Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quagsire

Enough about good shotguns, let's talk about the worst!

And by worst, I mean ANY major setback that could demean ANY said shotguns from ANY game provided. It can be anything you perceive as annoying, as long as it isn't simply a personal issue with it. Sadly I cannot think of one at the top of my head, so I'll leave it to you guys! Can't wait to see the responses!

+1 for the Doom 3 shotgun. For some reason the game prioritized the "clank" of the hitscans impacting metal than the sound of that shotgun firing, so whenever you fired the weapon the primary noise was usually a metal bang. Sounded really really bad!

Too bad to say, but I kinda hate the shotgun from Quake 2. When compared with a super shotgun, it is NOTHING. In Doom, the shotgun still fires good, and when you get an SS, you'll still try to use the original one sometimes. But TBH, in Quake 2, Once you get a super shotgun, the ONLY weapon you're gonna use for firing shells is that. You will just forget about the shotgun and never touch it again after you get the more powerful weapons, such as the rail gun and hyperblaster.

The "Single Shotgun" from Fallout New Vegas will always be the champion of sucking all the ass when it comes to shotguns.

I found the Doom 3 shotgun overpowered as fuck as long as you pretend it is the SSG with way better reload speed, monster death sounds cover it that way at least :p. Now I'd nominate the stupid shotgun from Quake 1 (not the double shotgun). stunlock shit with a horrible sound then shoot them 10 times over and over? No thanks.

I'll nominate every shotgun ever in Call of Duty except the Model 1887 lever action.

I'm pretty sure their shots physically vanish after a couple of meters, so you always had to hold the barrel against the fucker's head to hope to kill him with one.

7 hours ago, Bauul said:

+1 for the Doom 3 shotgun. For some reason the game prioritized the "clank" of the hitscans impacting metal than the sound of that shotgun firing, so whenever you fired the weapon the primary noise was usually a metal bang. Sounded really really bad!

And then the actual report of the shotgun firing sounded more like somebody closing a barn door, than a firearm

Oh come on, the Doom 3 shotgun was actually useful in killing all the low to middle tier enemies like the maggot, imp, commando and even revenants, I think the problem is that it just doesn't look or sound nice.

It is not terrible, it is just ugly.

The shotgun from GTA3. It's slow and too close-ranged. It's too overpowered and blows up nearby cars. Also because mafia holds shotguns, it's very dangerous going to their hood without bulletproof car.

The Doom 3 shotgun is awful, that spread is the single worst pellet scattering pattern I've seen in any game.

+1 to the Doom 3 shotgun 

While i like the sound and i don't hate the design as much as everyone else, in terms of gameplay i do agree its one of the worst, it's useless with anything that's not at point blank range and it has a ridiculous spread pattern. It really is a glorified melee weapon

Doom 3's shotgun was quite awful as far as shotguns go.  But it was the best melee weapon in the game.

4 hours ago, silentzorah said:

Doom 3's shotgun was quite awful as far as shotguns go.  But it was the best melee weapon in the game.

I beg to differ, the Chainsaw was better.

Edited by cyan0s1s

Just now, cyan0s1s said:

I digress, the Chainsaw was better.

Good luck killing Hell Knights with that.

Hm. I would be hard-pressed to find a shotgun I didn't like. I can freely say the shotgun from Quake 1 was just... inadequate, I dunno. I literally love every other one, even the Doom 3 one.

This thread's question has me sweating.

Any shotgun from Fallout 3, New Vegas, or 4. Very few exceptions, but they are pretty much all unsatisfying.

I'd say that one multi barrel shotgun from Serious Sam 2 is bad only because its so over powered it makes you not want to use any other weapon. The damn thing has pretty much no spread so it can act as a sniper rifle!

The shotgun from Daikatana that had to shoot like 6 times in a row when you only fired once is also crappy design.

Edited by wheresthebeef

Again the majority of the ones in the quake series are lacklustre tbh,  the sequels wasn’t as bad as the first, but when they are compared to dooms very underwhelming.

Actually I take back saying Quake 1s shotgun, at least it can stunlock shit while boring you to death. the shotgun in Bioshock Infinite can burn in hell, Only effective close-up in a game with huge maps, elevations and a ton of shitscanners? No thanks.

+++ Doom 3 shotgun. The spread is just ridiculously bad, and I basically stopped using it once acquiring any of the better weapons, which is most of the arsenal.