Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NICK2812

Computer.wad (DTMCH)

Recommended Posts

Hola a toda la comunidad, ahora en este wad les trsigo un deathmatch para 4 jugadores, sin mas que decir alguna otra cosa les dejo el archivo .zip abajo para que lo prueben.

-NICK

============================================================================================================

Hello to the whole community, now in this wad I bring you a deathmatch for 4 players, without more than saying something else I leave the .zip file below to try it.

-NICK

                                                                                                         SCREENSHOTS:

image.png.17f5b659175d668ebba05b42033c5ad5.png

image.png.c1bcf352463366a8dbf89247e7457d17.png

image.png.6f8edb7c7c1a100f5e14efafbdda3398.png

image.png.b25eb7f4abdbd47749c2c27937dcfacd.png

NICK LEVELS 4.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Have you played deathmatch before? I'm gonna be super mean and just be real with you: this looks pretty not-so-good for deathmatch, especially for just 4 players.

 

All the screenshots are of giant wide-open empty square rooms, so virtually no cover anywhere, and the ammo/item/weapon spawns seem really unbalanced. I mean, one of the screenshots shows a BFG, an invisibility sphere, and a megasphere with a plasma rifle (giving more BFG shots) all in the same spot. That's pretty much as bad as it gets.

 

Get Zandronum and the little server browser, check out the multiplayer subforum, join the discord or whatever is over there, play some DM matches, get a feel for what constitutes good balance and fun gameplay, and try again.

 

Though I could be completely wrong about all this, since I haven't actually checked the map out yet and people usually hate my DM maps.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, bonnie said:

Have you played deathmatch before? I'm gonna be super mean and just be real with you: this looks pretty not-so-good for deathmatch, especially for just 4 players.

 

All the screenshots are of giant wide-open empty square rooms, so virtually no cover anywhere, and the ammo/item/weapon spawns seem really unbalanced. I mean, one of the screenshots shows a BFG, an invisibility sphere, and a megasphere with a plasma rifle (giving more BFG shots) all in the same spot. That's pretty much as bad as it gets.

 

Get Zandronum and the little server browser, check out the multiplayer subforum, join the discord or whatever is over there, play some DM matches, get a feel for what constitutes good balance and fun gameplay, and try again.

 

Though I could be completely wrong about all this, since I haven't actually checked the map out yet and people usually hate my DM maps.

Well, you should have downloaded the wad before saying this.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, mun said:

Bueno, deberías haber descargado el fajo antes de decir esto.

you tell me that or bonnie

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, mun said:

Well, you should have downloaded the wad before saying this.

 

No.  No they didn't need to download the wad before saying that.

 

It's actually even worse than the screenshots suggest.  This map doesn't even have deathmatch starts.  Did the author test this map at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Take a look at some of these to get an idea of how to construct a deathmatch map. Keep on trying, you clearly have the ability to use the map editor, just hone your style a bit and learn good weapon/spawn placement by playing more DMs.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, AlexMax said:

 

No.  No they didn't need to download the wad before saying that.

 

It's actually even worse than the screenshots suggest.  This map doesn't even have deathmatch starts.  Did the author test this map at all?

It could be better than what the screenshots suggest, but okay.

Share this post


Link to post

I nominate this for a Cacoward in the jokewad category. [/sarcasm]

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Welcome to doom mapping! You will get better at this eventually as you practice and make more maps. You also need to check out other DM wads (or any good wad in general to get some ideas on what and how to make).

 

Some ideas:

 

Don't make all squared rooms. Make use of different shapes and combine them at different points to make the rooms look interesting. Make use of different heights by extending some platforms and connecting them with stairs from the side of a room, and put some kind of a good pickup at the end of the ledge/platform. Add some doors and windows. Raise some square sectors and make then look like crates just scattered around. Let the players drop down onto some of the crates for a weapon or powerup (think about how you can make this). Spread around some health and armor bonus pickups alongside the walls or stair-steps. 

 

Check this Fragfest.wad out. It's nothing too fancy, just a basic DM wad that might give you some ideas.

Share this post


Link to post

I think, more importantly, it's important to actually test your maps in the described gametype before distributing them to the wider internet.

 

Probably the easiest way to test deathmatch maps is to load the map up in Zandronum.  From there, load your WAD, go into the console, and type the following things:

]deathmatch true
]skill 4
]sv_cheats true
]sv_weaponstay true
]sv_itemrespawn true
]map map01

Once you're on the map, you can then use bots to test your map:

]addbot

Note that bots should only be used to test the big picture stuff - such as ensuring that you have deathmatch spawns properly placed.  Using bots to test your maps for balance is probably not a wise idea, but better than nothing.

 

Hope that was a little bit helpful.

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×