Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ezxariarch

How come the projectiles that has speed over 30 flies all over the place?

I tried to make a bfg replacement gun i made have a faster projectile. So i set it 30 speed on DEHACKED and it worked fine but i still didnt thought it was fast enough. so I made it 50(since i can make it work in EDGE). I ran the patch and the projectile started to fire everywhere EXCEPT at the target... dats wierd. I thought it work in the old version of Dehacked... ah wutever not very important.

I tried to make a bfg replacement gun i made have a faster projectile. So i set it 30 speed on DEHACKED and it worked fine but i still didnt thought it was fast enough. so I made it 50(since i can make it work in EDGE). I ran the patch and the projectile started to fire everywhere EXCEPT at the target... dats wierd. I thought it work in the old version of Dehacked... ah wutever not very important.

Quote me on this: Fixed-point math blows.

Now repeat after me.

The speed of the projectile is multiplied by 64K when it is launched. Past a certain threashold, the game can no longer work out the math very well, and so the projectile's path becomes chaotic. You just have to keep your projectiles within the speed limit. That's all.

I suffer from the exact opposite problem. I wanted to have a projectile that wouldn't go anywhere after it was fired. I can give the projectile a speed of 1, but giving it a speed of 0 crashes the game. :(