can add the final area later..if not lol rip. It is playable though.

After some feedback on the earlier version, I've gained some confidence in the gameplay. I've actually made the rocket launcher a secret, and the ammo should be balanced for both chaingun only, and for blasting through like a madman with the rocket launcher, provided you can get it :) I'm quite proud of the mechanical stuff in this map, I've never done anything even nearly as elaborate as some of the stuff here before!

On a chaingun only run, the map takes me about 3 and a half minutes - don't be fooled by the monster count!

I have a couple of texture edits in here, make sure you load the resource WAD first. Special thanks to Scotty and Breezeep for moral support :P

The Game Never Ends

Music: "The Game Never Ends" by Stratovarius, MIDI transcription by me

Difficulty settings: Implemented, but may need further work

Tested in: GZDoom, PrBoom+ (-nomonsters mechanics checking, seems ok at least :P)

Screenshots:

gjpxq9hl.png6EzVg5zl.png

eVyWvsAl.pngOyrHnvWl.png

Hopefully not too late. Finally finished off my orange map. It's fairly small but difficult in places. HMP and HNTR implemented but untested:

Autumn Equinox_V4

Midi is the Puppet Show from Secret of Evermore.

Screenshot_Doom_20180601_154657.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180601_154710.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180601_154808.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180601_154914.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180601_154955.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180601_155517.png

Edited by Nirvana : Changed final fight slightly, correct resource pack used.

10 hours ago, Paul977 said:

Last minute entry.

The download link doesn't work for me, comes up with file doesn't exist :s

Sorry, I just didn't have enough time to finish mine (lots of stuff happening over the last 2 weeks). No major loss, it was shit anyway, but I still feel kinda bad :/

I'm in the same boat as Surreily and real life got in the way of mapping. For the looks of it you guys put a lot of effort into your maps and I look forward to playing the completed version. Hopefully next year I'll have more time.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/oh5bfxr6zur5hg9/BlazingGospel_v2.zip/file

Fixed the cybruisers, had to remove the one overlooking the final battlefield since he was meant to be eliminated with rockets, and with these latest changes has predictably become too much of a nuisance; the rest of the map remains the same, my quick calculations show that everything should be more or less fine, still - give me a ring should any of the fights involving cybruisers be too overwhelming with supplies provided.

Added a secret fight to my map and fixed some errors. The secret fight is stupid on UV just as a warning.

On 6/1/2018 at 6:56 AM, Nirvana said:

Hopefully not too late. Finally finished off my orange map. It's fairly small but difficult in places. HMP and HNTR implemented but untested:

Autumn Equinox_V3

Very cool map!

Here's a successful FDA, despite derping up two fights which almost killed me :P I failed to find the secret, uber hard fight though :<

AutumnEquinox_V3_BlooditeKrypto.zip

Feels like playing a Ribbiks map. I liked the intimidating opening, you get swarmed in a confined space with no immediate weapon to grab. The teleporter ambushes force you to act quickly and keep you on edge. The last area felt generous with powerups, you get a free Mega before entering and two Soulspheres in case you eat a Cyber rocket, since it's the last fight which should be the most challenging, I'd put medkits instead.

I don't know how but the Cybruiser appears as a Spider Mastermind for me, I downloaded the resources in the OP which I assume to be up to date and launched from command prompt in the order of Autumn first then the resources :s

@Bloodite Krypto I seem to be having the same problem. Whichever version I am downloading I don't get the custom switches to animate which i guess  is a good indicator that it is the old resource wad, still. I also tried this one but to no avail.

On 5/31/2018 at 11:43 PM, Obsidian said:

It's called MAY18RES.wad. Here, try this link.

I think I worked it out :D checking in the editor, it looks like the Cybruiser actually replaces the Spider Mastermind and not the Baron of Hell.

9 minutes ago, Bloodite Krypto said:

I think I worked it out :D checking in the editor, it looks like the Cybruiser actually replaces the Spider Mastermind and not the Baron of Hell.

It shows up as a cybruiser in my map when using the Baron of Hell, so I'm not sure what to believe now.

11 minutes ago, Nirvana said:

It shows up as a cybruiser in my map when using the Baron of Hell, so I'm not sure what to believe now.

I had the same problem , you are using the old version of the resource pack.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qwipxaeggln4g8/3sundowning_nh.wad?dl=0

Map name: Sundowning

Music: Sunset over Babylon by Jimmy.

Difficulty settings: Implemented somewhat

Tested in: PrBoom+

Been spending some time trying to find fitting music for this map, but nothing sofar leaves me satisfied so it will probably again change.

The start

xOZIVfZ.png

The canyon

lAMMWv2.png

Inside the Base

manx4sQ.png

Where does this lead?

7N6YEKP.png

Edited by NeedHealth

Ok, used the correct resource pack for this one. Update is in my original post. Final fight has been tweaked as per Krypto's suggestions and some slight texturing changes have been made to the map as well. Thanks for the solid feedback once again Krypto, good stuff!