Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Obsidian

MAYhem 2018 - Orange Version!

29 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

-MAP15. Currently that slot is occupied by @Benjogami Heatmonger, which I think is a fitting place for it. It does however mean that it'll need a secret exit to accommodate Dobu's MAP31. I can probably add one myself, but if Benjo would like to handle it that'd be much more preferable.

Yeah sure, I'll try to come up with something.

I will give a new version of my map today.

Welp i decided to update my map to try and fix the issues that it had according to damo2k.

13 hours ago, Obsidian said:

-MAP02. As I pointed out in my initial review of this, it's somewhat obvious that this map was an early effort and I've been doubtful of its inclusion. I'm not saying that it's terrible or anything, but if @Redead-ITA wants the map to stay then it's going to need something of a facelift. If anyone would like to neaten up the map a little and make it look spiffy then let me know, but otherwise I'll try tackling it myself.

Welp in any case for those who want to give it a shot, i updated the map to add some more ammo for multiplayer, so feel free to use this version of asterion:

Redmay.zip

Here is the new version of my map.

V3

Oh yeah, and feel free to suggest changes to the maplist if you feel like some maps are misplaced: it ain't concrete just yet and I'm open to feedback.

@Obsidian, there's a bug on Map17 in the current compilation (RC4) where stepping onto the exit takes you back to the start of Map17. I mean its a great map but I don't want to play it endlessly! :p

15 hours ago, amok said:

@Obsidian, there's a bug on Map17 in the current compilation (RC4) where stepping onto the exit takes you back to the start of Map17. I mean its a great map but I don't want to play it endlessly! :p

Heh, I just did a quick sweep and I think you bypassed the exit by accident: the exit's a Plutonia one, not a standard GATE# flat.

37 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

Heh, I just did a quick sweep and I think you bypassed the exit by accident: the exit's a Plutonia one, not a standard GATE# flat.

No I mean it literally starts the level anew, I made a quick video showing what I mean: https://streamable.com/6e48x

This happens on ZDoom and GZDoom but seems to work fine on PrBoom+.

(Also I just noticed the orange eyes for IDDQD, thats a great touch!)

Ohhhh, I must've fucked up the MAPINFO! Good catch and sorry if I came off condescending or anything.

A few issues noticed with the help of tnswutil:

MAP16 and MAP20 use extended nodes even though they are not necessary. This will prevent the maps from loading in ZDaemon.

MAP05, MAP12 and MAP22 don't have any player 2-4 starts.

Better late than never I guess, but I've spotted two minor bugs on map 04 :

rhzIeU6.png

Misaligned crate texture.

7l157ri.png

This poor Demon can't get to the player due to its thiccness.
I suggest replacing it with a Shadow or two Imps.

Also this part of the map really feels bare and empty
, I suggest adding a couple corpses and / or health bonus here and there.

Just played map 13, pretty cool map with a nice overlapping layout.

There are some bugs though, such as this Arch-Vile which can't see the player and cannot be killed :

yOzvn63.png

Moreover, some monsters are stuck in their teleporter closets and fail to teleport at the end.

/me flops

I STILL EXIST

Apologies for the downtime, my head's been occupied with quite a bit of stuff lately: regardless, here's the link for the newest beta.

-Minor bugfixing in some maps: mostly zapping errors that showed up in ZDoom's console.

-A revamped MAP02! The gameplay and layout is identical to the original, I just did some touching up in the visuals department.

-Unused textures have been removed.

-A bullshit story has been added! I typed this one up myself, but if you reckon you've got a good idea I'd be more than happy to hear it.

About all that's left is possibly some demos in the wad, but it's not a necessity. :D Lemme know if I done fucked up!

33 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

/me flops

I STILL EXIST

Tried the new build, The visual department was quite a threat, made me realize how i could had make the map way better, though note

Spoiler

you sorta forgot to remove the original map02 from the map32 slot, outside of this seems to be ok!

9 minutes ago, Redead-ITA said:

you sorta forgot to remove the original map02 from the map32 slot, outside of this seems to be ok!

There's a reason for that: while I'd like to hope I improved your map visually, at the end of the day it is your work to do with as you please. I kept that there in case you (or other mappers) weren't enthused with the job I did, in which case I'd switch 'em around. Making grand proclamations as project leader is all well and good, but MAYhem is a community effort and to disregard outside opinion would be foolish of me.

that reminds me also that the Rocket launcher Pillar on map02 begins open on the builder, you sorta forgot to close it.

image.png.e9458565c4a90698be088105f39305f4.png

Could these issues be addressed before uploading to idgames, please?

Spoiler

On 8/6/2018 at 10:00 AM, Keyboard_Doomer said:

A few issues noticed with the help of tnswutil:

MAP16 and MAP20 use extended nodes even though they are not necessary. This will prevent the maps from loading in ZDaemon.

MAP05, MAP12 and MAP22 don't have any player 2-4 starts.

It really shouldn't take long to fix them and it will lead to substantial improvement for hosting the wad in ZDaemon. So far MAP20 dropping the extended nodes is the only resolved issue of the ones I mention.

Edited by Keyboard_Doomer